Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious pair of boots seen in girl's photo

Still Waters

The father of the little girl who starred in a photograph that sent the internet into a frenzy because of a mystery pair of boots has 'no idea' what the object could be.

Martin Springall, 38, photographed his young daughter - who he wished not be named - standing near a rocky outcrop in Zushi, Japan, in July 2014.

http://www.dailymail...NO-ONE-her.html

• Like 5

If you look closely, you can see a piece of blue "shirt" under the girl's arm... clearly someone WAS standing behind her.

• Like 1

The most mysterious aspect of this story is why a 38 year old man has a teenager's hairstyle.

• Like 3

If you look closely, you can see a piece of blue "shirt" under the girl's arm... clearly someone WAS standing behind her.

Yup. Under her left arm.

Naturally when you are taking photos of a particular subject, you tend to be rather oblivious to anything around you including anything that is near or behind the photo subject.

I think the reason you don't clearly see the rest of the person is because it seems he may have been hunched over slightly as if sneezing or something. So as "interesting" as the photo is, I do not see anything spooky or super-natural about it.

What I don't get is why some skeptics (acc to the article) are saying it is a trick of the light or a rocky outcrop? Imo, it is clearly some type of footwear with legs in them.

• Like 2

wow.. those are some mysterious boots!

I think the scary part is the girl having no face... shes like slenderman!

27D8EC6D00000578-0-image-a-5_1429689747760.jpg

Edited by DaiGer
  • Like 4

What I don't get is why some skeptics (acc to the article) are saying it is a trick of the light or a rocky outcrop? Imo, it is clearly some type of footwear with legs in them.

Because skeptics who have no idea what they are talking about love the play the "Its a trick on the mind" or "It's a trick of the light" card, it's a convenient way for them to dismiss something without proof it isn't what it's being claimed to be.

Also, yeah this ones 100% fake.

Because skeptics who have no idea what they are talking about love the play the "Its a trick on the mind" or "It's a trick of the light" card, it's a convenient way for them to dismiss something without proof it isn't what it's being claimed to be.

99% of the time it is a trick of the light or of the brain. Despite the instance of those believers who have no idea what they're talking about.

• Like 3

Boots. This is what we're freaking out about?

It's official: Real life has become a Stephen King novel.

• Like 1

well, the article actually says that skeptics believe it to be a "trick of the flight"

so, birds maybe?

(i know it's a simple typo, but still, it made me giggle)

skeptics dont believe because they dont want people to know that ghosts are real.

as a skeptic, i can verify that this is completely true. we want to keep all of the ghosts to ourselves, so that we can use them in our ghost powered atlantean ufos.

• Like 6

The most mysterious aspect of this story is why a 38 year old man has a teenager's hairstyle.

Lol are you like 60 or something?

as a skeptic, i can verify that this is completely true. we want to keep all of the ghosts to ourselves, so that we can use them in our ghost powered atlantean ufos.

the ghost busters will get you...

the ghost busters will get you...

wait, so is bill murray going to suddenly show up at my door?

now i am scared.

And then there's the other point - those look nothing like the boots worn by the Royal Navy during WWII.

Does the Daily Mail not even try?

wait, so is bill murray going to suddenly show up at my door?

now i am scared.

yeah with the noisy ghost buster car.

Lol are you like 60 or something?

Are you saying that 60 is old?

Come on guys it clearly IS the ghost of a long dead WW2 sailor, What else could it be?

I also agree with this. Those boots like like they come from WW2 military style.