Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampirism

LucidElement

Im listining to coast to coast (radio show, about paranormal) and tonight they had a guest on who claims hes a real life vampire. Its interesting to hear him speak and the things he does to keep his "energy level up" such as drink blood. He wrote a book dealing with some things about his life, and how to live the life of a vampire. Check it out... http://www.curledup.com/fgtvamps.htm .......... its just a summary of the book and a bit about his life.. but its interesting to read.. let me know what you guys think about the whole being a modern-day vampire.

I don't get this "modern vampyre" thing, since it has nothing to do with the original vampyre myths. The way they act and dress has more in common with the modern day vampire mythology, like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I do recognize the allure of vampires, like their overt sexuality, their mind-control over others, and the fact that they never age. I guess this is just another way for people to act out their fantasies or to belong to a unique group that separates them from "normal" folks.

Edited by H.H. Holmes

HH

Claiming to be a real day vamp has nothing to do with sexuality or not aging, almost all of them know or believe that they age, and their sexuality is their own preference. Now each proclaimed 'vamp' is diff than others some are the sterotypical with the fangs..others are your everyday soccer mommies with three kids. So, depends really on the person, but yes I know what you speak of.

Ah, I get it, the dude is "a Vampire" in the same way that a girl at a comic expo in a papier-mache gold bikini is "Princess Leia".

A super serious goth, in other words. I imagine he would look a bit like Tommy Wiseau. Except with blacker clothes. Probably sound like him too.

Shame they aren''t real, as in the "walking dead". It would certainly add much to the social scene around D.C. and make darn good reporting for the 6 o'clock news.

I do recognize the allure of vampires, like their overt sexuality....

I guess I'm just old-fashioned, but I can think of things one heck of a lot sexier than some girl wanting to drink my blood.

• Like 1

I don't get this "modern vampyre" thing, since it has nothing to do with the original vampyre myths. The way they act and dress has more in common with the modern day vampire mythology, like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I do recognize the allure of vampires, like their overt sexuality, their mind-control over others, and the fact that they never age. I guess this is just another way for people to act out their fantasies or to belong to a unique group that separates them from "normal" folks.

People tend to forget the old vamp stories from various cultures. Guess violent ghouls coming for revenge, eating your nose, or causing you horrible illnesses isn't very sexy and doesn't sell tickets/books.

note: girls like sparkles....and unicorns....so the next Twitlight movie should have sparkly vampiric unicorns that can take the shape of members of the Jonas Brothers in order to appeal to their audience.)

• Like 2

I read an interesting book once called "Piercing the Darkness" by Ann Ramsland (Anne Rice's biographer) that was quite interesting. She traveled around the world meeting 'vampires' of different sorts. There really are a lot of different types, from dress-up goths and RPers to psychopaths w/ blood fetishes.

People tend to forget the old vamp stories from various cultures. Guess violent ghouls coming for revenge, eating your nose, or causing you horrible illnesses isn't very sexy and doesn't sell tickets/books.

note: girls like sparkles....and unicorns....so the next Twitlight movie should have sparkly vampiric unicorns that can take the shape of members of the Jonas Brothers in order to appeal to their audience.)

Uggh... Don't even get me started on the Twilight movies.

Uggh... Don't even get me started on the Twilight movies.

Don't want to get it started, just want it to end and be forgotten.

Modern day vamps are like modern day fairies... Most people have forgotten the older lore in favor of the more appealing lore handed to us by story tellers.

Fairies didn't used to be adorable cherubs and sexy scantly clad women with wings for the most part. They were scary and usually harmful to the humans coming across them. Vampires didn't used to be sexy and good natured enough to live side by side with their dinner. They were demons and corpses that wouldn't stay in the ground.

The older lore isn't sexy or cool, or even remotely appealing (from most points of view). IMO, modern vampirism directly equals cannibalism, regardless of the form since it's one human consuming something of another human, ick. Since most of it is made up from some books, it's delusional ick.

But in a day and age where people don't feel pretty enough, sexy enough, strong or powerful enough, whatever... I can see why it's so appealing to try to be something that is supposed to be all those things. Modern day vamps usually leave out the death and undead requirement though, lmao.

And lol, I don't have anything against sparkly Twilight vamps- just the way the author decided to write her fiction. Just like Stoker and Rice decided to write their vamps in their fictional style. I don't think it will last much beyond the current popularity trend.... It's just too much of a pain in the ass to get glitter out of your clothing all the time, lmao!

• Like 2

Great post, Rashore.

Another class of beings that have been transformed into harmless creatures are the Jinn, or genies. Ever since Alladin came along, people have thought of genies as benevolent, harmless beings waiting for someone to give them three wishes, so they can be set free of bondage. True genies, or jinn, on the other hand, could be friendly or evil based on their personality. Just like humans, the jinn have a choice whether to do good or bad with their powers. Also, there is nothing that can equated to the "three wishes" thing that Alladin first introduced.

