Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tony Blair briefed on alien defence policy

The former Prime Minister received a full MoD briefing after expressing concerns over UFO disclosure.

The advice was requested by Number 10 in 1998 as the government introduced the Freedom of Information Act, allowing members of the public to seek details about "alien lifeforms".

arrow3.gifRead more...

Its an interesting article, I like the use of the phrase 'keep an open mind' but it doubt it is little more than a safety net.

For those hoping their governmets are going to reveal to them details about, UFO's, the military, child sex rings, terror events and alledged conspiracies the last paragraph of the article sums it all up and dashes your hopes in one...

In his memoirs, Tony Blair described the Freedom of Information Act as one of his greatest mistakes while in office, calling it “utterly undermining of sensible government".

For those hoping their governmets are going to reveal to them details about, UFO's, the military, child sex rings, terror events and alledged conspiracies the last paragraph of the article sums it all up and dashes your hopes in one...

Funny you should mention that, me and my housemate always watch documentaries together and this one was next on our list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YSqt2W1LmRA

Anyway posting it so others can watch if they want and if anyone wants to tell me it's BS and nto worth watching or good and it's worth watching please feel free to, as I said I haven't seen it yet.

Edited by Coffey

Funny you should mention that, me and my housemate always watch documentaries together and this one was next on our list:

Anyway posting it so others can watch if they want and if anyone wants to tell me it's BS and nto worth watching or good and it's worth watching please feel free to, as I said I haven't seen it yet.

I have looked into similar claims recently, but it is such a difficult subject to talk about. We can all sit here and discuss other claims (9/11 for example) and if you disagree with an opinion or evidence the odd insult will fly around now and then, however if you challenge a claim of child sex abuse you can be vilified (sometimes regardless of the evidence). I have not watched the video you have posted, and do not have enough knowledge or research to make a confident statement either way but much like a 'Conspiracy' thread it is something I may read but avoid commenting on. But I will say this subject will lead to 1.000's of "that's disgusting, kill them all" posts with only 100 people actually following up and researching the claims. It reminds me of the Brass Eye (I think that's what it was called) series that aired an episode on paedophilia a while ago in the UK. Absolutely slated by the general public, most of which had not even watched it.

Any way I have taken this far enough off-topic...

Back to the UFO's?

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Its an interesting article, I like the use of the phrase 'keep an open mind' but it doubt it is little more than a safety net.

i'm sorry, Tony B Liar and Sensible government?

* And no, Tony, it wasn't your greatest mistake while in office, not by a long way.

Blair, lmao.

at least they've got an open mind

i'm sorry, Tony B Liar and Sensible government?

Tony BS maybe? Even liars in government should have a grasp of what 'sensible government' is, they just chose not to follow it, then mention it in hindsight.

* And no, Tony, it wasn't your greatest mistake while in office, not by a long way.

I will pass on your message when I see him next... :tu:

Having the open mind is good as long as one closes the door and not let all the bats out !

:clap:

Having the open mind is good as long as one closes the door and not let all the bats out !

:clap:

Don't let the moths out either...

Am I the only one who stares at Blair's ears in awe and wonder?

How did they get so big?

How did they get so big?

Maybe the same way the gob on that wide mouthed frog of his got so big :)

Maybe the same way the gob on that wide mouthed frog of his got so big :)

Hehehe.

i don't know about Britain, but in the U.S. it is definitely not the case that “there is no Government sponsored research into the UFO phenomena and there are no plans to initiate such work”. The UFO study in the U.S. was very large scale and the most highly classified subject in the government, going back to the 1940s, although I do not know how much of this has been shared with other countries.

Even at that lecture on UFOs I was invited to in the military, I think everyone there was from the U.S., but it did give me some hint about the real scope of the UFO investigation. That's why I know that certain UFO cases were really thought to be ET manifestations, or at least something completely unexplained and inexplicable.

To me, the "open minded" response is just as good as going "Yeah, they're real". The thing is, who is allowed to know such information? If the Prime Minister of a world super power isn't fully informed, then you have to ask, who is?

I mean, every person who knows about aliens or whatever will eventually die of old age or whatever, the information has to be passed on, but who is it passed on to?

