Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#5851    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Some other notable debunkers who made a fool of themselves-

"What, sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you, excuse me, I have not the time to listen to such nonsense"
-Napoleon Bonaparte, when told of Robert Fulton's steamboat

"You ain't going nowhere, son. You ought to go back to driving a truck"
-Jim Denny, manager of the Grand Ole Opry to Elvis Presley 1954

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done research on... The bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives"
-Adm. William D. Leahy advising Pres. Truman on the atomic bomb 1944

Edited by Crikey, 29 January 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#5852    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,705 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postseeder, on 29 January 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

No zoser, its YOUR problem. You're the one who has issues with bumps on rocks. Get a life!   So - talking about constructions thousands of miles and even years apart, we find the polygonal style of building in other places such as Japan, Italy, and the Med...just to name a few.

THE SAME STYLE OF BUILDING! Got that?

so what?

Why is it hard to imagine that humans, even separated by distance and time, would think similarly based on simple environmental observations, like the structural integrity or logistics of any given construction method?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5853    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,705 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostCrikey, on 29 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

"What, sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you, excuse me, I have not the time to listen to such nonsense"

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done research on... The bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives"

You forgot one...

"I don't know how it was done so it must have been aliens!"
-Any Ancient Astronauts proponent you would care to talk to.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5854    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostLilly, on 29 January 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

...I gather you haven't taken much science...'

Who me? I got College of Preceptors exam passes in General Science and Advanced Science and worked in a physics lab!
We physicists don't pull our punches.. ;)

"I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds"- Bhagavad Gita quoted by Dr Robert Oppenheimer

(PS- Lily you say in your profile that you like things odd/paranormal, good for you, I might post an account of my possible UFO close encounter/abduction one day and ask your opinion; i've already posted it at other forums and websites)

Edited by Crikey, 29 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#5855    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,397 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostCrikey, on 29 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Who me? I got College of Preceptors exam passes in General Science and Advanced Science and worked in a physics lab!
We physicists don't pull our punches..;)

"I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds"- Bhagavad Gita quoted by Dr Robert Oppenheimer

Wonderful, then you know the difference between a theory and a hypothesis. The "ancient alien theory" can scarcily be called a theory and it's not supported in the manner it needs to be to be called such.

Oh, and the dismissive 'nay-sayers' you mentioned (those who refused to look at any evidence and have little knowledge of scientific principles involved) really do not make a very good analogy for the issues being discussed here. The evidence for the ancient alien hypothesis does not even remotely reach the level of evidence science had for steam locomotion or the atomic bomb.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#5856    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostCrikey, on 29 January 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

The difference with what is happening here is that these people were proven wrong in their skepsis.

I still have to see that happen here.

#5857    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

We physicists don't pull our punches.. ;)

(PS- Lily you say in your profile that you like things odd/paranormal, good for you, I might post an account of my possible UFO close encounter/abduction one day and ask your opinion; i've already posted it at other forums and websites)

As long as you don't start again about your, ahem, ((((INCREDIBLE WORKOUTS !!!)))).

#5858    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,163 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 29 January 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

The problem with you and many arm chair skeptics who assume something is false first and you base your opinion on popular culture. I call debunkers on these type of forums crank debunkers for that very reason. It's not a bad thing to keep an open mind and not be angered over something that challeges conventional orthodoxy type thinking. The Universe may not revolve around the human race. We may not be all that important in the scheme of things.

Hold on a minute. Skeptics dont necessarily 'assume' something is false first. But the older/more seasoned  skeptics tend to see the same subjects over and over, and if and when a subject is presented that a skeptic has looked into before...he/she can 'then' make an instant statement thats its a load of  baloney

Skeptics are the ones who consider someones enthusiastic ideas, (in this case ancient aliens building structures or helping man to do it), who then look at the presented evidence and try to establish if there is any merit to the idea. And any decent skeptic does many times the leg work of someone who just posts pics and vids that impressed them.

Its a bit like the youtube vid, where a little girl comes rushing into her father and screams theres a BIG snake outside Daddy!. The obviously mature/wiser father smiles gently and takes the girl by the hand to show him where the snake is.... and it turns out to be a small worm only.  In this example we can see in action...that what a child screams at and calls a snake...is in fact only a harmless worm.

