Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nessie

Thinker from the East

What do you people think nessie is?

Real but changed thru out history

Fake, Just a hoax

A whole different kind of species that has just been

Tell me your answer and any notes you have

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• draconic chronicler

• frogfish

• aquatus1

• zandore

Thinker, there is a lot about nessie on the crypto thread of UM. That is probably the better place for this discussion.

Well, I believe that nessie is real. Maybe not now, but was. Now people think that there is a new kind of sea monster in the loch ness lake. :yes:

No one can ever be sure until they figure out how to drainthe Loch. Then there will be conclusive proof one way or another. Until then the jury is still out in my opinion.

No one can ever be sure until they figure out how to drainthe Loch. Then there will be conclusive proof one way or another. Until then the jury is still out in my opinion.

True... but no one really wants to find Nessie or any other sea monster there. If they find the creature, scientists are going to disect it, and then that mystery will be over.

The Loch Ness Monster is a plesiosaur. Nessie could have easily been frozen or stuck on a glacier and thawed out or moved into loch ness. It's a big enough lake withe lots of fish and lots of caves and dwellings, it could easily live there. Nessie is real...

The Loch Ness Monster is a plesiosaur. Nessie could have easily been frozen or stuck on a glacier and thawed out or moved into loch ness. It's a big enough lake withe lots of fish and lots of caves and dwellings, it could easily live there. Nessie is real...

and, appearantly, immortal, if it can survive a freezing and, what, five hundred years in the Loch? Incidentally, Loch Ness was a big ice cube during the age of the plesiosaur, so one must also, if one wishes to believe the frozen in ice theory, accept that the plesiosaur was frozen elsewhere, then transported, still frozen, to the loch, where it patiently waited the hundred years or so that it took for that massive block of ice to melt, and the several more decades that were need for a biological system (i.e. the fish that it presumably needs to eat) to become established in the loch.

There aren't lots of fish in the loch, by the way. A few, but not a lot, certainly not enough for a 30 foot carnivore to live off of. Nor are there caves in the sharp drop-off granite walls.

i read somewhere (i think one of my teachers handed it out once about 3 years ago) that some guy found a cave network at the bottom that could lead to the sea.

either way, i dont want them to ever prove anything:

prove it doesn't exist, nothing to talk about anymore

prove it does, then no one can debate that it does or doesn't.

No tunnels to the sea, I'm afraid. The loch is a bit higher than sea level, so if there was a direct connection, the water would drain ut until the loch was at sea level.

The only connection to the sea is through the locks and channels on either end. These are carefully monitored by the people who work the systems, and it would be hard to miss a thirty foot sea beasty endangering the ships waiting to pass through.

"Immortal" was the right word Aquatus. And "supernatural" too. From the earliest account, "Nessie" was a sentient creature who understood St. Columba and desisted from attacking the human swimmer. This strongly suggests, the creature is a heavenly "dragon", exactly like the type commanded to swallow Jonah in the Old Testament and seen on numerous ancient Christian tombstones, monuments, bible covers etc. These "dragons" do look somewhat like plesiosaurs, except for the clawed feet instead of flippers, and tightly folded wings on their sides.

As a Seraphim or Cherubim dragon,"Nessie" can leave the Loch at will which makes the sonar findings pointless, and people will continue to see "her" there, and many other watery places these creatures are apparently attracted to.

Edited by draconic chronicler

"Immortal" was the right word Aquatus. And "supernatural" too. From the earliest account, "Nessie" was a sentient creature who understood St. Columba and desisted from attacking the human swimmer. This strongly suggests, the creature is a heavenly "dragon", exactly like the type commanded to swallow Jonah in the Old Testament and seen on numerous ancient Christian tombstones, monuments, bible covers etc. These "dragons" do look somewhat like plesiosaurs, except for the clawed feet instead of flippers, and tightly folded wings on their sides.

As a Seraphim or Cherubim dragon,"Nessie" can leave the Loch at will which makes the sonar findings pointless, and people will continue to see "her" there, and many other watery places these creatures are apparently attracted to.

Your freaking joking right? Nessie is fake, it was a publicity stunt. Where in the world do you people come up with this stuff.

And people wonder why the civilization is failing, people live in a fantasy world.

Seriuosly watch Clash of the Titans, or play some AD&D, just don't take it to seriously, your friend might turn into a dragon, and you might slay him. HAHAHA

Pathetic, simply pathetic.

Peace TNO. :hmm:

What do you people think nessie is?

Real but changed thru out history

Fake, Just a hoax

A whole different kind of species that has just been

Tell me your answer and any notes you have

Perhaps, a giant invertebrae (slug-like); This way it would be able to stay submerged indefinitely.This may also explain the humps seen on the surface. Another theory, could be seals or other sea mammals visiting the Loch on occasion... But, as for a large reptile or lake monster living in Loch Ness. it is highly unlikely.

I'm rather skeptical of Nessie, since unless young 'nessies' were somehow coming either up the river from the ocean, or down the river from the sources of whatever drains into Loch Ness (all, mind you, without being detected by humans living near those rivers), there would need to be a population of these things, in order for them to breed without degenerating from inbreeding. That would probably overload Loch Ness's ecosystem.

