Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Every bomb dropped on London during The Blitz

the blitz london bomb map jisc

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

View Post747400, on 08 December 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

The Russians contributed quite a bit as well.

East front was main German front. Any student of history knows that. Same as China was main Japanese front. Around 80% of Japanese soldiers were in China.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#17    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

View Postthe L, on 08 December 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

You have to ask yourself how did the Nazists loose?

Russian winter/Soviet manpower
Loss of air superiority after the Battle of Britain
Entry of US in 1942
Hitler's failure to heed his Generals (In particular Rommel, Guderian and von Manstein, and relying too much on the likes of Goering, Keitl and Dietrich)
Lack of raw materials (especially oil) after the failure to occupy the Caucasus

There are more, but IMO those are some of the main ones.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#18    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

View Postealdwita, on 08 December 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Russian winter/Soviet manpower
Loss of air superiority after the Battle of Britain
Entry of US in 1942
Hitler's failure to heed his Generals (In particular Rommel, Guderian and von Manstein, and relying too much on the likes of Goering, Keitl and Dietrich)
Lack of raw materials (especially oil) after the failure to occupy the Caucasus

There are more, but IMO those are some of the main ones.

Thats what offical history tell us. Personally I think that Rommel (when you mentioned him) is unbelivebly amazing figure. I hope that one day we will see movie about him.
All you mentioned plus many other complex factors. I like to think that Soviets can be thankfull to have had Zhukov which brilliance put dot on "i" on east front (Russian west). The death of Mr.56 took genious from Pacific front.

Then you have other side of medal story. German side. Japan side. Which is different then ours. Ofcourse they teach in school same as we because they must. But among people there are all kind of stories.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#19    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Rommel movie (It's a bit old, but quite accurate)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043461/

One of the most basic mistakes that the invading Germans committed, was the treatment of the inhabitants of some of the countries they conquered. In many lands, (especially the Baltic states, southern Russia etc.) the Germans were welcomed by many as liberators from Communism. Had they been treated better, they may well have served as an effective buffer against advancing Soviet troops after Stalingrad (a major turning point in the war IMO)

You are correct though, there were many and complex reasons for the outcome of WWII.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#20    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

View Postealdwita, on 08 December 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

Rommel movie (It's a bit old, but quite accurate)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043461/

One of the most basic mistakes that the invading Germans committed, was the treatment of the inhabitants of some of the countries they conquered. In many lands, (especially the Baltic states, southern Russia etc.) the Germans were welcomed by many as liberators from Communism. Had they been treated better, they may well have served as an effective buffer against advancing Soviet troops after Stalingrad (a major turning point in the war IMO)

You are correct though, there were many and complex reasons for the outcome of WWII.

Thanks mate. I didnt new about movie.
I believe that Germany did loose a war and German people. But that Nazists didnt loose war at all. I think it was a deal they all get away in south America.

Edited by the L, 08 December 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#21    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

My grandfather was a young boy during the War and he remembers looking out of the window at home and seeing an eerie orange glow in the night sky along the horizon.

It was Manchester ablaze.

For some reason he was never evacuated to the relative safety of the countryside like millions of other British children and like two of my other grandparents.

Posted Image
Manchester's Piccadilly ablaze on the night of 22nd/23rd December 1940.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 09 December 2012 - 06:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users