Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

are aliens likely to exist or not?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,812 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I actually think that's very true. People would, of course, describe something outside their normal experience in religious terms, as angles or fiery hosts. I suppose the question is, which did they see? Was it actually ETs or was it the Hosts of heaven? or was it some natural phenomenana that, being outside their normal experience, they'd, as I said, describe in religious terms?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 27 January 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I actually think that's very true. People would, of course, describe something outside their normal experience in religious terms, as angles or fiery hosts. I suppose the question is, which did they see? Was it actually ETs or was it the Hosts of heaven? or was it some natural phenomenana that, being outside their normal experience, they'd, as I said, describe in religious terms?
We don't know and it seems futile to guess.  I guess its fun though.

#33    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 27 January 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

and that's what it boils down to, what we believe to be the truth.
Aliens, fiction, Angels.....

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#34    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

View Postali smack, on 23 January 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

what are people's opinions regarding aliens?
do you think they exist?
don't exist?
are visiting us?
not visiting us?

Yes i think they exists we just havent found them yet, even more i think space is filled with life. We just arent advanced enough to find any we dont have proper equpiment. Like people once believed earth is flat, and science prove them wrong, same scenario will happen for discovery of ET life. I hate religion... they had much to do with supressing such belief... killing scientis...narrowing the vision of minds in the matter of speech.. Religion forced their belief in people which isnt the way and there are no evidences for any of world religions and their gods.

And maybe some " ET expedition " was here long ago i dont know neither does anyone else. Our civilization is young in contrast of age of space.
When we humans will launch our expeditions to space will probably do the same and venture to other earthlike planets.

But first we need to evolve from fossil fuels,wars,hatred,greed,... all these factors are only slowing progress of our kind,

Is it good opinion?

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#35    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

THE FIRST UFO-HUNTERS

Some 700 years before the birth of Jesus, the prophet Micah said-
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,from ancient times.” (Bible, Micah 5:2)

The prophecy was noted and remembered and discussed by people for the next 700 years, then when a mysterious star was seen in the direction of Bethlehem it attracted the interest of The 3 Wise Men from the east, who were in modern language UFO-hunters, so off they went to track it down, as related in Matthew ch 2-
"the star they had seen when it rose went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was"

Posted Image

#36    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,812 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

You could well be right.
So are we suggesting, by extension of this theory, that Jesus was an ET?

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 27 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#37    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

In the film "The Day the Earth Stood Still"  Keanu Reeves was an alien in human form sent here to save the earth by wiping out the human race.
Here he meets with a fellow alien who's lived on earth for 70 years in the human form of a Chinaman whose been watching us and sending back messages about us to his home planet about how humans are polluting and wrecking the earth.-

Posted Image

Maybe watchers like the Chinaman are "angels" (the word means 'messenger'), and these ancient prophecies spring to mind-

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2)
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

Edited by Crikey, 27 January 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#38    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Deleted

Edited by Frank Merton, 27 January 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#39    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,954 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostCrikey, on 27 January 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels unawares" (Hebrews 13:2)
"The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )

I dont get you Crikey. Your posts previously suggest you don't give a poop for any religion. So then why keep quoting it?  And all this NONSENSE about they didnt have the right vocabulary so called things fiery chariots etc... is that so?  

Well I have news for you. (again) and I quote a page about Ezekiel

"The main premise of the Ancient Astronaut theory is that ancient writers couldn’t understand, or didn’t have the vocabulary to explain technology. But that idea doesn’t really work for Ezekiel for many reasons.

First of all, Ezekiel had a huge vocabulary. Hebrew is one of the richest languages in history of the world, and Ezekiel showed great skill in utilizing it when describing complicated things in other places in his writings.

He had the vocabulary to say things like: silver disk, or round, or window or grey being with big eyes if he had wanted to, but he didn’t. As we will see what Ezekiel describes simply cannot be compared to a UFO.

More than any other Bible writer, Ezekiel was extremely detail oriented. He makes sure to describe every detail, not just here, but throughout his writings. For example a very accurate model of the layout of an entire city, as well as a huge temple complex can be constructed by using his specifications".

source PLUS DEBUNK VID for anyone who wants to see it

http://ancientaliens...zekiels-wheels/

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#40    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'd like to have a nice chat in a coffee shop with an alien, but I would rather he didn't destroy the world afterward.

#41    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'd like to have a nice chat in a coffee shop with an alien, but I would rather he didn't destroy the world afterward.

Why would they destroy the world?

#42    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,954 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostTesla II, on 27 January 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

They were talking about the movie, in the movie the world was going to be destroyed..

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#43    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostTesla II, on 27 January 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Sometimes my tries at being funny don't work.

#44    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 January 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

They were talking about the movie, in the movie the world was going to be destroyed..

Aha my bad... Great movie btw! But it is just a movie..

#45    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,954 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostTesla II, on 27 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Aha my bad... Great movie btw! But it is just a movie..

and if you watch this excellent 'movie', you can learn just how possible life REALLY is..  (great vid BTW, first post on below link)

http://www.unexplain...opic=241837&hl=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users