Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NM bill criminalizes abortion after rape

gop morons

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 25 January 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I don't get it. Can't they run DNA testing on the aborted fetus as evidence of the crime?

It seems having the victim of a sexual assault carry an unwanted and unplanned baby to term, then give birth is ,IMO, just down right cruel. It seems once again the victim is the one being punished.

With idiots like lawyer Brown in power, its no wonder our judicial system is so screwed up.

Funny you should mention that,because yyeesss .DNA of a fetus can be run just as easily ,which shows how messed up this,woman's,agenda is .

Miss me?

#17    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 January 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

And folk accuse the NRA of an all-or-nothing approach to guns - the same can be said about the pro-abortion folks.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

A New Mexico state legislator is under fire for a proposal critics say could lead to felony charges against rape victims seeking an abortion, but the legislator maintains the measure is being misrepresented.

Rep. Cathrynn Brown, a Republican from Carlsbad, said Thursday she will revise the bill, which she said was intended to target perpetrators of rape or incest who try to cover their tracks by forcing their victims to have abortions.

The bill's language states that the crime "shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime."

Although the clause regarding intent would seem to preclude rape victims from being charged, several critics read the bill as possibly including them. Brown said she will clarify the language to remove any ambiguity.

New Mexico's Democratic Party chairman calls it an "atrocious piece of legislation."

Brown is an attorney who sits on the state Legislature's Judiciary Committee. She was not immediately available when contacted Thursday by FoxNews.com.

Uh huh....
Let's see how she ratifies it.
Lets just say i would guess she knew exactly what she was doing,but didn't expect it to make the news.
Here,the news called it a backdoor attempt to make abortion illegal ,and it absolutely implied the victim was the one breaking the law if they got an abortion .

Miss me?

#18    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View Postouija ouija, on 25 January 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

She's labelling a baby 'evidence'!!!! :hmm:
And what happens to the 'evidence' after a trial?
No one knows...maybe she can,take it home and raise it .

Miss me?

#19    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,911 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

wow, what a pasionate fighter for womens rights, lol.

what is next? women will not have a right to say NO.

Edited by aztek, 25 January 2013 - 09:12 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

These are the infringements of the Constitution that us 2nd Amendment nuts are talking about. Put the pieces together and its being shredded. Now we are losing the right to have a say how are own bodies work. In several instances now. Big Soda ban in New York and the big one GMO in food.

#21    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,598 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 January 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

http://usnews.nbcnew...new-mexico?lite

A New Mexico law maker,a woman no less ,wants to pass a bill criminalizing abortion ,after rape or incest ,claiming the baby is evidence of the rape ,ergo ,its destruction of evidence .
She works with pro lifers ,and doesn't say what to do with the unwanted child after its born .

Can we say ,MORON .

One has to wonder if she'd think the same way if SHE was one of the women this bill would affect. This is disgusting.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#22    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,591 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I still can't wrap my head around it even after reading it several times.. Can't they get evidence from things like DNA,  Amino Fluids and things like that.. Why would they need the Baby unless they think the woman is; telling a lie and thus wants to see if the baby has his features. Also, what would happen to the baby after the trial....

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#23    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,598 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostRyinrea, on 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

I still can't wrap my head around it even after reading it several times.. Can't they get evidence from things like DNA,  Amino Fluids and things like that.. Why would they need the Baby unless they think the woman is; telling a lie and thus wants to see if the baby has his features. Also, what would happen to the baby after the trial....

Sounds pretty obvious to me. This is an attempt to circumvent a woman's rights, after having been raped, and forcing her to have the child. Whether she wants it or not. And yes, DNA would be perfect evidence.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 25 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#24    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,331 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

IMO the only motivation there is an attempt to circumvent Roe vs Wade. The anti-abortion people are looking for any method to make any abortion illegal.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#25    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

A women has a right to do what she wants with an unwanted pregnancy regardless. I understand theres an opposing view to this and I get it. But I think legislation like this supports why we need to keep abortion legal. Period.

#26    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,970 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I kind of wonder what's supposed to happen to the kid after it's born too... If it's considered evidence prior to it's birth, shouldn't that then mean that the police should have to take the evidence into their custody? And then what? Or if it isn't considered evidence after birth, why in the eff not, what has changed?

#27    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,787 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

That's the thing matrix. I don't see pro lifers doing their obligation of adoption. My stance is very simple. I am pro choice yet in my home my family has decided we will not abort unless mother and child may die. You see my wife and I made that choice. And if I were arrogant enough to force my own choice on others then I would be obligated to take responsibility for my forcing others to do as I chose. Which means in simple terms if you are pro life take responsibility for your actions and adopt one of the many children in the system. They need good families. If you refuse to try to adopt then there is something terribly wrong with your forcing your opinion on others against their will. I'm not saying abortion as a contraceptive is good or morally sound. But, that's my choice to make and no one has any right to impose that choice on anyone else.
Just to reiterate if your pro life what have you done to take responsibility for your stance? If you have adopted then Im proud of you for being mature and responsible if not?.... then honestly I can't be very proud of you for showing the illusion of caring and morality.

As to the OP ... this is a bad decision on its own merits.

All the above is opinion made by choice. Luckily I have this choice. I choose life but you can live with any decision you make by current law. :)

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,277 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostRyinrea, on 25 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

You got it right.  This is lawyer tactics to confuse the issue.  Technically the fetus is evidence, and technically one cannot destroy evidence.  That the evidence can be gotten other ways is conveniently ignored.

#29    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

New born babies are the easiest and most sought after to adopt, it's the children who were actually wanted by there parents in the first place that make up most of the children in the system. So how about we start letting people kill there unwanted older children?

I would gladly take a child that was born of rape into my family. It is not the child's fault and they should not be killed for it.

Being allowed to murder your unborn/born child has nothing to do with women's rights.

Edited by Betrayal of Humanity, 27 January 2013 - 12:05 PM.

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#30    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,709 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 25 January 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Uh huh....
Let's see how she ratifies it.
Lets just say i would guess she knew exactly what she was doing,but didn't expect it to make the news.
Here,the news called it a backdoor attempt to make abortion illegal ,and it absolutely implied the victim was the one breaking the law if they got an abortion .

But that's not what the proposed law says - see, there's this little word called INTENT written into it.

I'm wiling to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was just a poorly written bill that she has not agreed to rework.  We'll have to wait and see what come of the redo.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users