Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Crypto-Puzzle Haunts Internet Geeks

Anomalocaris

The whole thing started when Johny from GadgetZZ.com posted a video online from a CD he received in the mail. The disc had nothing but an alpha-numeric string written on the front, but when he popped it into a computer (which was, uh, brave), it turned out to contain a video. A very creepy video, which people have since found on YouTube. It’s pretty weird, so brace yourself if you watch it below.

arrow3.gifRead more

• Like 1

Art School: 1st yr. photography project! :lol:

• Like 3

The BInary title of the vid clip spells out "MUERTE" which is Spanish for Death...

And the binary text in the youtube notes spells out "Te Queta 1 anos menos" Which I suppose is "You have 1 year left (or more)"...

Reading the comments below the clip in Youtube apparently someone has "Deciphered" the noises and got various things...

Such as the GPS coordinates of the White House, "You have One Year or less", and some crap that says Red Lipslife tenth" (Whatever the heck that means)...

Much ado about meh.....

• Like 2

^ ^ perhaps it's one of those 'watch this and you will die within a year' vids! :unsure2: ................... :o ................... :cry:

• Like 2

Creepy video of a masked figure that features cryptic clues appearing to be threats toward Barack Obama and the White House sets social media into a spin

Footage features a figure in plague doctor mask while strange noises play in the background

The encrypted title was decoded from binary to read as 'Death. You have one year or less'

Video contains numerous cryptic messages which appear to reveal sinister intentions

Footage has divided the internet over whether it's a genuine threat or a dark hoax or viral campaign

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3pCPdxtFD

Edited by Still Waters
Trimmed for length
  • Like 1

I don't have time to check out the videos right now, but my guess is that if Doctor Cloak really meant anything, he or she would just do it, instead of making videos that seem designed to give warning to the intended victim(s). If you're planning to kill someone, it's not a good idea to announce it to the world, and attempting to frighten and confuse someone who has 24/7 personal security will just put everyone on high alert. I suppose the alternative is that Doctor Cloak wants to become famous before actually doing anything, and this could (I'm stretching a little here) be Part 1: Misdirect and Cause Paranoia of a greater plan.

I believe that nothing will come of this, and it will never be acted on; nevertheless, the wording is intended to be interpreted as a direct threat and should be treated as serious, just in case.

Edited by theotherguy

While claims about Obama are not present in the article of my thread, I shared something about it a few days ago:

arrow3.gifCreepy Crypto-Puzzle Haunts Internet Geeks

Even though I remember that they mentioned something about coordinates of the White House...

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 1

*Threads Merged*

• Like 1

It is truly a creepy video. Watching it made me feel very anxious and totally out of my comfort-zone. If that is the purpose of this video, I must say "well done mr videomaker"!. I'm a bit stumbed as to what else could be behind its purpose... Some suggestions are discussed here(and loads of other places on the internet at the mo: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/reddit-community-attempt-to-crack-mysteries-of-terrifying-youtube-clip-a6701226.html

I really wanna just park it under the creepypasta headline! But there is just something so discomforting about the video... The combination of images and the strange sounds has a very manipulating effect. But at the same time it seems rather silly if it really contained a sinister message. Hidden images from old movies of tortured people, combined with threats against the U.S. president and suggestions of perhaps a biological terrorist attack in the near future. Bingie boingie buggie boingie!

It has got that Cicada feel to it as Travelnjones mentions in his post above. Seems like a lot of effort has gone into this video. But then again my technical skills are limited, so perhaps a video like this with all its hidden information is quite easily produced?

Well, just got around to watching it, and it's disconcerting. On it's surface, though, it doesn't seem to mean anything, which is the point, I guess. You have to look for all the hidden messages and single frame weirdness. All the same, I believe that Doctor Cloak's only goal is to scare, not to do anything historical.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...