Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Demons, what are they?

fallen angels demons angels

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#136    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• Well behaved women rarely make history.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostDan, on 12 February 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

They are the souls of liberal lawmakers.

I'm pretty liberal so I should be offended but I'm not haha that was funny! I have to give credit where its due and that was a good one:)

#137    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,113 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 31 March 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Can you defend any of your positions with actual FACT?? That's probably the better question.

I think not..

I can say I think demons are purple unicorn souls who are trapped between candyland and monopoly and if we don't need facts to back anything up then no one can be wrong....or right for that matter. You not accepting someone's answer doesn't make it wrong and your bible scriptures don't make what you say right, sorry to break it to you.

As a matter of fact I thik I can defend my position. the evidence of the spiritual world is in that we the physical world are a reflection of that world we call the spirtit world and that evidence can be found in all the phenomena that we winess on earth. It is much like the allegory of the cave proposed by Plato.

We have demonic posession, we have alot of information historically on people trying to access the spirit world, from spiritism to necromancy. we have information from the Luciferians and their rites and their purposes, we have information and evidence from what even some demons say and their actions when confronted by the name of Jesus... I could go on but if you want a detailed account, then that will have to wait for later.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#138    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostJor-el, on 31 March 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

As a matter of fact I thik I can defend my position. the evidence of the spiritual world is in that we the physical world are a reflection of that world we call the spirtit world and that evidence can be found in all the phenomena that we winess on earth. It is much like the allegory of the cave proposed by Plato.

We have demonic posession, we have alot of information historically on people trying to access the spirit world, from spiritism to necromancy. we have information from the Luciferians and their rites and their purposes, we have information and evidence from what even some demons say and their actions when confronted by the name of Jesus... I could go on but if you want a detailed account, then that will have to wait for later.

Wasn't the question what they were, not wether they actually existed? I'm confused... And seriously as soon as you bring your god and his amazing book that btw wasn't written by him but by man, into it it becomes as good as my unicorn theory. The fact is, is that no one probably knows for a definite fact what demons are...they could be fallen angels or purple unicorns. They are something very much unknown other than they are some sort of entity. I don't know that I believe a whole lot of what the churches say and/or describe as demonic possession, seeing that they have been known to think homosexuality was due to demonic possession.

Edited by Goddess_Lilith, 31 March 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#139    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,113 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 31 March 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Wasn't the question what they were, not wether they actually existed? I'm confused... And seriously as soon as you bring your god and his amazing book that btw wasn't written by him but by man, into it it becomes as good as my unicorn theory. The fact is, is that no one probably knows for a definite fact what demons are...they could be fallen angels or purple unicorns. They are something very much unknown other than they are some sort of entity. I don't know that I believe a whole lot of what the churches say and/or describe as demonic possession, seeing that they have been known to think homosexuality was due to demonic possession.

Much of the current christian thinking about demons is a twisted mess, but that doesn't mean the bible doesn't have the answer to the question. In ancient times, people viewed demons as the lost souls of the nephilim, the demi-human/god offspring of the sexual intercourse between gods/angels and women, These beings when they died were excluded from any of the promises made to mankind, neither heaven or hell was their destiny, they were condemned to drift in the void between the two.

Remember please that Christianity is a descendent of Judaism and Judaism has the same type of cosmology as ancient Sumeria, Babylon, and Greece, their views and experiences in the "science" of necromancy is well known, not just the theory, but also the practice of it.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#140    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

So if the bible has the answer to your question then why are you asking? You have the answer right there in front of you. Why not enlighten us? And tell me more about Christianity being based off black magic as well if you don't mind.

#141    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,113 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 31 March 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

So if the bible has the answer to your question then why are you asking? You have the answer right there in front of you. Why not enlighten us? And tell me more about Christianity being based off black magic as well if you don't mind.

I just did...

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#142    markprice

markprice

Poltergeist

• 3,118 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 30 March 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

Looks like you have some reading to do, before you ask, no, I'm not going to spoon feed it to you, got better things to do, like anything.

Because you were lying so I was only mocking you. What books? And don't believe everything you read anymore unless you can back up your ridiculous declarations.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#143    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 31 March 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

What about the ones who are gods?

I don't know their names.  You do understand that the word god is a title don't you.  They did go throughh what we are going through.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#144    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostJor-el, on 31 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

I just did...

What they were viewed as and what they are in fact are, are two completely different things. Again I'm talking facts sweetie, not views and/or beliefs. Do you know what's facts are?

#145    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 01 April 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

What they were viewed as and what they are in fact are, are two completely different things. Again I'm talking facts sweetie, not views and/or beliefs. Do you know what's facts are?

If you want to what a spirit looks like, look in a mirrior.  Your body looks just like, minus any scares.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#146    Goddess_Lilith

Goddess_Lilith

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 April 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

If you want to what a spirit looks like, look in a mirrior.  Your body looks just like, minus any scares.

Very mature. And I wasn't the one who originally asked this ridiculous question so how about you try to pay attention and keep up and do some growing up before you adress me ever again.

#147    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

To show why I write that Christians think that demons are the old Gods and demi-gods, and in so doing insult many of us living and the ancestors of all, here is what early Christians said about the worship of Antinous.

Quote from Origen, extract from book 3 chapter 36-38

For they set up in certain places demons claiming prophetic or healing power, and which frequently torture those who seem to have committed any mistake about ordinary kinds of food, or about touching the dead body of a man, that they may have the appearance of alarming the uneducated multitude. Of this nature is the being that is considered to be a god in Antinopolis in Egypt, whose virtues are the lying inventions of some who live by the gain derived therefrom; while others, deceived by the demon placed there, and others again convicted by a weak conscience, actually think that they are paying a divine penalty inflicted by Antinous.

This can all be just as well applied to Christianity. Demons = figments of the imagination used for propaganda

#148    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,093 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Postdanielost, on 31 March 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I don't know their names.  You do understand that the word god is a title don't you.  They did go throughh what we are going through.
God as proper noun is a title or name, the word god is synonymous for deity.

Edited by Rlyeh, 01 April 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#149    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,386 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostGoddess_Lilith, on 01 April 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

Very mature. And I wasn't the one who originally asked this ridiculous question so how about you try to pay attention and keep up and do some growing up before you adress me ever again.

I wasn't being childess, I was telling you what I have been taught in church.

#150    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,682 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 31 March 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Because you were lying so I was only mocking you. What books? And don't believe everything you read anymore unless you can back up your ridiculous declarations.

Liar?  Guess what, I've got a nicer term for you bub, I'll clue you in...it starts with douche and ends with bag. You can think whatever you want, I couldn't care less. If you're interested in learning anything new (which i seriously doubt because you come off as a complete closed minded tool) google is your friend. Like I said, I'm not here to spoon feed you, that's not my job, research things yourself, if you're interested. LEARN SOMETHING NEW, IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT. However, if you have zero energy or will to do so, then shut your mouth and remain ignorant.

Edited by WoIverine, 01 April 2013 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users