Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony


  • Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3091    1963

1963

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:BEDLAM

  • When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 03 October 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

I wouldn't feel too badly about it since we've all been caught by fakes now and again, and there are so many that it's hard to keep track of them all.  Of course, the same methods are used to discredit those who might have genuine UFO information, which makes our task even harder.

Every fake like this also sows more distrust and suspicion about the entire UFO subject in general, but the fact remains that this "Laredo crash" was always based on one questionable source.  Once in a while, though, I still run into someone who argues that it really happened after all.

LOL!...Wish it had happened,..the old guy seemed so earnest and convincing, in a grandfatherly sort of way![The old Blaggard],
And don't worry, I didn't feel too disheartened for 'too long', because I already know that the fact of life is that 'we all' like to think that we are not easily fooled,...but the truth is that sadly 'most of us' can be! :whistle:

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#3092    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,038 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Well we will never know right ? THats why the tale keeps going ,On & ON & ON ! Im in line to see another one and this Time Im going to Grab it with Both Hands ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#3093    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

    Bloodstained Hurricane

  • Member
  • 6,414 posts
  • Joined:22 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right behind you!

  • If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:29 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 October 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Well we will never know right ? THats why the tale keeps going ,On & ON & ON ! Im in line to see another one and this Time Im going to Grab it with Both Hands ! :tu:

I'd recommend a good pair of gloves and definitely a solid pair of probe proof undies! :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave


#3094    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 04 October 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

Well we will never know right ?

You think so?


#3095    bmk1245

bmk1245

    puny village idiot

  • Member
  • 3,972 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius, Lithuania

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostKludge808, on 02 October 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

[...]I need a little time to review and refresh my own memory from the early-mid 60s however the object, whatever it was, was reported as being at 30,000' (roughly 9 km) while the airliner was at 39,000' (just shy of 12 km.)  It and the F-117 were looking down on it.  The radar was looking up.  I'm sure that means something but at the moment I can't think of what.  I hate when that happens.
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, nevertheless looking at radar data you can come up with dozens of UFOs ET spaceships (as some believers may claim) at any given time and place in the area. Data plot from just one radar (Ft. Worth) and time period 2200Z-2230Z (Jan 08, 2008):

Posted Image

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#3096    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 04 October 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say, nevertheless looking at radar data you can come up with dozens of UFOs ET spaceships (as some believers may claim) at any given time and place in the area. Data plot from just one radar (Ft. Worth) and time period 2200Z-2230Z (Jan 08, 2008):



According to the "skeptics", every time there is a radar report of UFOs the equipment is malfunctioning and every time there is a radar visual report, like Stephenville, the witnesses are all lying or mistaken.  

They always have this standard list of "explanations" that they trot out for every single UFO report, although their real purpose is not to explain anything at all, but just muddy up the waters.


#3097    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 04 October 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

According to the "skeptics", every time there is a radar report of UFOs the equipment is malfunctioning and every time there is a radar visual report, like Stephenville, the witnesses are all lying or mistaken.  

They always have this standard list of "explanations" that they trot out for every single UFO report, although their real purpose is not to explain anything at all, but just muddy up the waters.

Well, there are natural phenomenon (atmospheric plasmas etc)  that act identical to what some people believe to be ET craft, we know this.

We also know that radar alone can not tell if an object is under intelligent control,... and that radar is far from immune to errors.

And we also know that eye-witnesses is known to make mistakes, that is why they are not enough in the world of science.

As for slobbing more mud in the waters of UFOology - I think that the believers are doing just fine on that one, without those skeptical of the ETH. At least we are asking the question - if not, what else could it be?

The believers are the ones with the "closed mind".
.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3098    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postbee, on 03 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

.


They're still technically UFOs zoser..... :yes:



I know...to keep everyone happy....let's say they were dark plasma something from Betelgeuse.... :rofl:



.

I know; don't worry I haven't gone over to the dark side yet.  I was just trying to be nice.  That Crete shot is amazing; much more detailed than my shots I realise.

