Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexit campaign employs EU migrants to rally

questionmark

The Ukip-backed campaign to pull Britain out of the EU has recruited EU migrants to staff its call centre despite telling voters such low-skilled workers “deprive British citizens of jobs”.

Leave.EU employs four phone bank staff from EU countries including Slovakia. Their job is to rally voters across the UK to back Brexit. The appointments come despite Leave.EU claiming that “as the world’s fifth biggest economy, the UK is well placed to supply its own labour”.

Arron Banks, the campaign’s major donor who oversees the call centre operation from his Bristol offices, has told the Guardian: “I don’t feel any affinity towards French, Germans and Spaniards. I’d much rather deal with my own kith and kin.”

Read more

Well...lol!

• Like 1

Nobody in the Brexit campaign wants to completely end immigration - they all want immigration to be controlled by a sovereign UK govt that is answerable to the electorate.

Another point to be made is whether Rudolph Svat is in a low - skilled role - I would suggest that being multi-lingual is a highly prized skill in any organisation, especially one involved in sales and marketing

• Like 2

It's a typically bogus tactic of the pro-EU brigade to portray those supporting leaving the EU as some kind of xenophobes who want "Johny foreigner" off their land. That just isn't true.

It's about maintaining sovereignty and control of our own borders from this crazy EU free-for-all, and making sure that anyone who does migrate here is giving as much to the nation as they are taking.

From the article, in Svat's own words:

"Svat said that his time on the campaign had left him supporting the end of Britain’s EU membership.

“There will be bigger controls and borders but that’s not a bad thing,” he said. “I see people from my own country who come here and are not working and I think it is not correct.”"

• Like 1

Questionmark misses the point time and time again.

Get this questionmark, do you know when the UK votes to Leave and we finally free ourselves from the EU, We'll regain our border controls, once we put a points based system in place like the 96% of countries in this world who operate such a system. people from Europe will still be moving here to live and work, a shock i know.

in 1997 immigration to the UK was 49,000net per year. It now stands at 320,000 per year. That is far too many in to short of time. how did the UK survive pre 1998. when immigration was consistently below 100,000 a year?

On leaving will the UK still trade with the EU & World, YES, Will immigration from the EU and the rest of the world still happen, YES. Will Britain remain that outwardly looking globalised country ready, and continuing to trade with the Global economy, playing its role on the world stage unhindered by the Political corpse that is the European Union. YES.

(I know LV has already quoted but)

Its funny from your linked piece, the whole article is based around the employment of a Slovakian chap by the name of Rudolph Svat, His views on our EU membership. -'Svat said that his time on the campaign had left him supporting the end of Britain’s EU membership, There will be bigger controls and borders but that’s not a bad thing,” he said. “I see people from my own country who come here and are not working and I think it is not correct.

Do you know something else, If the Leave campaign only employed white British, The Guardian would be painting the leave campaign as racist. and worse you'd most probably post the article.

The REMAIN campaign have completely lost the argument on all fronts. there is nothing the UK couldn't do on its own outside the EU, it just shows the whole Political body of the EU is not needed.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

When the referendum was announced I really thought there was zero chance of the UK leaving the EU and my posts support this.

I now truly believe a small Brexit pro vote will prevail. Whether this will lead to a Brexit is yet to come. All I know is the most hard line EU supporters I know are destroyed by the non-progress made by Cameron sold as a supposed victory.

The UK isn't Greece, Portugal or Spain, it doesn't need a rescue package.

The EU under Merkels leadership has asked the UK to call their bluff, looking at the UK's defiance in history this could be interesting.

• Like 1