Edited by H.H. Holmes
  • Like 1

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life. However, I find the possibility of vampires existing to be absolutely ridiculous. If you drink blood because you think it keeps you alive, not only are you cannibalistic, but you are also delusional and need to be placed in a mental institution. :sleepy:

• Like 2

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life.

Source?

• Like 1

Drinking blood doesn't make one crazy, it is considered cannablistic bc of the blood ,though is far from MOST cannibalistic acts which involved violence and ripping apart and eating ones flesh. I think there is a huge difference from someone hunting someone down ripping them open eating their organs, all done with force and unwillingly, compare to a person who drinks a small amount of blood from a willing consenting person, in which little or no pain is involved.

Drinking blood doesn't make one crazy, it is considered cannablistic bc of the blood ,though is far from MOST cannibalistic acts which involved violence and ripping apart and eating ones flesh. I think there is a huge difference from someone hunting someone down ripping them open eating their organs, all done with force and unwillingly, compare to a person who drinks a small amount of blood from a willing consenting person, in which little or no pain is involved.

Which, with all do respect, is not Vampirism. It's a lifestyle choice.

• Like 1

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life.

It has?

A link to the study, or at least a summary for further reading would be great, cheers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Read this book: - "The Science of Vampires" by Katherine Ramsland :)

edit: There is a science behind "blood" vampires. The book will give you all the info you want. You can probably get it on Amazon.

Edited by Disembodied Voice

VAMPIRES DO EXIST !!!!!!!

in movies though

sorry but i think people who claim they are vampire lack

social life ... it's the lack of advanture and interesting events

in their life and they seek attention like they are different

from people which is not true

there's nothing wrong with being normal actually

Which, with all do respect, is not Vampirism. It's a lifestyle choice.

and is still cannibalistic.

• Like 1

and is still cannibalistic.

Many of you don't understand the desire that blood infuses in a certain population.

Let's say you crave steak. Not a big deal, since its not frowned upon in the general population. It's a big craving, and you would do anything to whet this desire. Or is it not this strong? Surely you could find some other source to fulfill your hunger needs.

But what if you couldn't, and that desire had to remain with you, knawing at you constantly? And nothing but steak could fulfill it? Or in this case blood...

It might be taboo, but we don't see mortal blood drinkers running around killing people for blood. They look for donors. Have some respect.

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life. However, I find the possibility of vampires existing to be absolutely ridiculous. If you drink blood because you think it keeps you alive, not only are you cannibalistic, but you are also delusional and need to be placed in a mental institution. :sleepy:

Actually it has not been scientifically proven

maybe there has been a study with very inflammed results. Drinking blood has alot of variables to it which are proven and not proven.

such as, if the blood has a disease in it, then the blood drinker can not only get sick but can die from it.

Now some religions (not mainstream but cults and secret societies) think that drinking blood can enlighten yu and give yu the ones knowledge and experiences. which of course sounds crazy.

im sure everyone knows who the vampire legends start from Dracula who is really Vlad the Impaler

"Vlad the Impaler did not resemble the stereotypical Dracula character we think of today. Having lived from 1431 to 1476, Vlad the Impaler was a ruler of Wallachia, a region of Romania. Vlad the Impaler was also known as Vlad III and Vlad Tepes. He was a prince known for his cruelty and propensity to impale anyone who got in his way"

he was a cruel man who beheaded many people and had their heads impaled on a steak his castle was surrounded by impaled bodies and heads.

The blood drinking came from when he would eat he would eat around the bodies dipping his bread or w.e into the blood.

Modern day vampires often put themselves in a world where they are these "vampires" who believe if they dont drink blood they feel weak so much to the point it actually happens. others do it for attention others do it to show their dark side. but in any way being a vampire is just a phase or mental state people go through.

also some people dont call themselves vampires but "radikas"

• Like 1

Many of you don't understand the desire that blood infuses in a certain population.

Let's say you crave steak. Not a big deal, since its not frowned upon in the general population. It's a big craving, and you would do anything to whet this desire. Or is it not this strong? Surely you could find some other source to fulfill your hunger needs.

But what if you couldn't, and that desire had to remain with you, knawing at you constantly? And nothing but steak could fulfill it? Or in this case blood...

It might be taboo, but we don't see mortal blood drinkers running around killing people for blood. They look for donors. Have some respect.

Just because you're obsessed with something doesn't mean other people have to respect that. Nor does someone finding a donor negate the fact the eating or drinking of flesh or blood of your own species is cannabalism. It just is. Just because you find the term cannibal taboo, doesn't mean people can't use the term. Have some respect.

• Like 3