Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nome, Alaska - Fact or Fiction?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    lezlow

lezlow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostSenator Palpatine, on 21 October 2009 - 03:14 AM, said:

By now I guess most people are aware of the upcoming movie "The Fourth Kind", which is supposedly based on true accounts.

Apparently, there is a lot of disappearings in Nome, more than in many other places.

Is there a real psychologist, called Dr. Abigail Tyler? Are there any interesting cases from Nome?

Interestingly enough, the title is taken from Jacques Vallee's classification of close encounters, and as many probably know, Vallee is "opposed" to the theory of aliens from other planets...

To clarify, when movies say "based on real events" or some such, I am aware that they can be based on one sentence to a whole history, and that it is always unclear exactly what the "real events" are. That they pixled the face of the supposedly real psychologist is most likely another trick to make the movie more appealing. I'm not out to debate the movie, just what facts it is based on (if any).
true events
http://www.adn.com/2...me-attract.html

dr abigail works in canada, her little girl was never found, sez les skelhorn

#47    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostCpl599, on 21 October 2009 - 12:31 PM, said:

If it's "based on true events" then it's most likely based to the same scale Texas Chainsaw Massacre was... The story had inspiration from the Ed Gein case.. everything about the movie however, was completely fictional.

It's a game these directors and writers play to get people to go see their movies.  The person writing them is "inspired" by a true event, and writes a completely fictional story, and they get to tag it as "based on true events"

I stopped paying attention to the whole "true events" thing a long time ago.. its usually BS...

I agree with this

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#48    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

and tell me if im wrong but dont A LOT of people come up missing in Alaska and never found, I mean it is a pretty barren place

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#49    camille2009

camille2009

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

The footage is false. Dr. Abbey is a fictional character. You can find the actress in IMDb. These incidents did not occur. It takes some research and digging... it is the same type of production as the Blair Witch Project. All Hollywood. Just for entertainment. Fake documentary. Sorry.

#50    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

What exactly is real and what is not. http://blog.moviefon...he-fourth-kind/

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#51    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,995 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

From Hazz's link:

So there you have it. There is no Dr. Abigail Tyler, there are no reported cases of UFO encounters in Nome, Alaska. The FBI did pay a visit to Nome, but only to conclude that its missing people were almost all due to alcohol-related incidents; the film crew, however, did not visit Nome as the production was shot in Bulgaria

It's just a movie...period.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#52    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,333 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Looks ,and listens for the Train whistle ! :tu: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#53    kombizz

kombizz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Be a RESPONSIBLE observer.

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I used to believe in the UFO. In one of those trip to Iran, I met a young enthusiastic astronomer in an exhibition. I asked her if she believed in the UFO. Then she answered me by quoting a verse of Holy Quran that Allah created Human being as a highest intelligent in the universe. Then she told me there would not be any more intelligent being than human being in the entire universe. Then all of my belief in the UFO shattered at once.

<iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?user_id=kombizz&set_id=72157605245046891" frameBorder="0" width="500" height="500"></iframe>

My name is kombizz. I was born and brought up in Iran, a beautiful country that is full of history.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kombizz

#54    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,670 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

View Postkombizz, on 01 November 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

I used to believe in the UFO. In one of those trip to Iran, I met a young enthusiastic astronomer in an exhibition. I asked her if she believed in the UFO. Then she answered me by quoting a verse of Holy Quran that Allah created Human being as a highest intelligent in the universe. Then she told me there would not be any more intelligent being than human being in the entire universe. Then all of my belief in the UFO shattered at once.

Wow. There's so many things wrong with this one that I'm not even gonna bother. I'm outta here, have a good weekend, everyone.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 01 November 2013 - 09:54 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users