Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pope Benedict begins trip to Lebanon

middle east pope lebanon religion

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,928 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Is the timing of this visit very opportune or extremely unfortunate: It depends on his capacity to maintain an unbiased peaceful stance in the face of current sentiment

http://religion.blog...ence/?hpt=hp_t1

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

Sounds pretty stupid to me. What is to be accomplished. My god can beat up your god type bs.  If Pope goes boom we have an issue. Could the pope be another sacrifitial lamb.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

One of three things will result of this:
Nothing at all - most likely.
He gets assassinated - Scariest.
Peace breaks out/negotiations ensure that eventually lead to peace - least likely and most likely to prove God actually exists.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,975 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

I hope the guy can be protected.  The trip probably should have been postponed.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

He could have delivered a message of peace from Rome. It takes only an opportune moment and a few fanatics or terrorists for the whole situation to explode and deteriorate even more. It is not risky just for the Pope, but for the whole region, and beyond, as well.

Edited by meryt-tetisheri, 15 September 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#6    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

He could have delivered a message of peace from Rome. It takes only an opportune moment and a few fanatics or terrorists for the whole situation to explode and deteriorate even more. It is not risky just for the Pope, but for the whole region, and beyond, as well.

Ya war over a make believe something. Who if the bigger fool the one who leads or the one who follows

#7    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

I don't see why the Pope should be unbiased on anything. He's the Pope, the lead guy of the Catholics. Unbiased my booty.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#8    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostHasina, on 15 September 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

I don't see why the Pope should be unbiased on anything. He's the Pope, the lead guy of the Catholics. Unbiased my booty.

to create conflict. It's planned to do just that. Harmoney would not benifit either side as a war of faith means souls not lives.

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Saying "stop fighting, give peace a chance" is easy when you're not in danger.
Jesus didn't stay in Bethlehem, he went where God called him to, obviously the same is true for His Holiness.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,928 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

How interesting, just watching CNN and what is being portrayed is that Benedict is encouraging the continuing message that "democracy and theocracy do not mix" - and "only within a secular run state can true freedom of religion be expressed by all faiths".

I have had cause to think very little of Benedict in past years - which makes this progression all the more outstanding.

Reference: The Brief, CNN.

Edited by libstaK, 15 September 2012 - 10:29 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

yes, because the head of state who just happens to be the head of a religon followed by millions of people is exactly the sort of person who should be talking about keeping theocrcy out of politcs...

Only I will remain.

#12    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Aye, he had the cheek to call for an end to religious fundamentalism. :D

#13    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 15 September 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Saying "stop fighting, give peace a chance" is easy when you're not in danger.
Jesus didn't stay in Bethlehem, he went where God called him to, obviously the same is true for His Holiness.

Yes, and Peter went back to Rome to be crucified, but in both cases armies, drones & explosives weren't involved. What do you expect the reaction of the Maronites would be if something happens to the Pope during his visit? Lebanon will ignite in minutes, there could be violance,destruction & lives would be lost!  When Jesus was arrested he told his disciple to put away his sword, circumstances are different and so will be the consequences.

For some fanatical people the Vatican is an imaginary Christian power, to deliver a message that theocracy and democracy do not mix, at the time when their power and influence is on the rise will be regarded by them as nothing less than a challenge brought to them at their door step.

#14    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,254 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 15 September 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

yes, because the head of state who just happens to be the head of a religon followed by millions of people is exactly the sort of person who should be talking about keeping theocrcy out of politcs...

That was awesome lol

Theocracy is a form of government in which official policy is governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group

nope don't see an opposing religion having an issue with this LOL

#15    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Oh well,the " End of Days " lobby will be busy flicking through the collection of stories known as the Bible to see where this fits into their phrophecy...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

Also tagged with middle east, pope, lebanon, religion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users