Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Is Your Life Already Written?


  • Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#151    bmk1245

bmk1245

    puny village idiot

  • Member
  • 4,009 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius, Lithuania

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 17 May 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

This attitude is entirely my point. All things new are considered by fuddyduddies to be in wowoo land by the status quo huggers. Time and time again it ends up being the other way around in the end.
Science progresses, while woowoos still stand at the start line pulling stuff from their bums.

View PostSeeker79, on 17 May 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hugh?
For specially gifted I can put it in simpler way: "challenging status quo" with fairy tales, sheer ignorance and delusions is not only stupid, but dangerous as well

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#152    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

    New life

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amniotic fluid of consfious life

  • Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 19 May 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Tooth fairies, nor figments of imagination don't kill. Kills void/vacuum between the ears plus brainwash.


How convenient.

All words, none of the substance...

Kinda became a rule: believer throws huge word salad, pile of philosophical rambling.

You mean

A) you can't speak in more abstract sense about this stuff, you must always have a very firm touch to what YOU and only YOU perceive as reality.
B) you dont simply understand what I say, a communication problem on both ends.
C) you say you're too lazy to read even if you bypass reasons A and B?

I dont do philosophical rambling, I just put my thoughts in a form that comes out as one. The thoughts themselves, if you are capable of picking them up, are something else too. To put it simply, in order to research this stuff, all you need to do is TRUST other people and what they say, even if you keep the possibility of them having hallucinations or lying or whatever, open, and more importantly, to TRUST your own instincts, to listen to your self and reflect your life.

You say this stuff isn't researched... your lifetime wouldn't be enough to study half of all the seriously done research about psychic phenomenas alone, even if you could open yourself enough to study it properly. Not because you wouldn't have time to read and study every important language (chinese, vedic etc) to understand the meaning of original writings, but also so that you could really relate with them in some way and try connect them together and use your intuition and everything you got to challenge that research and find your own theories. It's all based in what people experience as reality, and many people don't pay it no mind nor think it as paranormal or special in particular, whether you like it or not.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#153    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,070 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 19 May 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:


Science progresses, while woowoos still stand at the start line pulling stuff from their bums.

For specially gifted I can put it in simpler way: "challenging status quo" with fairy tales, sheer ignorance and delusions is not only stupid, but dangerous as well
So I gues quite a number of respected scientists that do not cow toe to the established doctrine are just ignorant and deluted? Your ill mannered flameing only points to your own faults. I guess it's soooooooo dangerous. Actually it is. The dogma that exists does threaten their careers and reputations. At least we have progressed from burning people with new ideas at the stake.... But not that far I'm afraid. Scientist that start to learn  and understand then express a new paradime are symbolically and professionally burned. I think there is change in the wind however.  

At one point tomatoes were considered death apples because it's related to the nightshade family. One guy even made a living eating tomatoes in front of live audiences.

Well here is some part of the  story anyway. The point being that if we just listen to status quo we would not be eating tomatoes. No pizza sauce, no spagettie sauce, no ketchup. OMG could you imagine a world without ketchup. What a travesty!!!

http://robie2.hubpag...to-Recipes-Tips

Edited by Seeker79, 19 May 2012 - 10:20 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#154    bmk1245

bmk1245

    puny village idiot

  • Member
  • 4,009 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius, Lithuania

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 19 May 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

You mean

A) you can't speak in more abstract sense about this stuff, you must always have a very firm touch to what YOU and only YOU perceive as reality.
B) you dont simply understand what I say, a communication problem on both ends.
C) you say you're too lazy to read even if you bypass reasons A and B?

I dont do philosophical rambling, I just put my thoughts in a form that comes out as one. The thoughts themselves, if you are capable of picking them up, are something else too. To put it simply, in order to research this stuff, all you need to do is TRUST other people and what they say, even if you keep the possibility of them having hallucinations or lying or whatever, open, and more importantly, to TRUST your own instincts, to listen to your self and reflect your life.

You say this stuff isn't researched... your lifetime wouldn't be enough to study half of all the seriously done research about psychic phenomenas alone, even if you could open yourself enough to study it properly. Not because you wouldn't have time to read and study every important language (chinese, vedic etc) to understand the meaning of original writings, but also so that you could really relate with them in some way and try connect them together and use your intuition and everything you got to challenge that research and find your own theories. It's all based in what people experience as reality, and many people don't pay it no mind nor think it as paranormal or special in particular, whether you like it or not.
You dead right on one thing: 21st century, and still there are people with stoneage caveman mentality, medieval superstitions and blind beliefs - THATS beyond my comprehension.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#155    bmk1245

bmk1245

    puny village idiot

  • Member
  • 4,009 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius, Lithuania

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 19 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

So I gues quite a number of respected scientists that do not cow toe to the established doctrine are just ignorant and deluted? Your ill mannered flameing only points to your own faults. I guess it's soooooooo dangerous. Actually it is. The dogma that exists does threaten their careers and reputations. At least we have progressed from burning people with new ideas at the stake.... But not that far I'm afraid. Scientist that start to learn  and understand then express a new paradime are symbolically and professionally burned. I think there is change in the wind however.  