Nameless, You seem to know a lot more about all of those fantasy games and movies than I do, I wonder why? My interest in this subject is based on ancient accounts that have nothing to do with "modern" games, book and films, produced by people who usually haven't a clue about the historical origin of these subjects.

People will continue to see draco-form "monsters" at Loch Ness and other places no matter how many scientists tell them they "cannot be there", because they may be "more" then mere animals, just as so much other unexplained phenomena discussed on this website.

Lake monsters, including that of Loch Ness have been reported as long as recorded history. And they were hardly "publicity stunts" back then. Many people are unaware that "identical" creatures have been reported in nearby lochs by reliable people that are clearly not publicity stunts as these are undeveloped places.

Much of the oriental world still believes in dragons, very intellegient and succesful people some who I know personally, and technically most Christians must believe in them to if they believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. I suspect billions of these people are far less "pathetic", indeed probably far more intelligent and succesful, than you are, Nameless.

Edited by draconic chronicler

"Immortal" was the right word Aquatus. And "supernatural" too. From the earliest account, "Nessie" was a sentient creature who understood St. Columba and desisted from attacking the human swimmer. This strongly suggests, the creature is a heavenly "dragon", exactly like the type commanded to swallow Jonah in the Old Testament and seen on numerous ancient Christian tombstones, monuments, bible covers etc.

You have to admit, though, that your explanation here is a bit of a leap of faith. Let us assume the Loch Ness monster exists and did what the stories say he did. Let's look at it objectively:

A wild creature was confronted by a human yelling at him, so it turned away. Does this seem strange to you? Does this seem like something 90% of the animal kingdom wouldn't do?

You have taken a perfectly normal instinctual action, and from that, deduced sentience and divine origins. Your conclusions are somewhat suspect.

I simply cannot see how, in any way, shape, or form, a creature running away from a yelling human "strongly suggests, the creature is a heavenly "dragon"".

And DC highjacks another thread! :rolleyes:

Can you keep on topic DC? This is a thread about the Loch Ness monster AKA Nessie not dragons or Seraphim or Cherubim.

Aquatus,

Some eyewitness reports state the creature to be 50 or 60 feet long. Do you really think a person "shouting" would scare it away? It was generally referred to as a "dragon" as well, until the discovery of fossil plesiosaurs.

People keep seeing the Loch Ness monster despite the fact that scientists say it cannot be a regular animal. Considering that the majority of people in the world believe in religion/spirituality, and the fact that dragons appear in virtually every religion, I am surprised why people would consider this theory so preposterous. There is even a very good reasons for dragons to be in that geographical location as my book explains. On the contrary, it is proably the only logical conclusion, given the fact the creature is able to avoid scientific detection, yet continues to be seen by casual observers.

Zandore, I cannot possibly "hijack" a thread unless people are interested in what I say and respond to it. If my comments are simply ignored, no "hijacking". Simple, isn't it?

The fact is, the several threads in which dragons were discussed have in every case become some of the "hottest" topics on UM, which can only be possible if it is an interesting and popular subject. Regrettably however, certain moderators also have gotten personally involved in these discussions, and if they cannot make their point in debate, simply use their moderator's "power" to shut the thread down, as we have seen.

Aquatus, Some eyewitness reports state the creature to be 50 or 60 feet long. Do you really think a person "shouting" would scare it away? It was generally referred to as a "dragon" as well, until the discovery of fossil plesiosaurs.

Yes, I do, and no, it wasn't. I won't bother asking you to back up your claims. Incidentally, let's not forget that I do not believe the thing exists to begin with.

People keep seeing the Loch Ness monster despite the fact that scientists say it cannot be a regular animal."

And people keep seeing the Virgin Mary on underpasses, toast, and trees. This is precisely why subjective accounts, which would be individual opinions not backed up by evidence (for example, your claims), are not considered reliable basis for theories.

Zandore, I cannot possibly "hijack" a thread unless people are interested in what I say and respond to it. If my comments are simply ignored, no "hijacking". Simple, isn't it?

Don't be silly. You can hijack a thread quite simply by annoying everyone else around you.

The fact is, the several threads in which dragons were discussed have in every case become some of the "hottest" topics on UM, which can only be possible if it is an interesting and popular subject. Regrettably however, certain moderators also have gotten personally involved in these discussions, and if they cannot make their point in debate, simply use their moderator's "power" to shut the thread down, as we have seen.

No, DC, dragons haven't gotten popular. You have, which is the only reason you keep bringing up the topic. You are like a child who makes noise simply for attention. Sooner or later, you are going to have to realize that the attention you get from playing the fool isn't the kind of attention you want.

Get over the dragons, DC. Expand your horizons. Don't try to make yourself the center of attention so much. You have a credibility deficit already; don't compound it by putting your respect in jeopardy.

I will no longer encourage your depency. Any future posts you make concerning dragons will, for a good long time, be ignored by myself. I cannot speak for others.

If, on the other hand, you wish to have a discussion on any other subject, I will be glad to participate.

I apologize to the mods in advance; I realize that I have violated a few rules, and I will decist.

Edited by aquatus1

I can't say you will be missed, Aquatus. I cannot recall you contirbuting anything worthwhile to the discussion to begin with.