Yet it was enough to create a big feeling in the girl who only SAW IT AS A SNAKE, to start with!!

And so it is with skeptics. You says ITS ALIENS....and we just take a look and say... no no no.. Its something else....

Sometimes the ability to separate feeling from facts - is a priceless virtue to have. Believers dont need much convincing do they? Because they have primed themselves to see what they have been looking for, and rationality/common sense, to a believer, is thrown out the window.

Believers see the snake! We have a look and see its just a worm!

BUT all us skeptics will agree on one thing: We want to know the truth!!  Id love to know about aliens, but common sense and rationality, and experience and research over the 'years' tends to leave you in a place where there are no facts about ancient aliens, because there is - no evidence of aliens to start with

It wasnt a skeptic who started this thread....

But perhaps more tellingly is the fact that....just about every conversation on this thread has its roots in a semi-fictional tv series about the AA.

Its a bit like discussing if Doctor Who is real - just because its been on the telly.

Edited by seeder, 29 January 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5859    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,163 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostCrikey, on 29 January 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Ha ha, and  i call them "Ughs" because no matter what daring groundbreaking new theory comes up, they instantly try to debunk it like neanderthals cowering in the security of their dark caves afraid of lightning bolts.. :)

"Ugh...we afraid...ugh...gods are angry...ugh..."

Sadly no-one has ever proposed any daring ground breaking new theories. The theories discussed as I said before, can be traced back to Von Daniken mostly, and maybe others like him.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5860    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,163 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 29 January 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

But what do you know about UFOs and the evidence that is out there? That's the problem.

and what do YOU know? Bring some evidence to the table and we shall look at it. Evidence mind you, not stories off some dubious UFO website. Or cranky vids from youtube.

Bring us some hard evidence please?

But knowing in advance you cannot do so...That's the problem, as you quite rightly say

#5861    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,163 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

We physicists don't pull our punches..

And you are not working at the moment with such qualifications? And you also believe ufos pick signals up from ancient rocks that we allegedly cannot test to know if they release signals or energy... :no:  And you also get barred from religious forums and talk to witches on other forums..

Ok crikey, enough said

#5862    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Remember fans, in my breathtakingly exciting theories and speculations I often include the words "possibly", "maybe", "perhaps" etc to remind people that I'm not claiming them to be true, and that I'm simply offering them for enlightened FUN debate and discussion.
In other words I'm saying I DON'T KNOW if they're true, but let's have FUN discussing them, otherwise what's UM for?
"The universe is wider than our views of it"- Henry David Thoreau (1817 –1862)

The most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom is- "I do not know"- Mr Data

Edited by Crikey, 29 January 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#5863    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 January 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Why is it hard to imagine that humans, even separated by distance and time, would think similarly based on simple environmental observations, like the structural integrity or logistics of any given construction method?

Because the nodules evident on the stonework in Peru and Egypt serve no discernible construction purpose.

It's no good pretending that they do.  They don't.  If you think they do please state the purpose.

Posted Image

#5864    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postseeder, on 29 January 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

No zoser, its YOUR problem. You're the one who has issues with bumps on rocks. Get a life!   So - talking about constructions thousands of miles and even years apart, we find the polygonal style of building in other places such as Japan, Italy, and the Med...just to name a few.

THE SAME STYLE OF BUILDING! Got that?

so what?

If that helps you sleep at night then fine.

It won't however help you to reveal the truth; and I think you know that.

If you can find it on any other granite constructions in the Med, in Malta, Rome, Greece or anywhere else to prove that it could be a by product of this type of construction then I would be interested.

As far as I can see this is unique to the two areas.  That is highly significant and lends strong support to the hypothesis of this thread.

It links Peru and Egypt culturally (although I hate the word) and timescale wise.

And that for Archaeology must be a problem.

Edited by zoser, 29 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#5865    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 January 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

Any counter theories yet? You've had ample time.

Hmmm, I didn't think so.

My theory is clear.  

If you are not sure what that is it's here:

http://www.unexplain...50#entry4641765

So I would ask you back; any reason why the nodules appear on granite blocks in both Peru and Egypt when they serve no construction purpose?

Edited by zoser, 29 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image