Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream Expedition

tvotr12

I saw a blog with a post titled: Dream Vacation: 6 Cryptid Hot Spots. The poster maps out their route and what they would look for if they had the means to do so. Each cryptid is linked to its specific Wikipedia page.

I like this forum because people are able to dig deeper than Wikipedia. What would you look for? Where would you go? Let's hear your dream expedition.

I would love to travel to Congo around the area of Lake Tele, who knows what could be there...

My dream cryptid expedition would have to involve an excuse to sail the world and dive.

So Mermaids it is.

--Ocean-going sailboat

--All the latest equipment

--A marine biology crew (they won't know we are mermaid hunting :no:)

--A companion boat with one of the few deepest water submersibles

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I'd rather find something than nothing. You can trawl loch ness forever all you will find is fish.

Congo you might find something, likely not a dinosaur. I'd go looking on the unexplored, hard to reach table mountains in s.america. Probably won't find dinosaurs or ape men but a plethora of new lizards, frogs, insects, plants, birds.

More worthwhile that way. On lost land of the jaguar they saw prints of an unknown mustelid in guyana so there are things out there. If you stumble across a pteradactyl or ape man what an amazing discovery but if you didn't your not coming back with a t shirt saying 'I went looking for dinosaurs and all I got was lousy elephantiasis'.

I would look for Tailormaneinafog, because when I found him Id know I was in Fantasyland.

I would look for Tailormaneinafog, because when I found him Id know I was in Fantasyland.

CORRECTION he is a hythrax! (sp?)

Edited by thewatchman7

My dream expedition would be a Bigfoot search in remote southeast Alaska or the Mogollon Rim.

IN Alaska I would use an Argo to haul two week's worth of supplies to the most remote locale with the most recent sightings. I would set up basecamp (with well hidden camera traps at equal intervals surrounding the camp) and spend a couple of days scouting the area , looking for signs and good game trails. I would then set up a tree stand at a game trail crossroads and spend a full 48 hours perched there - as silent as possible no calls , scents or shiny objects. After that I would sit around the campfire for the next couple of days taking bong hits and waiting to see what might show up!

As for the Mogollon Rim : http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227380

Great topic BTW!

My dream expedition would be a Bigfoot search in remote southeast Alaska or the Mogollon Rim.

IN Alaska I would use an Argo to haul two week's worth of supplies to the most remote locale with the most recent sightings. I would set up basecamp (with well hidden camera traps at equal intervals surrounding the camp) and spend a couple of days scouting the area , looking for signs and good game trails. I would then set up a tree stand at a game trail crossroads and spend a full 48 hours perched there - as silent as possible no calls , scents or shiny objects. After that I would sit around the campfire for the next couple of days taking bong hits and waiting to see what might show up!

As for the Mogollon Rim : http://www.unexplain...howtopic=227380

Great topic BTW!

bolding is mine, QC

Clever, Farmer77, mellow the big guy out... then take pictures, pull out some hairs, stick him and collect some blood. All while Bf's sitting back... with a big sh'eating grin... whispering "Hey dude, whatcha' doin' to me man?" (in bigfoot, not sure how that would sound)

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I would love to explore at will and unfettered by the Saudi Authority the site believed to be the place were Moses and Israel camped in the Sinai Peninsula. Westerners, Jews, and non Muslim Institutions are forbidden access to the site that is patrolled with armed guards.

• Like 1