Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police snatch baby from home

F3SS

This is insanely outrageous. I really don't know what to say it's so messed up. I'd have gone to jail for sure. I'd have never let go. Could this man have been justified in physically fighting considering: Entering without a warrant, stealing my kid. Do these CPS services need nothing but heresy to steal kids? I always thought at least an investigation would be in order before busting down your door with cops and snatching your kid.

Edit: couldn't see the video on the tablet. I'll have to view it tomorrow. Let me know if the video contradicts the story at all.

'I'M GOING TO GRAB YOUR BABY, AND DON'T RESIST': COPS BARGE INTO CALI. PARENTS' HOME, TAKE THEIR BABY AFTER THEY SEEK 2ND MEDICAL OPINION — AND IT'S ON VIDEO

A California couple had their five-month-old baby "snatched" by police after they took the infant to get a second opinion on a medical procedure, they claim.

Anna and Alex Nikolayev are described as loving parents who took their baby, who has a heart murmur, to Sutter Memorial Hospital in Sacramento when he started exhibiting flu-like symptoms. The family has undergone plenty of doctor visits in the last five months for the their son's heart, and were unsettled by the treatment he was receiving.

Continued... http://www.theblaze....d-its-on-video/

• Like 5

And the sad part is no one will do anything about it :unsure2:

Well they do have a lawyer at least but that won't change whatever policies made this happen unless it gains and sustains national and outraged attention for a long time. That is, assuming the story is what it is. It's a shame these people fled Russia to land in this mess. Hope they don't hate America for this. Americans are on their side.

• Like 1

Americans are on their side.

Until the next episode of dancing with the stars is on... :no:

• Like 6

This can't/mustn't go unnoticed. You're probably right though.

• Like 2

the impact on the child hasnt been mentioned. Horrible behavior by CPS regardless.

• Like 2

And the nurse too! Pleading ignorance as to what drugs she's giving an infant or anybody for that matter.

• Like 3

the impact on the child hasnt been mentioned. Horrible behavior by CPS regardless.

Hopefully this will end for the better before the kid's ever aware or at least old enough to remember.

• Like 1

No, they don't need an investigation, all they need is hearsay and I know this for a fact as we are currently going through it with my grand daughter.

The warning here is, be careful who you p*** off, because they can do anything they want and there is NOTHING you can do about it, except jump through every hoop they put in front of you, until they have had enough. You can be the best parent in the world and all it takes is one phone call from someone with a grudge.

• Like 3

That's outrageous.

I'm left wondering if the fact the parents came from Russia and spoke with a Russian accent factored into how this all played out somehow.

I know you can't go by pictures alone, but in the photographs they appear to be very loving parents. And if they felt they had anything they needed to hide regarding the situation, or if they didn't care for their child, they certainly wouldn't be doing T.V. interviews discussing all of this.

• Like 1

No, they don't need an investigation, all they need is hearsay and I know this for a fact as we are currently going through it with my grand daughter.

The warning here is, be careful who you p*** off, because they can do anything they want and there is NOTHING you can do about it, except jump through every hoop they put in front of you, until they have had enough. You can be the best parent in the world and all it takes is one phone call from someone with a grudge.

Sorry to hear that. I hope things get better.

It's really sad that parents have no rights whatsoever anymore. I wish there was something that could be done about this. CPS is out of control, and has been for quite sometime now. There needs to be a law that states that CPS CANNOT remove ANY child from the parents unless there is PHYSICAL IRREFUTABLE PROOF that the child IS being abused/neglected. NOT someones hearsay. And to come into your house without a WARRANT?! This is against the fourth amendment!

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THESE A-HOLES! :angry:

Sorry, I will calm down now. This story just really upsets and angers me.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

And this case does not even need religious beliefs not to have faith in the system! The nurse did not know what medicine she was giving the child??!!

Every parent has a right to know what is being given to their child, and if the system does not think so,,then serious changes have to be made, this is a classic case of "we are the professionals and you will do exactly what we say, even if we do not have a clue ourselves".

• Like 3

That is appalling!! They would have had to physically drag my kids from my arms. It's unbelievable that they can get away with that!!