Posted Image


#3099    OverSword

OverSword

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,605 posts
  • Joined:16 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle WA USA

  • When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 04 October 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

According to the "skeptics", every time there is a radar report of UFOs the equipment is malfunctioning and every time there is a radar visual report, like Stephenville, the witnesses are all lying or mistaken.  

There can be no doubt there are UFO's.  The question is are they spacecraft piloted by inteligent beings from other planets.  I say not.


#3100    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostOverSword, on 04 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

There can be no doubt there are UFO's.  The question is are they spacecraft piloted by inteligent beings from other planets.  I say not.

So are they some other intelligent life form endemic to this planet yet unknown to us ?  There cannot be that many options surely?

Posted Image


#3101    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 October 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

So are they some other intelligent life form endemic to this planet yet unknown to us ?  There cannot be that many options surely?

Options,...?

The evidence that will solve this once and for all is still in the wind.

Edited by Hazzard, 04 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3102    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Unsafe at Any Speed

  • Member
  • 24,065 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostHazzard, on 04 October 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well, there are natural phenomenon (atmospheric plasmas etc) that act identical to what some people believe to be ET craft, we know this.

We also know that radar alone can not tell if an object is under intelligent control,... and that radar is far from immune to errors.

.
That's the whole point of what I've been trying to argue. "Atmospheric phenomena" or "Plasma" are just thrown out as a handy all-puprose explanation, but no one seems to be too bothered about what it is, whether or not it can occur under the conditions pertaining where these sightings happen, or to address the mystery of why they do seem very much to be as if they're under intelligent control. People just seem to be content to use them as a handy explanation for UFO sightings, and then sit back & fold their arms as if their only mission is to dismiss UFO sightings and that's an end to it.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#3103    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostHazzard, on 04 October 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Options,...?

The evidence that will solve this once and for all is still in the wind.

I agree; but at least something is there that we can't explain away in bricks and mortar terms.  Thank God there is some mystery left in life.

Posted Image


#3104    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Trindade Brazil - 1958

Trindade, a small rocky island in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean 600 miles off the coast of Bahia, Brazil, was the site of one of the most impressive photographic cases in UFO history.

In October 1957 the Brazilian Navy set up a small scientific base on the unoccupied island, where oceanographic and meteorological research would be conducted in connection with the International Geophysical Year. Starting early the next month, instrument-bearing weather balloons were launched daily. They were designed to explode in the upper atmosphere, releasing the instrument packages which would parachute to earth to be retrieved by the researchers. By the end of the month base personnel were reporting silvery UFOs which seemed to be monitoring the balloons’ movements.

On January 1,1958, at 7:50 A.M., the passage of a bright point of light, like a mirror reflecting sunlight, was observed by the entire garrison. The next evening a round object with an orange glow circled the Navy tow ship Triunfo traveling off the Bahian coast 400 miles from Trindade. As the crew watched, the UFO executed sudden right-angle turns and at other times hovered near the ship. The sighting lasted for 10 minutes.

The most fantastic event occurred on the sixth. The base’s chief officer, Cmdr. Carlos A. Bacellar, had just overseen the launching of a weather balloon into a morning sky clear of everything but a single large cumulus cloud at 14,000 feet. Inside the radio cabin Bacellar listened to the signals the balloon emitted as it ascended. Suddenly those signals inexplicably diminished, then went dead.

When Bacellar went outside to investigate, he saw nothing out of the ordinary, at least at first. The balloon was ascending normally—until it came directly below the cloud, at which point it seemed to be sucked abruptly upward. For the next 10 minutes it remained out of sight and inside the cloud. Finally, when it reappeared, it was above the cloud and devoid of the instrument package.

Soon a silvery object emerged from behind the cloud. As it moved slowly from the southwest to the east, a technician gazing through a theodolite spotted it and alerted the commander, who viewed it briefly through binoculars, then through a sextant. Crescent-shaped and bright white in color, the object reversed course at one point and remained in sight for some time before it entered a cloud bank (Fontes, 1960).

