Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Icelandic Witch interview.

witch iceland spells magic

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I wrote up an article not so long ago about witches:

http://www.themysterybox.org/witches/

I didn't really want to talk about that though. I am very excited about an interview I am going to post on my site in a day or two, when I have finished translating it and such. Anyway I contacted an icelandic witch who claims to have single handedly toppled the icelandic government with a spell or enchantment, there is even video of her doing so or chanting her spell.

I will let you guys know when I post it! :)

Posted Image

#2    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

It's up!

http://www.themyster...w-with-a-witch/

Posted Image

#3    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Whatup hooko22?

OK so there is no evidence to support she was responsible for anything she is claiming - smart witch...

And why did she need a mic & speaker to cast her 'spell' outside the Icelandic government offices rather than chanting quietly to herself? Publicity?

I don't believe a word she's saying...

Posted Image


#4    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 16 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Whatup hooko22?

OK so there is no evidence to support she was responsible for anything she is claiming - smart witch...

And why did she need a mic & speaker to cast her 'spell' outside the Icelandic government offices rather than chanting quietly to herself? Publicity?

I don't believe a word she's saying...

Hey there Tim. Sorry I took so long to reply. Well no there is no evidence, as with most everything that has to do with magic, all in the eye of the beholder I guess. Also why she needed a mic, I think the reason she would give herself is that she wanted to bring the people into the spell, move the crowd so to speak!

Posted Image

#5    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,598 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

Actually it was kind of interesting. Her idea of magic being the ability to alter reality with one's thoughts is not a new concept and is not necessarily "magic".
It is a common concept in the whole new age stuff as well as in many philosophical and religious arenas.

Not bad but again she believes she is doing this and that so..let her. I don't accept her words as truth and I am amused that the interview was even published.


#6    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostRyu, on 23 May 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Actually it was kind of interesting. Her idea of magic being the ability to alter reality with one's thoughts is not a new concept and is not necessarily "magic".
It is a common concept in the whole new age stuff as well as in many philosophical and religious arenas.

Not bad but again she believes she is doing this and that so..let her. I don't accept her words as truth and I am amused that the interview was even published.

Oh why does it amuse you?

Posted Image

#7    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,598 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:24 PM

Because obviously people take it seriously.
I mean the woman is articulate and all but when I look at her I just think she is wasting her intelligence on this.

I certainly mean no offenses, I just have a very different view on these things.

Edited by Ryu, 23 May 2012 - 07:24 PM.


#8    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

View PostRyu, on 23 May 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Because obviously people take it seriously.
I mean the woman is articulate and all but when I look at her I just think she is wasting her intelligence on this.

I certainly mean no offenses, I just have a very different view on these things.

Actually I share your view.

I don't think what she does works at all or has any effect, I don't beleive in magic. However I respect her views as I think you do as well and actually I think her outlook on life is admirable, even though I don't agree with her methods. I am fascinated with everything of mysterious origins even though I don't beleive in it.

Oh and I never took any offense mate, all oppinions and views are welcome.

Posted Image

#9    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,598 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others. -Buddha

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

View Posthooko22, on 23 May 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

Actually I share your view.

I don't think what she does works at all or has any effect, I don't believe in magic. However I respect her views as I think you do as well and actually I think her outlook on life is admirable, even though I don't agree with her methods. I am fascinated with everything of mysterious origins even though I don't believe in it.

Oh and I never took any offense mate, all opinions and views are welcome.

It is true that I do not accept the existence of magic but yeah, I do respect her views and she doesn't get all fluffy-bunny over it.
At least she acknowledges that "magic" is neither good or bad but the intent behind it. Which can be applied to a great many other things as well.

Thanks though.


#10    hooko22

hooko22

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined:05 May 2012

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

View PostRyu, on 23 May 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

It is true that I do not accept the existence of magic but yeah, I do respect her views and she doesn't get all fluffy-bunny over it.
At least she acknowledges that "magic" is neither good or bad but the intent behind it. Which can be applied to a great many other things as well.

Thanks though.

Don't worry about it mate. You made a valuable contribution to the dialog so no need to be saying sorry. :)

Posted Image





Also tagged with witch, iceland, spells, magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users