Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

New Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened

noahs ark great flood robert ballard black sea

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

There may have been many floods as the Glaciers retreated but the concept of a total world wide flood is ridiculous.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#47    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

The Bible flood, I believe was an adopted moral tale from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Panbabylonism

#48    rufo32

rufo32

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

There have been periods of extreme cold and extreme heat.  If the cold was followed by a quick warm up it could very well have caused water to rise quickly flooding many coastal areas.  As far as covering the planet in water, I doubt it.

#49    mrknownothing

mrknownothing

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

There are floods in most mythologies which would imply that there was some huge flood at some point. The problem is that some people look past the lessons that are to be learned in all those stories and take thing too literaly. Learn what the stories are trying to tell you and you can really live a better life. Get caught up in "my myth is better than yours" and, well....

#50    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 12 December 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Ballard has been at this for years. I remember reading about his Black Sea theory six or seven years ago. It doesn't seem to be explained in the present article, but part of the theory involves the lower level of bodies of water at that point in time. On the linked map, for example, the Mediterranean, Sea of Marmara, and Black Sea did not connect at the time. In the theory the rising waters caused buildup through the Sea of Marmara to the extent that the thin natural land barrier collapsed and gave way, causing the water to rush in violently into the Black Sea.

In this scenario the western-most end of the Black Sea would've experienced violent flooding very quickly. That would account for archaeological sites quickly abandoned on an acient shoreline that is now 400 feet below the Black Sea—if Ballard can find evidence to substantiate the theory.

I do know of that scenario, but that would have occurred only very near the Bosporus. I have once posted a paper that contradicted the scenario as you described and it was based on scientific research, but I don't have that paper at hand.

#51    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,008 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Noah's Flood Hypothesis May Not Hold Water

such a forceful flood could not have taken place, says Jun Abrajano, professor of earth and environmental sciences at Rensselaer. He is part of an international team of scientists who refute the so-called Noah's Flood Hypothesis.
Abrajano cites evidence of a much more gradual rising of the Black Sea that began to occur 10,000 years ago and continued for 2,000 years.

http://www.scienceda...20617074814.htm

Evidence a bursting flood never happened in the Black Sea .

#52    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 13 December 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

Noah's Flood Hypothesis May Not Hold Water

such a forceful flood could not have taken place, says Jun Abrajano, professor of earth and environmental sciences at Rensselaer. He is part of an international team of scientists who refute the so-called Noah's Flood Hypothesis.
Abrajano cites evidence of a much more gradual rising of the Black Sea that began to occur 10,000 years ago and continued for 2,000 years.

Evidence a bursting flood never happened in the Black Sea .

That's the one. Thank you Docyabut

+++

EDIT:

Btw, I has to use another link for yours is not working:

http://news.rpi.edu/...rtcenterkey=371

Edited by Abramelin, 13 December 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#53    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Right now Im occupied with another thread but cant wait to join this one.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#54    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,008 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 13 December 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

That's the one. Thank you Docyabut

I posted the link two or three threads back, but I guess most just over looked it:)

#55    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 13 December 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I posted the link two or three threads back, but I guess most just over looked it:)

Maybe then it didn't work either, so what I did is paste the text you posted into Google and found another site with the same text.

(see edit in my former post)

Edited by Abramelin, 13 December 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#56    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 12 December 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

The Bible flood, I believe was an adopted moral tale from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Panbabylonism

And isn't that the same with Plato's "Atlantis" story?

#57    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,008 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 13 December 2012 - 11:05 AM, said:

And isn't that the same with Plato's "Atlantis" story?

Sorry Abramelin I guess the last link didn`t come through, but the one  I posted on the frist thread did. Well any how see if this one comes through:)

Some how I don`t think Plato` flood of Atlantis was related :)

#58    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 13 December 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

Sorry Abramelin I guess the last link didn`t come through, but the one  I posted on the frist thread did. Well any how see if this one comes through:)

Some how I don`t think Plato` flood of Atlantis was related :)

I didn't mean that Plato's tale was related to Noah's Flood, just that both tales were mot meant to be taken literally.

#59    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

View Postlightdefeatsdark, on 12 December 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Okay, the bible says the earth is 5772 years old, Before the flood the conditions were WAY different, the bible says the fountains of the deep broke open and the rain started falling now theres proof of the fountains of the deep with fault lines all over the world and subterranean water chambers, also some believe that there was a layer of water somewhere added to the atmosphere,

Genesis 1:6-7

And God said. "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.   

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

It was like living in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber (increasing life spans, making us grow bigger and stronger (way more capable of building a boat that sized), not to mention would explain how the dinosaurs could have lived here considering they couldn't breath anymore.)). The mountains weren't that high before the flood, when the faults broke open they shoved terrain out of the water raising peaks and creating depths, the world pre-flood was fully habitable including the poles, which is why we find tropical debris under the ice all the time. i believe a comet hit causing all of this (putting us on our axis creating the frozen poles freezing mammoths with food in their mouths shattering the water atmosphere and breaking the deep open. the earth is currently wobbling like a top and is slowly going back on track this would also explain all the fossils and giant bones found all over the place.

The Bible doesn't give the age of the Earth.  The number was derived by people taking literally the supposed ages from Adam on to come up with the number.

Even if we accept the ages, when we look at what is in the Bible, the derived age of the Earth is incorrect.

Genesis 4:14  Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden, and I will be a vagrant

Genesis 4:16-17  Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son.

The statement made by Cain (Gen 4:14) was when only Adam, Eve and Cain were supposed to be the only people (Cain having already slain Able) so there would have been no worry of being discovered by someone else.

Gen 4:16-17 would only be possible if other people existed for Cain to have chosen a wife from.

It is clear even from the Bible that there were people other than Adam and his descendants and there is no indication of when God Created them so the derived age is inaccurate at best.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#60    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 13 December 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

The Bible doesn't give the age of the Earth.  The number was derived by people taking literally the supposed ages from Adam on to come up with the number.

Even if we accept the ages, when we look at what is in the Bible, the derived age of the Earth is incorrect.

Genesis 4:14  Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden, and I will be a vagrant

Genesis 4:16-17  Then Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.
Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son.

The statement made by Cain (Gen 4:14) was when only Adam, Eve and Cain were supposed to be the only people (Cain having already slain Able) so there would have been no worry of being discovered by someone else.

Gen 4:16-17 would only be possible if other people existed for Cain to have chosen a wife from.

It is clear even from the Bible that there were people other than Adam and his descendants and there is no indication of when God Created them so the derived age is inaccurate at best.

It should also be taken into account that the part saying something to the effect of "...a day unto God is as 1000 years to man..." is a comparative statement. Meaning that one of God's days is a very, VERY long time to mankind. Much akin to using the number 40 as in "40 years of wandering" in the Moses story, since most people never lived to be 40 years old.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users