Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Lawmakers/Aides try to get out of Obamacare

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#241    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,697 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

This delay will give Employers an extra year till they have to fire enough people to get below that 50 employee mark.

Read in an article that this 50 employee mandate for insurance will likely cause small companies to retard growth when they reach 45 to 50 people on the payroll. Overall ecomonic growth may suffer as a result. And small business is a significant percentage of individual wages (and therefore taxes) and a smaller but relevant percentage of corporate wages/taxes.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#242    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostF3SS, on 03 July 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

From a liberal pov and from the sales pitches cast upon it this is absolutely supposed to be because the government does care and they are making the right move towards a healthier and more productive society. And why would you as a liberal support a bill that is simply all about making insurance companies richer?

Lastly, it's not a bill. It's been the law of land for YEARS now.

But I wanted what the brits have. Medicare for all.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#243    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostMerc14, on 03 July 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Love to hear how keeping such wonderful legislation from taking effect

It's just one part of it. Not the whole thing. It's debatable as to whether it's a "key" or major part it.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#244    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostYamato, on 03 July 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

If Obamacare was so great we wouldn't be seeing people trying to exempt themselves,

Sure you would. The entire GOP is out to stop it. Mostly because frankly they don't understand it. Change is hard for Gopasaurs

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#245    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 July 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

and is telling everyone how Obamacare is going to Ruin him

How exactly? because he has to buy insurance?

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#246    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostKowalski, on 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

I talked to a friend of mine today, whose also worried sick about Obamacare. The plain, and simple truth is most people just can't afford health insurance. T

seriously?! worried sick? what crap is your friend listening to? the blaze? The plain and simple truth is that insurance rates are allowed to go wild in the current with no competition. By making them compete in exchanges against each other we will NOW have a market based system that is regulated apples to apples.  Well except in Texas where the FEDERAL government will setup and control the exchange.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#247    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 July 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

It's just one part of it. Not the whole thing. It's debatable as to whether it's a "key" or major part it.
]\
Really?  Then why did the administration do it if it is a nothing event and it is vital to the finances of this monstrosity and it is so please do not try and minimize it?   BTW one and all, this is perfectly legal as it is in the language of the bill that the regime, I mean administration, can determine when this takes effect.  There is only one reason all these things are geared to the election cycle no matter what NN says.

Listen one and all, it doesn't matter since the outcome has always been collapse of the system to attain single payer, the dems just don't want to lose the house and Senate in 14 as they are making too much money.  This is the most corrupt and inept government in the history of the country and your kids will be paying for it.

Edited by Merc14, 04 July 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#248    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postninjadude, on 04 July 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

seriously?! worried sick? what crap is your friend listening to? the blaze? The plain and simple truth is that insurance rates are allowed to go wild in the current with no competition. By making them compete in exchanges against each other we will NOW have a market based system that is regulated apples to apples.  Well except in Texas where the FEDERAL government will setup and control the exchange.

Listening to every single business magazine and financial adviser in the country and teh many democrats quitting to escape the wrath of their constituents.  What the hell are you listening to, the DNC that keeps putting this thing off?   Doesn't that ring any bells in that dome of yours?

#249    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,697 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:38 AM

View Postninjadude, on 04 July 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

I'm not sure. He seems to buy into whatever propoganda that strikes him at the time. Maybe he is the perfect representation of the average American? Unthinking and just repeating what he saw on Hannity and O'Reilly.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#250    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

View Postninjadude, on 04 July 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

I thought everyone was getting free healthcare? LMFAO  Reality sucks and it is setting in now.

Edited by Merc14, 04 July 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#251    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostMerc14, on 04 July 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

and it is vital to the finances

It's not. Again you've been listening to propaganda.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#252    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostMerc14, on 04 July 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

Listening to every single conservative and backward thinking business magazine and financial adviser in the country

There. I fixed that for you.

Edited by ninjadude, 04 July 2013 - 11:14 PM.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#253    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostMerc14, on 04 July 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

I thought everyone was getting free healthcare?

Then AGAIN, you are completely wrong and do not understand the ACA.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#254    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,926 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

View Postninjadude, on 03 July 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Sure you would. The entire GOP is out to stop it. Mostly because frankly they don't understand it. Change is hard for Gopasaurs
Whoa there Guantanamo!   I'm talking about private citizens in organizations who have the option of actually using Obamacare not GOP officials who have Cadillac insurance already.  And you democrats are exactly as intolerant of republican's change as they are of yours.   But if you're referring to GOP voters, all republicans do is rant and rage about social security and food stamps, yet show me the republicans who refuse to deposit social security checks the moment they qualify for them.   The same goes for every other democrat program.  The same goes for democrats.   The same goes with every policy the democrat-beloved George W. Bush started in 2001-2008.  They bilk with the best of 'em to get their "fair" share.  

You and Merc have so much more to agree on than not.   Life is too short for fussing and fighting my friend.  You two should hold hands and go to Washington DC together.   Something there for everyone with the big credit card in Uncle Sam's pants.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#255    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,406 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

View Postninjadude, on 04 July 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Then AGAIN, you are completely wrong and do not understand the ACA.

It's wonderful NNs, that is why your party keeps putting it off till they get to steal a few more million with another election.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users