Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Food for the soul

kimberly4748

Whatever happened to love your neighbor. Treat others as you would want to be treated. I signed in that site because i thought that there would be some mature people to have open discussion with. I have read through many forums with disgust. People attacking others verbally. Try this one if you don't have something nice to say (DON'T SAY IT). Have some class and show some respect. I am a religous person. I believe in God, i have my own beliefs just like everyone else. I also respect other thoughts on this subject. Everyone is intitled to their beliefs. I believe that in this world today there is more selfish people. Everyone is looking out for number one. Does anyone take the time out to do a good deed for someone? I mean really why do people enjoy making other feel bad. What do you gain from it? Does it make you feel better than the other person because you were rude or hateful. I can tell ya right now that person doesn't know what it is truly like to be spirtiual. Hate is a desease that is destroying this nation. I want you people to think about this. My son came home one day from school and told me that a boy in his class alway looked really tired. When my son asked the boy why he looked tired all the time the boy told him it was because he had to sleep on a cold floor. When my son told me this my first reaction was i have extra bed in the shed. I didn't care what kind of family it was all i could think of was this poor child sleeping on the floor and getting sick. I call the boys mom and asked if he could have the bed. My son and i took the bed to the child. He was so happy that all he could do was thank my son for bring him a bed to sleep on. Help your fellow person instead of attacking. It's great food for the soul.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimberly4748

• IronGhost

• ShadowDancer

• MadMachine

A good deed is its own reward, yes indeed. I agree with every point you make in your post. I'm not much of a believer myself, but that doesn't stop me from considering the feelings of other people. Hate comes from both the religious and non-religious, as does love. I think it is an important thing to note that neither one is of higher morals than the other when it comes down to generalization.

you are very correct in what you said. I think what would keep some people from doing things for other is they view it as their giving a hand out. Some people don't need a hand out they need a hand up. I have friends that are not religious but would still do as i would. My great-grandmother use to tell me there is more hippocites in church than there is out of it. Later in life i had a better understanding of what she was talking about.

Edited by kimberly4748

Whatever happened to love your neighbor. Treat others as you would want to be treated. I signed in that site because i thought that there would be some mature people to have open discussion with. I have read through many forums with disgust. People attacking others verbally. Try this one if you don't have something nice to say (DON'T SAY IT). Have some class and show some respect. I am a religous person. I believe in God, i have my own beliefs just like everyone else. I also respect other thoughts on this subject. Everyone is intitled to their beliefs. I believe that in this world today there is more selfish people. Everyone is looking out for number one. Does anyone take the time out to do a good deed for someone? I mean really why do people enjoy making other feel bad. What do you gain from it? Does it make you feel better than the other person because you were rude or hateful. I can tell ya right now that person doesn't know what it is truly like to be spirtiual. Hate is a desease that is destroying this nation. Help your fellow person instead of attacking. It's great food for the soul.

Amen Sista!

With that being said, I am NOT a religious person but these are morals and principals that I live by. They should be natural in the human conidtion.

Something happened somewhere that made the human become selfish and angry. Fear. People believe in the lies they sell themselves to make them feel better about their wrong-doings, like not caring about our fellow-man. Such as money is more important than consideration and compassion. Such as intolerance of differance is better rather than acceptance.

People have lost the ability to be true to themselves. Therefore, true to others.

I wrote this for anouther thread but feel it fits here well.

The best evidence of the truth is the demonstration of it. It matters very little to others how well you know the scriptures or what denomination you belong to or how well you can preach the gospel. You must walk the talk and live the life in order to inspire others to honestly ask the question “how are you the way you are?”

No amount of lectures or spiritual enlightenment will convince others that you have the answers better than the road you walk, showing the strength of character that you can carry others if they need a lift.

Live your life as a model for others by daily evidence of caring and compassion, self sacrificing and hard work and genuine love, where the only reward is making someone else’s life just a little better than yesterday. Leave your mark on society as a builder of hope and inspiration in such a way that people will know that heaven is a richer place when you leave this world, and this world is richer too because of others that take your place on that road of truth.

Except every thing you have as a gift and be ready and willing to share that gift without hesitation. Remember that out of all the wealth and treasures you gain in your lifetime the only one that goes with you is the knowledge that you made the world a better place than when you arrived and your legacy will be the inspiration you instill in others.

So today, make a difference in someone else’s life and if you are granted one more day, do the same as yesterday.

Jesus himself really told a lot of people off, and in no uncertain terms, didn't he? Or does he get a pass because he was God? Just wondering.

Also, it can be argued that most of the world's worst problems have come about beccause people were not willing to really debate things and hammer things out, sometimes in a rather pitched way, shall we say.

Ever heard of "group think"? It's when no one dares to disagree with each other and the result is all kinds of bad policy, etc.

I find many problems with what Christianity preaches. It seems to be a very "With us or against us" religion.

I must point out, though. One of the high points of Christian beliefs is to "Forgive your enemies."

You Christians sometimes perplex me. But you also give me hope, what little there is left anymore.

My two cents.

Each one of you makes a good point. What we are really saying is you don’t have to be religious. You can be any thing you want to be. Anybody and everybody are capable of showing kindness toward their fellow person. An act of kindness can be anything. If you see an elderly person struggling with grocery, give a helping hand. As for some people not wanting any help. Some people have a lot of pride and look at it as a hand out. Sometime it’s in how you approach them about giving help. Don’t ever let the think you feel sorry for them. Here is a recommended movie to watch Pay it Forward. No it’s not a religious movie, but it is a wonderful movie. It shows how sometime an act of kindness can change people’s lives.

Edited by kimberly4748

I'll say one thing, I like your attitude, Kimberly.

Totally agree, one should always try to live with a spirit of kindness in ones heart, I don't always succeed, sometimes not by far.

I am not religious, but agree that a gentle nature and compassion will heal a world troubled by fear, hatred and bigotry.

Well said Kimberley!!