Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Harry Potter-Like Invisibility Cloak Works

Still Waters

A miniature version of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak now exists, though it works only in microwave light, and not visible light, so far.

Still, it's a nifty trick, and the physicists who've created the new cloak say it's a step closer to realizing the kind of invisibility cloak that could hide a person in broad daylight.

http://www.livescien...sics-light.html

Great I want one. Won't hide anything from me but I can hide from you.

It isn't that hard to hide in broad daylight -- just duck behind something opaque.

• Like 1

Yup, developments are going faster than most expected. Maybe this will finally open peoples' eyes to all the possibilities this universe holds.

This sort of technology is beginning to wear thin.

There wont be much to see at any unveiling thats for sure.

• Like 3

If they ever succeed in cloaking visible light, God help us if terrorists, bank robbers, rapists, etc, ever get ahold of this.

If they ever succeed in cloaking visible light, God help us if terrorists, bank robbers, rapists, etc, ever get ahold of this.

Yikes! Good point!

I think it's going to be most-used for spying and as a nice situational utility for the military, and maybe for some rich fool who gets it through black market. I bet it's available for public through there in 5-10 years tops.

Nukes + cloaks anyone? A nice surprise? :whistle:

• Like 1

now they just need to make it into a watch and I can become the spy from team fortress 2 IRL