Interesting nontheless, I do remember that British guy who hacked the Pentagon and American defence network in his search for proof of aliens.... He said he got loads of information but he never had the chance to go through it all before he was arrested. I'm sure if he can do it (a guy with mental health problems) then other people can.... which then pass on....

Oh well... Maybe USA or "Leaders of the World" as they are also known, will release a full disclosure on the matter.

How did they get so big?

There are much bigger ears in Britain which put Tony's to shame! Plenty of media coverage too...

That caught my eye, too. (Tony Blair calling the Freedom of Information Act the worst mistake of his career)

very surprising

i don't know about Britain, but in the U.S. it is definitely not the case that “there is no Government sponsored research into the UFO phenomena and there are no plans to initiate such work”. The UFO study in the U.S. was very large scale and the most highly classified subject in the government, going back to the 1940s, although I do not know how much of this has been shared with other countries.

Even at that lecture on UFOs I was invited to in the military, I think everyone there was from the U.S., but it did give me some hint about the real scope of the UFO investigation. That's why I know that certain UFO cases were really thought to be ET manifestations, or at least something completely unexplained and inexplicable.

I don't know if this answers the question, MacGuffin but...

Back in the days of the Belgian UFO wave (I suggest looking it up if you don't know of it), the US sent an investigative team to Belgium to poke and prod and generally find out what they could.

the Belgian army officer that they spoke to said that he would supply answers to as many questions as he could to the Americans, but when he asked questions of them,,, they simply would not answer. So the information exchange - as it were,, ended abruptly.

Just what I would expect. They suck it all in, and give nothing out.

That caught my eye, too. (Tony Blair calling the Freedom of Information Act the worst mistake of his career)

very surprising

Naivety followed by regret...

To me, the "open minded" response is just as good as going "Yeah, they're real". The thing is, who is allowed to know such information? If the Prime Minister of a world super power isn't fully informed, then you have to ask, who is?

I mean, every person who knows about aliens or whatever will eventually die of old age or whatever, the information has to be passed on, but who is it passed on to?

Interesting nontheless, I do remember that British guy who hacked the Pentagon and American defence network in his search for proof of aliens.... He said he got loads of information but he never had the chance to go through it all before he was arrested. I'm sure if he can do it (a guy with mental health problems) then other people can.... which then pass on....

Oh well... Maybe USA or "Leaders of the World" as they are also known, will release a full disclosure on the matter.

A most excellent question, then WHO is to be informed, if not the leader of a country.

I saw a program on the US Roswell incident. Newspapers were writing it up a lot, it was a sensational story.

The sitting US president was Truman (?? or Eisenhower??) who wanted to know what this "flying saucer" was being stored at Wright Patterson AFB. He knew the General in charge well.

So Truman called the base, and asked the general to brief him on what it was he had stored at the base.

The President was then told: "Sir, you do not have proper clearance"

I mean really?!?!

then who gives the president "clearance", some hidden Cabal somewhere??

strange stuff

EDIT: Just to help blow up the dilemma here,, both the Senate and House have their respective Select Intelligence Committees that regularly sit with military and intelligence people to keep some of the members of congress informed. And obviously the President SHOULD be able to call on any of these members - preferably one from his own party, and find OUT what is going on himself. It would SEEM, anyway.

But that just did not seem to be the case here. Otherwise the General would have known he could be circumvented and so he would just give the President the information directly.

So WHO gives out this clearance, and why can't the President PRESIDE over that person and get clearance?

In other words, who the hell runs the country? who is OVER the President?

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

@Earl.Of.Trumps your name is to long imo ;)

And yours is lacking in vowels my friend. ;)

• Like 1

his head got smaller so his ears look bigger lol

his head got smaller so his ears look bigger lol

Yes the morality part of his brain has shrunk out of existance.

The strange gaze in the eyes, the weird look on his face, the guy is a nut.

.....He concluded by saying that "there is no Government sponsored research into the UFO phenomena and there are no plans to initiate such work."

Yeah, right. Virtually every country has had incidents where unidentified aircraft have breached air defenses, including Britain. And Blair expects people to believe that there is nothing sponsored by the government monitoring it? It's laughable. How stupid does he think people are?