Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missouri democrats to confiscate firearms

OverSword

From the article:

Here’s part of the Democratic proposal in Missouri:

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine
shall have ninety days
from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1)
Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri
;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3)
Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency
for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/02/missouri-democrats-intruduce-legislation-to-confiscate-firearms-gives-gunowners-90-days-to-turn-in-guns/

Good.. the weapons and large capacity magazine have nothing to do with Hunting or personal security

OH.. and I just love the Redkneck replies in the comments section. Are they all Inbred? Serious question.

Edited by keithisco

Good.. the weapons and large capacity magazine have nothing to do with Hunting or personal security

Depends on how you define personal security.

Are firearms legal in Spain keithisco?

Edited by OverSword

Neither does the second amendment

• Like 6

out of all the states, i'm surprised it is missouri. even new york didn't say nothing about actually remoiving, yet, only regester, but i guess they will soon as well.

that is how it starts, than they will remove the rest, little by little no one will notice.

'

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2nd Amendment is about protecting yourself from a goverment. If a Goverment has fully automatic large magizine guns then the people do need them. lol

So much ignorance from loads of people abotut he 2nd Amendment who think it's about hunting or personal security. I'm British and even I know why they have them.

• Like 6

And if Florida needs help killing giant Anacondas in the Ozarks whos gonna help ?

The Constitution protects property rights mainly through the Fifth

Amendment’s Takings or Just Compensation Clause: ‘‘nor shall private

property be taken for public use without just compensation.’’ There are

two basic ways government can take property: (1) outright, by condemning

the property and taking the title; and (2) through regulations that take

uses, leaving the title with the owner—so-called regulatory takings.

Edited by AsteroidX

Oh yes and Lawyers eyes are lighting up with $ $ at all these proposed Legislative ideas. Lawyers keeping Lawyers wealthy.

• Like 1

Eminent domain.

this close has been used to take over private propertys and give them away gvmnt, or private developer. for so called public use,

gvmnt will find a way to screw yoiu, they make the laws, every laws they make have few backdoor build into it, in case it will be applied to them.

it has been abused in almost every state

http://www.atg.wa.go...omain Abuse.pdf

however i'm not sure guns would fall under that

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Even speaking as someone who thinks assault-style weapons should be banned, grandfathering in clauses about ownership or making you turn in lawfully brought weapons or ammunition clips seems excessive.

• Like 2

Wow, reading some on those comments on there, if the police have to go in armed to remove any of their guns, well, it could get bloody!

Are the police giving their guns in too or just those nice sweet sounding people who live there?

2nd Amendment is about protecting yourself from a goverment. If a Goverment has fully automatic large magizine guns then the people do need them. lol

So much ignorance from loads of people abotut he 2nd Amendment who think it's about hunting or personal security. I'm British and even I know why they have them.

The government also has rocket launchers, grenades, tanks, etc.

• Like 1

Im not sure which part of the Govmnt your refering too. However this would be a State issue and woe would be the day the Federal Govmnt interceded on this State issue.

In Missouri?

yea there too.

tut tut Obama and his army.

Personally, if our bobbies had guns, after seeing a shrink to get over my fear for them, I would want one too. But I would do everything in my power to make sure they never do, even if i have to use your corrupt cops as an example.

Edited by freetoroam

I really like the exclusion of any LEO or affiliated agency in that proposed Bill. Its called paramilitary force ladies and gents. And that IS against the Laws of this country.

• Like 1

Lets not forget the 450 million rounds of hollow point .40 cal mag rounds the DHS is stock piling(for domestic distribution)

Or the military suppling military assault weapons and machines to local law enforment agencys.

Or with NADA all the government has to do is call someone (american citizen) that has a assault style weapon a terrorist and its bye bye (hey where did johhny go?)

• Like 1

So this new law, if it get's past in Missouri, means only ten people can be killed at a time, because of a 10 round limitation? Why 10 and not way lower than that? What about those who do decide to go on a killing ramapage and carry three or more guns (especially hand guns)? It's likely they got two hands. Or if they start duct taping 10 round clips together, or gluing two pistol clips end to end, which any trick like that could equal 20 to 30 rounds alltogether, how does that stop the 10 round kill ratio?

I don't get it. How does this stop mass killings when lots of people know tricks like that to get around the law they're trying to pass?

• Like 1

So this new law, if it get's past in Missouri, means only ten people can be killed at a time, because of a 10 round limitation? Why 10 and not way lower than that? What about those who do decide to go on a killing ramapage and carry three or more guns (especially hand guns)? It's likely they got two hands. Or if they start duct taping 10 round clips together, or gluing two pistol clips end to end, which any trick like that could equal 20 to 30 rounds alltogether, how does that stop the 10 round kill ratio?

I don't get it. How does this stop mass killings when lots of people know tricks like that to get around the law they're trying to pass?

It is a law that won't do anything, but hinder legal gun owners. There are many ways to bypass this, but the 4 seconds to change out clips isn't going to change the amount of damage that can be done. The politicians are just pandering for votes while trampling the constitution in the process, because the populations doesn't know the true meaning and value of the constitution. We are not being taught about it in schools, we are being told it is a aged and relic of the past by the liberal college professors. Our children are being taught to give away our rights and liberties to our government by the people who suppose to teach them otherwise. There should be a law to make it unconstitutional for this to happen, it is manipulation on the highest level that betrays everything that this country is suppose to stand for. I stood up to a professor who was trying to teach me this, in front of the whole class, explaining why it is important to me and why it should be important to everyone the class room. I got thrown out of the college and pretty much shunned by other colleges. Because of this type of teaching, I personally felt the effect of being denied my rights by the liberals. So you can go on and on how the constitution is a age relic of the past, but if it was enshrined and practiced, I wouldn't have to stand up for it and have my ability to better myself taken away by a professor with a liberal agenda.

As for this unconstitutional law being passed by the politicians in Missouri, it should be fought with every ounce of dialog till every avenue is exhausted. If it is passed against the wishes of the people of the state, then they should stand up and say no more, by practicing their right to remove tyrants from office either by impeachment or by force if necessary to ensure the freedom of the people and the state.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

Yeah so people should have those things too.

TANKS FOR EVERYONE!

Edited by Coffey