Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How to get targeted ads on your TV?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Verizon has filed a patent for a DVR that can watch and listen to the goings-on in your living room. In the application, the company proposes to use the technology to serve targeted ads appropriate to whatever you’re doing in the, uh, privacy of your own home—fighting, cuddling, or hanging out with your cats.

http://arstechnica.c...ur-set-top-box/

Nineteen Eighty-Four was 28 years ago, correct?

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

What the hell !

Miss me?

#3    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,818 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Do they really want to watch that many people m********e?

Edit: Or should I say, "pleasure themselves."

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 05 December 2012 - 04:56 AM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,749 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

fortunately it's an optional technology (DVR) so we buy it knowing it'll be spying on us.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Either the tip of a screwdriver or some decent wadding taped over the sensors should solve it.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users