Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV news is so savage I don't watch it now

Kpak

I hardly watch TV news any more because it is so violent and depressing.

Just when I have almost accepted the existence of God, then something terrible happens.

Then the cycle starts again of me trying to convince myself again.

I have a hard time handling the killing and murder that goes on in the world.

• Like 2

God can exist with freewill. Remember God does not manufacture misery and murder and crime and hatred and genocide and high taxes and cruelty...humans do.

We do it for each other.

Oh the joys of being a social animal species.

• Like 1

Broadcast news is a parasite in my experience. It doesn't educate, enlighten, nor inform. It plays to fears so that it may sell you the cure at the commercial break. I haven't watched that, nor any broadcast tv for around three years. Best decision ever.

• Like 5

Bubblykiss and quiXilver are spot on in their posts. I have not watched TV or owned a TV in years and do not miss it one bit. The net provides me with whatever I want and when I want it. If I do not want news etc then I do not search for it. Its a wonderful freedom to experience .

• Like 1

The only commercials we hear now is when I have the radio on in the car, which is rare. My son usually starts talking over the commercials if he's paying attention (he's 8): "blah blah blah, buy my stuff, I want your money for my silly stuff, cuz I want moneymoneymoney" He cracks me up.

• Like 2

here is how I hear the news, when I bother to let it in...

• Like 1

Yes, there is a lot of bad stuff happening all around the globe BUT if this is all you choose to see then this is all you will find too.

I don't watch the televised news as it is all slanted and contrived so the most I watch are animations or the SyFy channel.

Even the internet news sites are unreliable so I just visit what I want and ignore the rest; I actually manage to find nice things to read or watch. You just have to make an effort to look for it and you will find it it too.

what you seek you will find... you'll see it everywhere... does this make it significant?

• Like 1

what you seek you will find... you'll see it everywhere... does this make it significant?

Only in the eyes of the beholder man.

I , like you and a few others, simply choose to find something more constructive to do with my free time. Could be time with my lady, searching for new music, anything really.

I'm really thankful you posted this. It brought up the reasons I stopped watching tv in general. I still do watch a bit, but I'm very choosy. A conscious shopper.

When I really realized how deeply my thoughts and my emotional reaction to thoughts and experiences impacts my reality on a fundamental, subtle and pervasive level, my approach to life changed dramatically for the better. This realization led to a further realization that the way I define the quality of my life is dependent largely upon how I personally value the events in my life and how they 'make me feel'... this is a flaw, I know this, as my experience of reality is an interpretation. But I'm working with this flaw as best I can.

It wasn't even a decision for me, after this, to begin pursuing daily meditation and to exact a concerted effort to monitor the sources of things that I choose to allow into my thought/emotion stream. It was a compulsion. I couldn't go on mindlessly allowing any random garbage into my experience stream. The news went first. Then not far after, the rest of broadcast tv.

The quality of what I am drawn to, or decide to put into my thought stream dictates a massive portion of my reality. It begins a cycle of how I think and feel, which immediately affects and shapes my experience of reality. A thought, engenders and emotional response, which triggers a similar thought and this thought/emotion cycle gains inertia the more it is fed.

Thoughts are exceptionally important.

I now daily, with intent, cultivate situations and seek sources that enhance, nourish and enrich my life, filling me with hope and with a desire to reach out and make connections. I used to feed on the kind of thinking that fosters isolation and fear. It was a sadistic and very challenging life. I still experience this, it's unavoidable at times, life is hard, some people are willfully sh(i)tty... I'm still mired in duality, I fail every day. However, I don't hide my head in the sand when it happens. If I can do something about it, I do. If there is nothing I can do, I usually stew about it for a while, then I make a concerted effort to release it. I leave it to the conditions it originated from, which are beyond me anyway.

I seek out something again then, that nourishes me.

In this way, I have healed and released many old, useless and damaging thought streams and emotional weights.

• Like 2