Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flouride/Water Fluoridation

Coffey

[media=]

[/media]

2 things more I'd like to add to this:

1, A pea sized bit of toothpaste (with fluoride) is the equivalent to a glass of fluoridated tap water and on the toothpaste tube it clearly says that if you swallow the toothpaste then seek medical help/contact a poison control center right away.

Evidence:

swallowed.jpg

So why is it OK to drink it? But you are considered "poisoned" if you swallow the same amount in toothpaste?!

2, Unlike point 1 which is a fact, point 2 might well be a myth and it's hard to find evidence for it. Supposedly Hitler/The Nazi's put fluoride in the water supply of the German people before he started his campaign. The reasons where that it made the population more susceptible to his ideology. They also supposedly put it in the Ghetto's and the death camps. Now Some Historians claim this to be absurd and that there is no evidence, but they also don't see a problem with fluoride being in the water supply etc, which is proven to be harmful. So take that however you want to. (supposedly the Soviets did the same in their POW camps)

What are your views and do you drink tap water with fluoride in it?

I personally use non fluoride toothpaste and I know my local water supply does not have fluoride in it.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

*snip*

I don't like the fact that fluoride is added to drinking water, however I don't buy into the "mind control" aspects of it. I believe it should be my choice and not have "big brother" dictate what goes into my body.

The warning on toothpaste says "if more than a normal amount" is swallowed that would be significantly more than you are consuming in drinking water. Warnings such as that are usually there, at least in part, to minimize legal liability to the manufacturer. I expect what they have in mind there is if a child were to "drink" most of a tube of toothpaste...which unfortunately is quite common.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Deleted redundant quote
  • Like 2

*snip*

Look up Texas Teeth and tell me how these folks aren't dead if fluoride in drinking water is so "deadly"?

Once you do that, give this a listen:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4058

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Deleted redundant quote

I don't like the fact that fluoride is added to drinking water, however I don't buy into the "mind control" aspects of it. I believe it should be my choice and not have "big brother" dictate what goes into my body.

The warning on toothpaste says "if more than a normal amount" is swallowed that would be significantly more than you are consuming in drinking water. Warnings such as that are usually there, at least in part, to minimize legal liability to the manufacturer. I expect what they have in mind there is if a child were to "drink" most of a tube of toothpaste...which unfortunately is quite common.

I must agree. I am skeptical of the mind control angle, but if it turned out to be true, I would not be surprised.

I've been exposed to so much of it over the years that I must be somehow "flouridated." Nowadays I try to avoid it by using the right toothpaste and drinking the right water.

I feel it's a violation really.

I get that aspect, but consider how much tap water people are told to drink in a day, then consider how much fluoride that is.

Also take into consideration how you are brushing it onto your gums which is actually the quickest way for something to enter your blood stream. People do this to quickly test drugs like cocaine.

I don't believe it's mind control, but it is also found in most anti depressants. (mostly the ones referred to as "downers" for calming people) So I wouldn't say "mind control". Just making people docile and susceptible, reduces free thinking.

Look at the IQ thing in the video as well.

Look up Texas Teeth and tell me how these folks aren't dead if fluoride in drinking water is so "deadly"?

Once you do that, give this a listen:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4058

He just says the exact thing that the video and others says is a lie. It's a link to a site specifically for skeptics. Also you mention Texas? The most patriotic and susceptible state in the US to the government?! Doesn't really help your argument. LOL

I must agree. I am skeptical of the mind control angle, but if it turned out to be true, I would not be surprised.

I've been exposed to so much of it over the years that I must be somehow "flouridated." Nowadays I try to avoid it by using the right toothpaste and drinking the right water.

I covered the "mind control" bit in my other reply^

It's weird but I used to live in Birmingham UK where the water has fluoride in it and it was when I moved to Noriwch UK which doesn't have fluoride int he water that I started to "think" more about stuff, then when I changed to non fluoride toothpaste it has made even more of a difference.

I do think that isn't a coincidence.

• Like 3

I don't see it being a big deal. Personally think since most already use toothpaste we should end it just to save the money. Otherwise gets a big 'meh' from me.

As for swallowing toothpaste as a kid I use to eat some of it because I liked the taste. I'm still alive and not mind controled.

I get that aspect, but consider how much tap water people are told to drink in a day, then consider how much fluoride that is.

We aren't told specifically to drink tap water. We are told to drink water with no specification regarding its origins. Here in the US most people probably drink bottled water.

We aren't told specifically to drink tap water. We are told to drink water with no specification regarding its origins. Here in the US most people probably drink bottled water.

a lot of bottled water has fluoride added. check the labels.

I have to ask the question... with so many people drinking glasses and glasses of this poison every day, why do we live longer now then we ever have in all of recorded human history?

why, I drank some today!

Here in the US most people probably drink bottled water.

I suspect that is absolutely false.

It's weird but I used to live in Birmingham UK where the water has fluoride in it and it was when I moved to Noriwch UK which doesn't have fluoride int he water that I started to "think" more about stuff, then when I changed to non fluoride toothpaste it has made even more of a difference.

