Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

10 years of UM: Staff Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#136    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

UM is the best out there by far. Congrats on ten years  :)

#137    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,065 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

behaviour?? said:

What is one mistake you committed as a webmaster of UM?
Not getting as involved in discussions on the forums as i'd like to, i keep meaning to spend more time just browsing the forums and taking part in threads but never seem to find the time to do it.

#138    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,059 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostSaru, on 27 February 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

Not getting as involved in discussions on the forums as i'd like to, i keep meaning to spend more time just browsing the forums and taking part in threads but never seem to find the time to do it.
Manifesting in human form and walking among the muggles?  :o  The trouble is, whenever anyone sees your name appear in a thread, everyone always thinks, "What have I said? It wasn't me, I was nowhere near."  :ph34r:

:P

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#139    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

View Post747400, on 27 February 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

Manifesting in human form and walking among the muggles?  :o  The trouble is, whenever anyone sees your name appear in a thread, everyone always thinks, "What have I said? It wasn't me, I was nowhere near."  :ph34r:

Is true... we all get the - omg wasn't me look just before we enter lol...........OR oh no whats happened in this thread now?? :lol:

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#140    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,537 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

:lol:

So true.

And who here would be brave (or foolish) enough to debate with Saru?  :unsure2:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#141    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 27 February 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

And who here would be brave (or foolish) enough to debate with Saru?  :unsure2:

If Saru had more time to sit in a debate... then anyone would step up...  I doubt he would use his admin status as a way of any intimadation

Many mods post as normal and get into the odd debate... and those mods that do, never will use their mod status as a way to intimidate...they post as members...and I have seen some of them hold down some great debates

I know you have not said anything about imtimidation... I am just adding my own point...for some may think - oh no he is admin and he might ban me if he doesn't like my arguement against him  lol

But I don't think Saru has the time to jump in as much as he likes...

#142    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

I haven't been on the site frequently, but I read what was happening  :w00t: and I'm jumpin' right in the action.  ^_^ Happy 10th anniversary to the UM! Keep up the good work and all of us looking forward to another decade of such things paranormal. :tu: (sneaks in a keg of beer for everyone old enough to drink).

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#143    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

Congrats on 10 years. Though I don't post as much as I used to this site will always have a place in my heart. When I started here I was a die hard skeptic that believed in nothing. I actually believe in god now, so everyone can change.

Thanks to the Saru and the mods for not banning me when I got out of hand with the psi kiddies back in the old days. :D

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#144    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:38 PM

What was the one thing that inspired you to start the site?

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#145    StarChild 83

StarChild 83

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

• "The truth was forgotten long ago, now we just have our imaginations to fill in the blanks." StarChild 83

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:43 PM

congratz.

"Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'" H.J. Simpson

#146    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:09 AM

View PostSaru, on 27 February 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

I think if you had ever jumped in on one of my discussions, I'd have cried a little.  :lol:  Dang, I remember one thread I was debating with falco AND aquatus.  Was very unnerving.  I kept my cool, though, and they actually saw some sense.  *hides*

Pretty much.  :lol:  Any time I see Saruman's name pop up somewhere, especially anywhere near me, I think "oshitwthdiddonowww???"  I gotta say though, I've prolly not been smacked as much or as hard as I should've been. :lol:

View PostThe Skeptic Eric Raven, on 27 February 2011 - 10:56 PM, said:

Thanks to the Saru and the mods for not banning me when I got out of hand with the psi kiddies back in the old days. :D

Yeah Eric you were a meaniehead.  Still a forum fave, though.  :yes:  :D

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#147    Llalesay

Llalesay

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

I signed up to this site recently and i already love it. Congratulations with the 10 years :)

#148    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:35 AM

To Saru and Mods: When a user posts a really crap topic or leaves a dumb reply, do you swear to yourself or think he/she is an utter looney?

#149    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:14 AM

View PostErix, on 28 February 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

To Saru and Mods: When a user posts a really crap topic or leaves a dumb reply, do you swear to yourself or think he/she is an utter looney?

Why wouldn't they? They're human too.  :huh:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#150    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

View PostErix, on 28 February 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

If I was a mod..I don't think I would want to answer that one  lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users