Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

SyFy channel movies

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

The wife says the only reason that I watch them is because there is always at least one hot chick with her boobs hanging out.  But I actually like the movies.  I watched Sasquatch Mountain this past weekend. Great movie !!

If you have this channel, definitely check their movies out. You will not be disappointed.

#2    Ghostfinder

Ghostfinder

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:47 AM

I do sometimes give them a chance, and I want to like them...just rarely happens.  Like the tornado one that was on today...I tried but gave up.  I think if there were less choices I might get more into them.  I do get why people would like them though.

#3    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• 1,363 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Sometimes I like them the same way I liked Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

What's frustrating about them is that they often take a brilliant concept and turn it into garbage with their execution.

#4    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostGhostfinder, on 29 January 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

I do sometimes give them a chance, and I want to like them...just rarely happens.  Like the tornado one that was on today...I tried but gave up.  I think if there were less choices I might get more into them.  I do get why people would like them though.

Oh do you mean the one where towards the end there is a firefighter that sees lighting hit the power cables and then travel down the line to electrocute a reporter but he sprays his water hose on it and gets electrocuted instead. Yeah that movie blew. Almost everyone of Syfy's movies are garbage.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#5    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

You are much better off watching their TV series. I just mentioned in another thread in this section, Alphas, is quite good. I'm on ep 6 and it's getting better each time. Great show!

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#6    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,061 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

In the UK the general quality of SciFi has gone downhill since it became SyFy.  Too many repeats, and too many rubbish films - though not as bad as movies4men...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#7    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

• "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Their movies are generally worse rubbish then the worst stuff Toho japan put out in the really bad Godzilla days. But Destination Truth is generally entertaining, if for no other reason that you just know that the local s are just telling BS stories; "Oh yeah... we totally say a giant bat thing...right Bob?"

#8    Tiger In A Tie

Tiger In A Tie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• Can't go wrong with a tie!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

They're so awful that I love watching them. My dad and  used to watch them very frequently, actually, along with cheesy old black-and-white SciFi movies. Sharktopus was awesome.

Although the movie...I think it was called "Mega Snake" (where Feedback from Stan Lee's "Who Wants to be a Superhero?" show was supposed to star in) was a complete and utter disappointment. :(

#9    julieday

julieday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Great show! Posted Image

#10    _Only

_Only

• 6,515 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:16 AM

View PostTiger In A Tie, on 16 February 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

They're so awful that I love watching them. My dad and  used to watch them very frequently, actually, along with cheesy old black-and-white SciFi movies. Sharktopus was awesome.

Although the movie...I think it was called "Mega Snake" (where Feedback from Stan Lee's "Who Wants to be a Superhero?" show was supposed to star in) was a complete and utter disappointment. :(

I've also seen a giant killer pterodactyl one a few times on there, starring Coolio.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users