Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA asteroid retrieval mission on the cards

Saru

There are indications that NASA's next budget will include $100 million for a new asteroid mission.

NASA's budget request for the 2014 fiscal year may include plans for an ambitious mission to send a robotic probe into deep space, capture an asteroid and haul it back within the reach of astronaut explorers, according to a press report.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

outstanding, this is what being human is all about, reaching out and going further and harder than before, this mission would be absolute mile stone in human history

• Like 1

I couldn't said it better myself BossHog. But will congress let loose the money. If we don't do it someone else will I am sure.

i wonder if you could sponsor it our selves, like them do on thhat site where you can donate monies to get games etc back? but make it world wide so it would truely be international

A hundred million dollars to move a big rock into some orbit where with a nudge it could be caused to hit any point on the earth. I wonder if any other nations will claim the right to do this too.

Look, ma, big hole, no radiation.

There are indications that NASA's next budget will include $100 million for a new asteroid mission.

I see what the guys in the back room are thinking ? what If there really are a few thousand,hundred,ect number of Earth Killer asteriods comming our way that we cant even see ?

Thats the way that the odds makers see it @@ Duck and cover means just that. makes you wonder right ?

Good read Saru .