The photographs

Later [16JAN58], at 12:15 P.M., as the Almirante Saldanha sat anchored off the south coast of Trindade and prepared for a return trip to Rio de Janeiro, 48 crew members and passengers spotted an object approaching the island. Among the witnesses was Almiro Barauna, a civilian who had been brought along because of his skill in underwater photography. Barauna gave this account to João Martins of the magazine 0 Cruzeiro:

I had my Rolleiflex 2.8-model E, which was kept inside an aluminum box for protection against the corrosive effects of water and salt. I had left my Leica with a telephoto lens in my cabin a few minutes before. The deck was full of sailors and officers. Suddenly Mr. Amilar Vieira and [retired Air Force] Capt. [José Teobaldo] Viegas called to me, pointing to a certain spot in the sky and yelling about a bright object which was approaching the island.

At this same moment, when I was still trying to see what it was, Lt. Homero [Ribeiro] — the ship’s dentist—came from the bow toward us, running, pointing to the sky and also yelling about an object he was sighting. He was so disturbed and excited that he almost fell down after colliding with a cable. Then I was finally able to locate the object, by the flash it emitted. It was already close to the island.

It glittered at certain moments, perhaps reflecting the sunlight, perhaps changing its own light — I don’t know. It was coming over the sea, moving toward the point called the Galo Crest. I had lost 30 seconds looking for the object, but the camera was already in my hands, ready, when I sighted it clearly silhouetted against the clouds. I shot two photos before it disappeared behind Desejado Peak. My camera was set at speed 125, with the aperture at f/8, and this was the cause of an overexposure error, as I discovered later.

The object remained out of sight for a few seconds— behind the peak— reappearing bigger in size and flying in the opposite direction, but lower and closer than before, and moving at a higher speed. I shot the third photo. The fourth and fifth ones were lost, not only because of the speed the saucer was moving, but also for another reason: in the confusion produced as a result of the sighting, I was being pulled and pushed by other persons also trying to spot the object and, as a consequence, photographed the sea and the island only—not the object. It was moving again toward the sea, in the direction from which it had come, and it appeared to stop in mid-air for a brief time. At that moment I shot my last photo (the last on the film). After about 10 seconds, the object continued to increase its distance from the ship, gradually diminishing in size and finally disappearing into the horizon [ibid.].

The object was gray, metallic, and solid-looking, though surrounded by a greenish haze or mist. With a ring running through its midsection, it resembled a flattened version of the planet Saturn.

Badly shaken by the experience, Barauna removed the film from the camera almost immediately but delayed processing it for an hour. Finally he and Capt. Viegas entered the ship’s darkroom together, while Cmdr. Bacellar (who had not been on deck when the sighting occurred) waited outside the door. Ten minutes later Barauna showed the wet negatives to Bacellar (there was no photographic paper available) and said that it looked as if the UFO’s image had not been picked up. The commander examined the negatives carefully and spotted the image. Subsequently, the other witnesses stated that the object in the photographs was the one they observed ("New Evidence," 1965)

Check out the very short clip and listen carefully to the comments made by the analyst.





Posted Image



Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 04 October 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image


#3105    Quaentum

Quaentum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 04 October 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Trindade Brazil - 1958

Trindade, a small rocky island in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean 600 miles off the coast of Bahia, Brazil, was the site of one of the most impressive photographic cases in UFO history.

In October 1957 the Brazilian Navy set up a small scientific base on the unoccupied island, where oceanographic and meteorological research would be conducted in connection with the International Geophysical Year. Starting early the next month, instrument-bearing weather balloons were launched daily. They were designed to explode in the upper atmosphere, releasing the instrument packages which would parachute to earth to be retrieved by the researchers. By the end of the month base personnel were reporting silvery UFOs which seemed to be monitoring the balloons’ movements.

On January 1,1958, at 7:50 A.M., the passage of a bright point of light, like a mirror reflecting sunlight, was observed by the entire garrison. The next evening a round object with an orange glow circled the Navy tow ship Triunfo traveling off the Bahian coast 400 miles from Trindade. As the crew watched, the UFO executed sudden right-angle turns and at other times hovered near the ship. The sighting lasted for 10 minutes.