At one point tomatoes were considered death apples because it's related to the nightshade family. One guy even made a living eating tomatoes in front of live audiences.

Well here is some part of the  story anyway. The point being that if we just listen to status quo we would not be eating tomatoes. No pizza sauce, no spagettie sauce, no ketchup. OMG could you imagine a world without ketchup. What a travesty!!!

http://robie2.hubpag...to-Recipes-Tips
One thing I'm sure about: your attitude to science would make T.D.Lysenko ecstatic.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#156    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

You pretty much decide the route your life will take, sure there will be things that will affect this but again you decide "how" that affects you!

Posted Image

#157    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

    New life

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amniotic fluid of consfious life

  • Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 May 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

You dead right on one thing: 21st century, and still there are people with stoneage caveman mentality, medieval superstitions and blind beliefs - THATS beyond my comprehension.

On just one thing though?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#158    bmk1245

bmk1245

    puny village idiot

  • Member
  • 4,009 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius, Lithuania

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 22 May 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

On just one thing though?
If that alone is not sufficient enough...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#159    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined:29 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere.

  • The proof is out there.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Really think about this one. There are seven billion of us. Just how big is this book. Imagine sitting down to write a book about the lives of everyone living, dead and yet to come. The task is Herculean.


#160    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,051 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 16 May 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yes well I agree. Totally actually. Something else happens when a conciousness being can now predict and be aware of the future to a degree. The Past then starts to be dependent on the future. Surprising this is exactly what quantum physics tells us with the delayed choice quantum eraser.
How does a conscious being predict the future?


#161    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,051 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 19 May 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

So I gues quite a number of respected scientists that do not cow toe to the established doctrine are just ignorant and deluted? Your ill mannered flameing only points to your own faults. I guess it's soooooooo dangerous. Actually it is. The dogma that exists does threaten their careers and reputations. At least we have progressed from burning people with new ideas at the stake.... But not that far I'm afraid. Scientist that start to learn  and understand then express a new paradime are symbolically and professionally burned. I think there is change in the wind however.  
Thankfully science values evidence and experimentation far more than Seeker's opinion. If it was your way, anything "wacky" in your opinion would be thrown out, no matter how much evidence supports it.


#162    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

    New life

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amniotic fluid of consfious life

  • Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

Mr. Rlyeh, evidence and experimentation are important. But do you imply that they are the only things science should value at all? What about new, even absurd-sounding points of view? Do you dismiss them as absurd if you dont find enough evidence and the experimentation fails?

Those who form hypothesis can be ahead of their time or take a wrong step. What do you call an incomplete formula of physics laws? A misunderstanding of the world. It's through those incomplete hypothesis that we keep burning in order to give way for new and more accurate hypotheses in sciences.

View Postvoiceofreason, on 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Really think about this one. There are seven billion of us. Just how big is this book. Imagine sitting down to write a book about the lives of everyone living, dead and yet to come. The task is Herculean.

Akashic Records, or the Book of Life. It's said that the sensitive (everyone) can read it, but like the apple guy misunderstood the laws of physics, many people read them through their "mental sunglasses", coloring them and blurring them with their own selfish intentions and views of the world. We wear those same sunglasses in our material lives.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#163    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,070 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 23 May 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

How does a conscious being predict the future?
Quite simply actually. Tomorrow I will wake up, take a pee. Play with the baby while my wide takes a shower, while she is getting for work I will make breakfast. We will eat together as a family minus my four year old who will still be sleeping. I will mess with the kids, get some accounting done on my computer, then at noon I will pick up my six year old from school. Then me, my six year old, and my four year old will go get something to eat and eat it in the park. While they play I will be messing with a rock and a new dead fall trigger I had a dream about, and I will probably mess with my I phone intermittently arguing with you good folks. ...... I could go on. I don't expect much deviation from that.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#164    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,070 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 23 May 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Thankfully science values evidence and experimentation far more than Seeker's opinion. If it was your way, anything "wacky" in your opinion would be thrown out, no matter how much evidence supports it.
There is evidence.... And dogma
Shall I point to the scientific papers or can you find them?

http://www.unexplain...0


"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#165    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,070 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 21 May 2012 - 06:42 AM, said:

You dead right on one thing: 21st century, and still there are people with stoneage caveman mentality, medieval superstitions and blind beliefs - THATS beyond my comprehension.

Uuuuugggggaaaaa booggga. Me want you see how not smart you words.  Follow above path to moving picture. Dogma no good for science . You no skeptic... You cynic and pseudoskeptic.  But you prob no watch.... You scared.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users