Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russia Finds 'Trillions' of Carats

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

A diamond crater from outer space, kept secret since the Soviet era, has been revealed to the world for the first time. The meteorite crater located in Siberia is said to contain trillions of carats, but what is their real value and why were they hidden for so long?
http://www.mining-te...siberia-crater/.... LINK

Posted Image

#2    Christierella

Christierella

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Happiness is a decision, not a feeling.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Very cool story! It's interesting especially since they've known about it since the 70's.

Christie  <*}))))><
*Happy thoughts*

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,195 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Hmm, me thinks Russia is coming in from the Cold in a big way, a very good time to be found hoarding some solid wealth in this world.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 30 September 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

Hmm, me thinks Russia is coming in from the Cold in a big way, a very good time to be found hoarding some solid wealth in this world.

Problem with this though is that they are not jewelry grade diamonds. They are more industrial grade diamonds which are currently man made for the industry. It is currently cheaper to buy man made industrial diamonds than actually mine the diamonds Russia has. Also with there being so much of them if they could mine them profitably it would flood the market and drive down the price even more thus making them unprofitable to mine again.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,201 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostGrey14, on 01 October 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Problem with this though is that they are not jewelry grade diamonds. They are more industrial grade diamonds which are currently man made for the industry. It is currently cheaper to buy man made industrial diamonds than actually mine the diamonds Russia has. Also with there being so much of them if they could mine them profitably it would flood the market and drive down the price even more thus making them unprofitable to mine again.
I thought diamonds typically were found at the site of ancient volcanos....
BTW, Grey 14  AWESOME avatar pic....Beagle Pups RULE!!!!!   :w00t:

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users