The most fantastic event occurred on the sixth. The base’s chief officer, Cmdr. Carlos A. Bacellar, had just overseen the launching of a weather balloon into a morning sky clear of everything but a single large cumulus cloud at 14,000 feet. Inside the radio cabin Bacellar listened to the signals the balloon emitted as it ascended. Suddenly those signals inexplicably diminished, then went dead.

When Bacellar went outside to investigate, he saw nothing out of the ordinary, at least at first. The balloon was ascending normally—until it came directly below the cloud, at which point it seemed to be sucked abruptly upward. For the next 10 minutes it remained out of sight and inside the cloud. Finally, when it reappeared, it was above the cloud and devoid of the instrument package.

Soon a silvery object emerged from behind the cloud. As it moved slowly from the southwest to the east, a technician gazing through a theodolite spotted it and alerted the commander, who viewed it briefly through binoculars, then through a sextant. Crescent-shaped and bright white in color, the object reversed course at one point and remained in sight for some time before it entered a cloud bank (Fontes, 1960).

The photographs

Later [16JAN58], at 12:15 P.M., as the Almirante Saldanha sat anchored off the south coast of Trindade and prepared for a return trip to Rio de Janeiro, 48 crew members and passengers spotted an object approaching the island. Among the witnesses was Almiro Barauna, a civilian who had been brought along because of his skill in underwater photography. Barauna gave this account to João Martins of the magazine 0 Cruzeiro:

I had my Rolleiflex 2.8-model E, which was kept inside an aluminum box for protection against the corrosive effects of water and salt. I had left my Leica with a telephoto lens in my cabin a few minutes before. The deck was full of sailors and officers. Suddenly Mr. Amilar Vieira and [retired Air Force] Capt. [José Teobaldo] Viegas called to me, pointing to a certain spot in the sky and yelling about a bright object which was approaching the island.

At this same moment, when I was still trying to see what it was, Lt. Homero [Ribeiro] — the ship’s dentist—came from the bow toward us, running, pointing to the sky and also yelling about an object he was sighting. He was so disturbed and excited that he almost fell down after colliding with a cable. Then I was finally able to locate the object, by the flash it emitted. It was already close to the island.

It glittered at certain moments, perhaps reflecting the sunlight, perhaps changing its own light — I don’t know. It was coming over the sea, moving toward the point called the Galo Crest. I had lost 30 seconds looking for the object, but the camera was already in my hands, ready, when I sighted it clearly silhouetted against the clouds. I shot two photos before it disappeared behind Desejado Peak. My camera was set at speed 125, with the aperture at f/8, and this was the cause of an overexposure error, as I discovered later.

The object remained out of sight for a few seconds— behind the peak— reappearing bigger in size and flying in the opposite direction, but lower and closer than before, and moving at a higher speed. I shot the third photo. The fourth and fifth ones were lost, not only because of the speed the saucer was moving, but also for another reason: in the confusion produced as a result of the sighting, I was being pulled and pushed by other persons also trying to spot the object and, as a consequence, photographed the sea and the island only—not the object. It was moving again toward the sea, in the direction from which it had come, and it appeared to stop in mid-air for a brief time. At that moment I shot my last photo (the last on the film). After about 10 seconds, the object continued to increase its distance from the ship, gradually diminishing in size and finally disappearing into the horizon [ibid.].

The object was gray, metallic, and solid-looking, though surrounded by a greenish haze or mist. With a ring running through its midsection, it resembled a flattened version of the planet Saturn.

Badly shaken by the experience, Barauna removed the film from the camera almost immediately but delayed processing it for an hour. Finally he and Capt. Viegas entered the ship’s darkroom together, while Cmdr. Bacellar (who had not been on deck when the sighting occurred) waited outside the door. Ten minutes later Barauna showed the wet negatives to Bacellar (there was no photographic paper available) and said that it looked as if the UFO’s image had not been picked up. The commander examined the negatives carefully and spotted the image. Subsequently, the other witnesses stated that the object in the photographs was the one they observed ("New Evidence," 1965)

Check out the very short clip and listen carefully to the comments made by the analyst.





Posted Image



Posted Image

Not sure if this is accurate but It seems in 2010 that the photographer who took the pictures admitted it was a hoax.

http://forgetomori.c...er-admits-hoax/

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users