• Like 2

That is appalling!! They would have had to physically drag my kids from my arms. It's unbelievable that they can get away with that!!

Thats exactly it, they do not even think they can, they can!

• Like 1

And yet Child Protective fails to save children like this one.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2009/03/state_finishes_report_into_tre.html

Unfortunately that's the county where I reside in the article.

• Like 2

http://www.syracuse....t_into_tre.html

Social Services Commissioner Frances Lanigan said she has read the new report but declined to discuss it, saying that the state has barred local officials from discussing it publicly.

===============================================================

They decide?? its about time the public stood up and told these people that they are not in charge!!

ps: anyone notice the adverts which are popping up on this thread? for child protection.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

well, now you know how to deal with those, nasty annoing neighbour kids, that throw stuff over the fence, tease your dog, and do other stupid s...t, and their nosy parents, just give cps an anonimus tip that the kid is being abused.

Edited by aztek

Social Services Commissioner Frances Lanigan said she has read the new report but declined to discuss it, saying that the state has barred local officials from discussing it publicly.

===============================================================

They decide?? its about time the public stood up and told these people that they are not in charge!!

Yep. We ALL need to stand up together, and say enough is enough. This type of c**** is just UNACCEPTABLE in America. We need to put a stop to it. Your kids ARE YOURS. Not the governments. Not the communities. YOURS.

• Like 3

Yep. We ALL need to stand up together, and say enough is enough. This type of c**** is just UNACCEPTABLE in America. We need to put a stop to it. Your kids ARE YOURS. Not the governments. Not the communities. YOURS.

Absolutely, but in reason. There are still children out there who are getting abused, shame the "professionals" do not know the difference.

• Like 1

Absolutely, but in reason. There are still children out there who are getting abused, shame the "professionals" do not know the difference.

Your right. It's a shame that CPS harasses parents who are perfectly good parents (like in the article) but when a child is REALLY being abused and/or neglected they do NOTHING.

What about those parents that used "prayer" to heal their child, and the child died. This was the SECOND time this had happened. They had one child who died before because they used "prayer". Where was CPS?

There needs to be a law instituted saying CPS can't take a child away unless they have PROOF (Undeniable proof that could stand up in a court of law) that the child is being abused/neglected. There needs to be a line in the sand with these people. There needs to be some type of protection for families and parents so children aren't taken away and families aren't broken up for no reason.

These things can have HORRIBLE pyschological damage to the child and the parents. I don't think these idiots realize this.

• Like 1

http://www.syracuse....t_into_tre.html

Biff,

Didn't know you were from that area. My wife and I lived in Homer/Cortland up until last year when we moved to the Albany area.

I remember the Maxwell trial well. Absolutely gut wrenching to see the conditions in which she lived and the miserable excuses for "parents" that she had.

As to the OP, I kind of hate commenting on these types of stories based on first reports as many times there is more that is not known, but why does it always seem that the system creates nightmares for good parents trying to make good decisions for their children, but yet fails kids like Erin Maxwell?

• Like 2

I've called CPS (for good reasons which I wont go into) and they started an investigation. They wern't going to take the child away, however the mother was unable to care for the child at that time so they had no choice but to take the child. They where going to return the child until certain things happened. Anyway it's my understanding that the mother has yet to get her child back, other then a weekly visit. And this was in the summer last year.

Some people do call CPS because they dislike someone and they want to **** with them. However they do serve a purpose and everyone of them who I've dealt with hasn't been combative and the Police have never been involved.

Now as a father myself of a five month old baby, I can not even fathom what those two are going through. CPS Serves a purpose, they just don't snatch babies and kids in the night because they feel like it. Obviously someone from the hospital that they left called and was providing the 'neglect' evidence. I can see the judge returning the child as they went right to another hospital.

~Thanato

They got their baby back. Court ruled in parents favor.

Baby returned to parents after mix-up over ‘neglect’

it does not say if the police are going to barge their way into the homes of those who instigated this and arrest them for complete utter stupidity and not having a clue what they are doing as supposed professionals in their jobs as well as putting the parents through this hell? .................cos it could happen again if they get away with this!

• Like 2