Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

HTC ONE vs Galaxy S 4

smart phones

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#46    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 June 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I don't see the big deal about the iPhone . It's more expensive . The whole being locked out thing is unreal . They don't have insurance plans .
Fail
I wouldn't own an iphone.  I have much better things to spend $700 on.  What bugs me is the people who come in for the Apple accessories and complain about the price.  They are the ones who chose to buy one without looking at the extra costs, not me. It's not my fault they got soaked by Apple.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#47    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 10 June 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I wouldn't own an iphone.  I have much better things to spend $700 on.  What bugs me is the people who come in for the Apple accessories and complain about the price.  They are the ones who chose to buy one without looking at the extra costs, not me. It's not my fault they got soaked by Apple.

I had someone come in looking for the power adapter to plug into the wall at the place I work at. They had an iPhone and decided to grab the Apple power adapter, a whole $32... All it is is a power adapter with a USB port on it. You can buy a huge powerboard with normal plugs and USB ports for less. Or you could just jump on eBay and spend two dollars or so on a USB power adapter. All these people getting sucked in to the allure of Apple and their overpriced products...

#48    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

self delusion also comes with a delusional price tag I guess ... with Steve gone ... I wonder who is the next Prophet of self aggrandizing delusional existence ...

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#49    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:26 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 10 June 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

self delusion also comes with a delusional price tag I guess ... with Steve gone ... I wonder who is the next Prophet of self aggrandizing delusional existence ...

~

I don't think you can replace Steve. The guy was nuts. Every second of his breathing day revolved around the company for him. The share prices are reflecting where Apple is heading. And it's down.

More and more people are realising their practises and methods. I've even had old people (not being agist here, wait for it ;) ) who aren't the most tech savvy know about how Apple lock you into their products. Every one of them who walks through the door asking about an iPad or iPhone. Though we don't even stock them. I always let them know about Apple business practises.

#50    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 11 June 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

I don't think you can replace Steve. The guy was nuts. Every second of his breathing day revolved around the company for him. The share prices are reflecting where Apple is heading. And it's down.

More and more people are realising their practises and methods. I've even had old people (not being agist here, wait for it ;) ) who aren't the most tech savvy know about how Apple lock you into their products. Every one of them who walks through the door asking about an iPad or iPhone. Though we don't even stock them. I always let them know about Apple business practises.
Me, too!  Once the package is open, we can't touch the product if it is faulty (except iphones)  because Apple will not reimburse us for faulty products.  They want to deal with them.

And now, after the HUGE success of the Samsung Galaxy Ace II x, they are bringing out iphone minis.  Should be interesting to see how those go over.

#51    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:17 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 11 June 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Me, too!  Once the package is open, we can't touch the product if it is faulty (except iphones)  because Apple will not reimburse us for faulty products.  They want to deal with them.

And now, after the HUGE success of the Samsung Galaxy Ace II x, they are bringing out iphone minis.  Should be interesting to see how those go over.

Apple have enough money as it is!

It is great to see Samsung doing well against Apple.

#52    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

I am not holding my breath for the minis ... the telcos here have a package plan for choices of apple to samsung and samsung success is ten to one ... conservatively speaking ... because we don't count the non satisfaction 30 days return policy ...

but the iPads are doing well here still ... the kids love them ... well since they are not the ones paying ... :lol:

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#53    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 June 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

I am not holding my breath for the minis ... the telcos here have a package plan for choices of apple to samsung and samsung success is ten to one ... conservatively speaking ... because we don't count the non satisfaction 30 days return policy ...

but the iPads are doing well here still ... the kids love them ... well since they are not the ones paying ... :lol:

~
I think the minis are a desperate move by a desperate company.  But, that is just my opinion.  Lol.

#54    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 11 June 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I think the minis are a desperate move by a desperate company.  But, that is just my opinion.  Lol.

now that you mention it ... I don't believe I've seen one off the shelf .... at least I don't see any of my friends or people I've met using one ... never occur to me before

ahhh ... how far the rot has come .... :lol:

~

'

#55    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 11 June 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

now that you mention it ... I don't believe I've seen one off the shelf .... at least I don't see any of my friends or people I've met using one ... never occur to me before

ahhh ... how far the rot has come .... :lol:

~

I haven't even heard of them until they were mentioned here.

Apple make things bigger or smaller and call it innovation. Or just use their marketing ability to claim "I'm first" on something that already existed long before. Face palmed at their presentation at the WorldWide Developers Conference.

#56    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 12 June 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

I haven't even heard of them until they were mentioned here.

Apple make things bigger or smaller and call it innovation. Or just use their marketing ability to claim "I'm first" on something that already existed long before. Face palmed at their presentation at the WorldWide Developers Conference.

It's kinda the same tactic IBM used to have isn't it ?
'clones' or whats the term they use .... apple like devices ? :lol:

Over here in the east we have been using the 'touch' interface for chinese characters input way back even before mobile phones were 16k colors I believe
:face palm: is right ... :lol:

~

'

#57    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Posted Image

hmmmm .... a word please Mr Gates //

Posted Image

uhmmm ... yeah I guess so ...

~

'

#58    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,103 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

I finally got my new S4... I love this thing. I may be a bit biased though considering that I upgraded from the original Motorola Droid to this. That's kinda like going from from an old 386 processor to an i7 processor. ;-)

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#59    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 23 June 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

I finally got my new S4... I love this thing. I may be a bit biased though considering that I upgraded from the original Motorola Droid to this. That's kinda like going from from an old 386 processor to an i7 processor. ;-)

nahhhh ... even i7s ' inside ' are not immune ....

Posted Image

`

'

#60    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,573 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

has anyone got any thoughts on Samsung's Galaxy S4 Zoom, which has a slightly different spec to the S4, a bit less processing power, screen is not 1080p but on the plus side it packs a 16Mp camera. for looks and style it looses style compared to the S4, but what you gain is one of the best camera phones out there?. am about to get a new phone, i've always be a fan of substance over style and im in the market for a smartphone with a great camera. im not sure if the Zoom is it? hence why im asking on here to see if anyone else has a view on the phone and its abilities.

out next month July here in the UK.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

Also tagged with smart phones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users