I do think that isn't a coincidence.

I think you are just highly susceptible to suggestion.

Also you mention Texas? The most patriotic and susceptible state in the US to the government?! Doesn't really help your argument. LOL

Right, I mean, we all see how much texans love Obama and how they are HUGE fans of big government...

What are your views and do you drink tap water with fluoride in it?
its not just tap water.

you also have to factor in other stuff that you drink and eat, juices, beer, watery food etc. where were they bottled?

chances are you are drinking fluoride.

• Like 1

As for swallowing toothpaste as a kid I use to eat some of it because I liked the taste. I'm still alive and not mind controled.

Well yes you are alive, but then that doesn't make a difference if we where talking about population control and it would mean you are a lucky one. lol I never mentioned killing people though.

I also never mentioned mind control but then you couldn't prove you are not under "mind control". lol

However I am guessing you do buy things that are advertised and follow the views of what the media and the goverment says without really questioning it yes?

its not just tap water.

you also have to factor in other stuff that you drink and eat, juices, beer, watery food etc. where were they bottled?

chances are you are drinking fluoride.

Yeah sorry I never mentioned that, was jsut more concerned about something you don't have a choice in. You can choose to buy those things tap water is different. But you are correct.

how would you know?

Given that I don't have an unquestioned love for all things government I think it's safe to say I'm ok.

my kids were singled out at school because i refused the flouride treatment they had implemented. we used flouride toothpaste, our city water was flouridated, so i didn't see the point.

this was in the late 1980s - it seemed they were force feeding these treatments in schools across the province where i lived, perhaps even over the entire country, i'm not sure.

it bothered me then, and this sort of stuff still bothers me.

• Like 1

Well yes you are alive, but then that doesn't make a difference if we where talking about population control and it would mean you are a lucky one. lol I never mentioned killing people though.

I also never mentioned mind control but then you couldn't prove you are not under "mind control". lol

However I am guessing you do buy things that are advertised and follow the views of what the media and the goverment says without really questioning it yes?

If the goal is population control they're doing a p*** poor job of it. Plenty of kids being born with no signs of it stopping throught secret shadowy means.

Yes I buy things, some of which as advertised...just like every single person on the planet. No matter what product you buy it would have been advertised at some point. However I don't let advertments rule my buying habits. I tend to view most ads as dumb and a few down right insulting.

And you'd be wrong on accepting the media and government without question. There's plenty of bias and spin there. However I tend to find them better sources than some of the paranoid blogs and websites that are brought up around here at times.

• Like 3

this was in the late 1980s - it seemed they were force feeding these treatments in schools across the province where i lived, perhaps even over the entire country, i'm not sure.

"Force Feeding?"

Really? They were force feeding children flouride?

Did men with guns come to your house when you opted out of these treatments (which I've never heard of) and hold your kids down and give them fluoride?

Here's a tip: if you have a good point, (and maybe you do) don't ruin it with hyperbole, unless you are clear that you are being ironic or sarcastic.

• Like 1

"Force Feeding?"

Really? They were force feeding children flouride?

Did men with guns come to your house when you opted out of these treatments (which I've never heard of) and hold your kids down and give them fluoride?

Here's a tip: if you have a good point, (and maybe you do) don't ruin it with hyperbole, unless you are clear that you are being ironic or sarcastic.

miind your own business about how i express myself. if you don't like it, ignore me.

• Like 7

In 1993, my school was also force feeding us into the flouride program. I don't know if this is still continued today.

• Like 3

In 1993, my school was also force feeding us into the flouride program. I don't know if this is still continued today.

and by force feeding i'm sure you mean the same as i did.

in the schools i'm referring to it was passed off as a mandatory part of being a student there. like getting polio vaccines and tuberculosis testing was also mandatory.

when i refused there was a big to-do about it and my kids were really put on the spot in the class.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

The fluoride issue is one we are voting on tomorrow. It has never been an issue until about 6 months ago and then suddenly we had special interest groups pushing for it. I'm voting no, if for no other reason than fluoride is easily accessible to those who want it. It shouldn't be forced on everyone including those that don't.

• Like 5

If the concern is tooth decay, I would think that flouride toothpaste and/or fluoride treatments are adequate. Heck, you get even mouthwash with fluoride. All of these you spit out.

I seen no need at all to have it in water for injestion.

• Like 6

Our community was due to have fluoride added to the water in September, but it was successfully stopped.

The public outcry was enormous ,the reason why is because rates were to be increased as it is expensive

to fluorinate water .There was alot of people saying that its poison and such, trying to scare people to oppose it

with little effect, as soon as it was revealed rates would increase everybody opposed it.

Lol poisoning for free is o.k but when ya have to pay,,,,,revolution ensues.

• Like 1

Given that I don't have an unquestioned love for all things government I think it's safe to say I'm ok.

well you had me fooled. I've never seen you question any mainstream message on this conspiracy forum. what subservient issue do you question? Edited by Little Fish