Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Bombs away in Israel & Gaza.. Again...

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#61    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,771 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Another militant group has fired rockets at Israel

#62    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 17 November 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

From day one the Israeli state as been under attack and for every decade thereafter, google 1948 war, when the Arab countries intervened attacking Israel, a coalition of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq Lebanon, Palestinian forces and any Arab and his camel/donkey volunteer force. skip a conflict or two and it brings you to the Six day war, were Israel kicked ass. fighting on three fronts. - to me this war could have stopped the vast majority of the problems we see today if Israel after pushing back the 'Axis' forces and capturing the lands of - The gaza strip - the West bank and the Sinai peninsula, annexing them as the spoils of war so redefining the Israeli state borders. today we'd have no Palestine, west bank or gaza strip. were lets face it all the troubles stem. the Palestinians / Arabs had lost the fight and so their land, - Egypt also losing territory (sinia peninsula). the surrounding Arab countries those named above would've had to offer their brothers asylum. using their phrase 'Brothers'. but it seems even these Arab countries keep the Palestinians at arms length. ask the reason why?

I will not comment on the derogatory "camel/donkey volunteer force", because indulging the use of such terms only voids the discussion of any meaning or significance. I just want to point out to you that in the case of Egypt, the annexation of Sinai would have never stopped any war. Sinai is an integral part of Egypt, always has been since the dawn of history, and this is not something any single Egyptian would ever forget or compromise. The 1979 peace treaty was the wise step to take by all parties involved, and it is a pity that other parties failed to appreciate the vision and realism of Sadat. The area would have been spared a lot of blood shed.

It is very easy to beat the war drums when one has no stake in the consequences!

#63    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,385 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 17 November 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

If this bears out as fact, then what has happened and is happening between Palestine and Israel is nothing short of a horrible tragedy, It will muddy the waters even more if that's possible and there will be an added air of outrage in Palestine given what is being dished up to them atm.  I feel for Israel, and pray they have not in fact "jumped the gun" on this one, what a mess for everybody.

True that.. There there's meetings happening all over the M-east trying to stop this from turning from a tit for tat israili conflict into something much bigger.. Hamas head Khaled Meshla and Islamic Jihad leader Ramdan Shalah are meeting in Cairo with Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and Qatar’s Emir Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Oh to be a fly on that wall..
Also, earlier during the escilations, it was reported that Iranian Rockets were being fired from Gaza.. but now the head of Iran's Parliament's National Security Committee Alaeddin Boroujerdi has denied his counrty supplied Fajr 5 rockets to Hamas.

All this coupled with the fact that rockets are crossing borders that shouldn't puts the peace treaty at jeopradary.. I only hope we don't see a knee-jerk reaction from either country.. but going on history, knee jerk reactions are usually what you get.

#64    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,385 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 17 November 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

From day one the Israeli state as been under attack and for every decade thereafter, google 1948 war.
Yep, that's not a surprising reaction..

#65    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,193 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 17 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

I will not comment on the derogatory "camel/donkey volunteer force", because indulging the use of such terms only voids the discussion of any meaning or significance. I just want to point out to you that in the case of Egypt, the annexation of Sinai would have never stopped any war. Sinai is an integral part of Egypt, always has been since the dawn of history, and this is not something any single Egyptian would ever forget or compromise. The 1979 peace treaty was the wise step to take by all parties involved, and it is a pity that other parties failed to appreciate the vision and realism of Sadat. The area would have been spared a lot of blood shed.

It is very easy to beat the war drums when one has no stake in the consequences!

sensitive soul, nothing derogatory about it, - any Arab and his camel/donkey volunteer force. simply means "alot of people"  as in "every man and his dog" google it,

The whole middle east is a mess from neighbouring countries using Hamas etc.. as pawns for there own gain, proxy wars. these rockets being fired have their finger prints all over them. how long before Israel says enough is enough. and wipes the floor with the lot of them. the stupid people who voted for Hamas have go what they deserve. Hamas as a party/group only exist to target Israel if there was peace in the region Hamas would be finished so its in their interest to start these skirmishes.

i tell you one thing two wrongs dont make a right but i'd back Israel any day over Islamic militants.

Edited by stevewinn, 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#66    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,385 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 17 November 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Another militant group has fired rockets at Israel

Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk reported Friday that the Mujahideen Shura Council (MSC) in the Environs of Jerusalem, an al Qaeda-linked group in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, claimed responsibility for the launching of five rockets. These were apparently the rockets that were fired at Israel on Wednesday.

I'm guessing these were the rockets that were reported as being Iranian..

#67    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,385 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 17 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

the stupid people who voted for Hamas have go what they deserve.

i tell you one thing two wrongs dont make a right but i'd back Israel any day over Islamic militants.

Show some respect or don't comment at all.

#68    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,193 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Show some respect or don't comment at all.

I'll comment on whatever i feel like. - im perfectly in my right to call the people who voted for Hamas stupid. defintion of stupid for yourself - Lacking intelligence or common sense - they displayed both especially when Hamas exist to only target Israel, what did they think the consequences would be, PEACE. c'mon.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#69    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,385 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

I'll comment on whatever i feel like. - im perfectly in my right to call the people who voted for Hamas stupid. defintion of stupid for yourself - Lacking intelligence or common sense - they displayed both especially when Hamas exist to only target Israel, what did they think the consequences would be, PEACE. c'mon.
Again.. show some respect..
and at least do a bit more research into the political history of the Palestinian Authority, Hamas,  Fatah, The modern state of Israel and the cause and effect conflicts that have shaped the politics in the region before calling people "stupid"..

Hamas (an arm of the muslim brotherhood) wants a resolution to the Arab-Israeli conflict which includs a Palestinian state based on the pre 1967 borders... Bah... (and here I go allowing this to be derailed).... tread lightly...

#70    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,289 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

My, the amount of ammunition is not going down. There quicker man made killing machines are stopped. the better. But, silly ol me, theres far too much money to be made here for some people!!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#71    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,771 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Israel only wants to wipe out Islam and they dont care about anyone else

#72    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,289 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 17 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Israel only wants to wipe out Islam and they dont care about anyone else
and visa versa.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#73    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,771 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

and visa versa.
Im talking about the ringleaders and nazi's not the common people. Both sides

#74    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,289 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 17 November 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Im talking about the ringleaders and nazi's not the common people. Both sides
Gotcha, the ones who crave power and money no matter who dies in the process?

#75    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 17 November 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Gotcha, the ones who crave power and money no matter who dies in the process?

Essentially.

They'll sacrifice as many lives as they see fit.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users