Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need some help

AliceCoopersGirl

Having a problem with my computer and need some help,every time I click on a link my computer freezes up.

The only thing I can do is click on the x at top right of page to get a sign that says end now.Click on that and it takes me out to a note that says report error(I try to report but it does nothing.)

Im at a complete loss and it is driving me up the wall,hope someone can help me. crying.gif

It isn't just on this forum that I can't click on links.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AliceCoopersGirl

• Mentalcase

• TheOracle

• fulltimekiller

You could try rebooting your computer. Or run an anti-virus.

You could try rebooting your computer. Or run an anti-virus.

Tried the rebooting,didn't work.

Will try the anti virus bit though.

Thanks Mentlecase,let you know if this works.

It might be something to do with your browser.

I recommend try some other internet browser don't use IE its proven they are crap.

You could hover your mouse over the link and at the bottom of the browser there it tells you the address type that in the address bar (where you put your www.site.com) for now until you get it working again.

Are you running a slow computer? or programs that drains lots of your system memory? Ususally slow computer will cause things to crash.(try terminating some useless things)

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt to run the defragmenter. Goto>All programs>accessories>system tools>disk defragmenter. Run it on the C drive.

Done everything I can,ran defragger,firewall,anti virus and still having problems.

Im getting loads of pop ups(even though my pop up guard is as high as it can go!!)

It is now really doing my head in as Im missing loads of time on UM.

Every time I click on links or next page it freezes.

Thanks for your help guys,think Im going to throw the thing out the window in a bit!!! crying.gif

Do you have AdAware and/or Spybot ? If so have you ran them ?

Sounds like you have some evil spyware in action.

If you don't have these programs I would suggest you get them. Both of them are free downloads. thumbsup.gif

Edited by TheOracle

Try Mozilla, it sounds like a problem with Internet Explorer.

I have got AdAware(got it last night)Every thing checked out ok on that.Cheers Oracle.

If it goes wrong any more SaRuMaN then I will try your sugestion out.

So far I've stayed on with no probs for about half hour,fingers crossed that its sorted.Thanks guys,keep you updated.

No worries Sweetheart thumbsup.gif Let us know how ya go.

I think the reason why your browser is freezing is because these spywares adware etc been installing onto your computer.I remember having the same problem except mine one the whole browser didn't start up it just freezes(i had to temporary use my crappy browser i made)I manage to get rid of it i can't seem to remember how i think i used some ad removal program and went into internet option and turn off third party things.

I recommend use some other browser not IE as other suggested.

Don't forget to not use the administrator account unless you are going to install some program that you trust.Cause using administrator to do your everyday things make these evil spyware install themself easily.

Edited by fulltimekiller

I think the reason why your browser is freezing is because these spywares adware etc been installing onto your computer.I remember having the same problem except mine one the whole browser didn't start up it just freezes(i had to temporary use my crappy browser i made)I manage to get rid of it i can't seem to remember how i think i used some ad removal program and went into internet option and turn off third party things.

I recommend use some other browser not IE as other suggested.

Don't forget to not use the administrator account unless you are going to install some program that you trust.Cause using administrator to do your everyday things make these evil spyware install themself easily.

I installed AdWare after my computer started freezing up on me.Was advised by my internet server.Thanks for the advice though Fulltimekiller.

I will keep you updated TO,as yet my problem is not sorted. crying.gif

Was advised by my server to uninstall my applications and then reinstall.

Took me all afternoon and I am now back on net(after a few choice words shouted at the screen,loads of cigrettes and a splitting headache sad.gif )and Im giving it a run out to see if it works........watch this space.

It hasn't worked,my computer is still kicking me off and freezing up crying.gif

Going to get someone to look at it as soon as they can come round.

Thanks guys for all your help and suggestions thumbsup.gif

Edited by AliceCoopersGirl

• 2 weeks later...

I have now sorted the problem out about pop ups but still have one problem.

I really hope someone can help with this.Every time I click on a link or "show all" on the smilies my computer freezes and I have to get off.I get a message up saying report problem to microsoft so I click yes.

The last couple of times I have checked the technical report and these are the same two problems.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2A.tmp.dir00\ybrowser.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2A.tmp.dir00\appcompattxt

Sorry for posting 3 in a row.

ACG,

If any helpful advise is slow in coming, try contacting Bleeding heart at his website, (his link is in his profile) he's pretty knowledgable about computer problems. He used to come by the forum quite often, although I haven't seen him in awhile. Good luck.

MM

here's what i'll do...

pick up my computer, punch the screen as hard as you can, kick the tower (put a few dents in it) and swear at it for ten or so minutes

Your anger issue should be solved after that

then ask a friend or someone who knows alot about comps to format and reinstall.

I've tried to get in touch with Bleeding heart at his wedsite but it doesn't look like he has been there for a while either MM,thanks for the advice though.

I don't have an anger issue Dowdy,just want to be able to use all of my computer and the internet.

Have also done all the things you sugested and its still not right disgust.gif

Thanks though for your advice. thumbsup.gif

Fixed it,thanks everyone original.gif