Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

[Archived]Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11638 replies to this topic

#1366    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,709 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

View PostOtharus, on 23 October 2010 - 10:00 AM, said:

Note for those who don't know the Dutch language:

Vrijen still means: to make love
Vrijer = lover
Old spelling for lovemaking: Vryery

It's obvious to me why the Roman catholic empire desperately wanted to annihilate the Old (west) Frisian (Fryic, Fryish, Freeish) culture.

:tu:
O.E. freo "free, exempt from, not in bondage," also "noble, joyful," from P.Gmc. *frijaz (cf. M.H.G. vri, Ger. frei, Du. vrij, Goth. freis "free"), from PIE *prijos "dear, beloved" (cf. Skt. priyah "own, dear, beloved," priyate "loves;" O.C.S. prijati "to help," prijatelji "friend;" Welsh rhydd "free"). The adverb is from O.E. freon, freogan "to free, love." The primary sense seems to have been "beloved, friend, to love;" which in some languages (notably Gmc. and Celtic) developed also a sense of "free," perhaps from the terms "beloved" or "friend" being applied to the free members of one's clan (as opposed to slaves, cf. L. liberi, meaning both "free" and "children"). Cf. Goth. frijon "to love;" O.E. freod "affection, friendship," friga "love," friðu "peace;" O.N. friðr, Ger. Friede "peace;" O.E. freo "wife;" O.N. Frigg "wife of Odin," lit. "beloved" or "loving;" M.L.G. vrien "to take to wife, Du. vrijen, Ger. freien "to woo."

The OLB says Athens was named after the word for friend, atha, not after Athena at all. So I wanted to investigate it.

The word friend, funny enough, melds with your above post where we get to vrijen meaning to woo.

It also means free. The Frisians were Free men. Min-erva brings this subject up:

Then we built a citadel at an hour’s distance from the harbour. By the advice of Min-erva it was called Athens, because, she said, those who come after us ought to know that we are not here by cunning or violence, but were received as friends (âtha). While we were building the citadel the principal personages came to see us, and when they saw that we had no slaves it did not please them, and they gave her to understand it, as they thought that she was a princess. But Min-erva said, How did you get your slaves? They answered, We bought some and took others in war. Min-erva replied, If nobody would buy slaves they would not steal your children, and you would have no wars about it. If you wish to remain our allies, you will free your slaves. The chiefs did not like this, and wanted to drive us away; but the most enlightened of the people came and helped us to build our citadel, which was built of stone.

The Libyans were also Free men apparently, Amazigh meaning freeman, noble or loyal man, as above..."free, exempt from, not in bondage," also "noble,

I can only find vague references to atha in Sanskrit and Irish. It does tally though since the city of Athens is suppose to be plural for cities of friends, as in Athens' - the Atha'ans. (?)

View PostAlewyn, on 23 October 2010 - 03:10 PM, said:

Allow me to add my penny's worth:

1. In Afrikaans, the verb "Vry" means "courting" or "necking" rather than "making love".  In modern usage the latter means to engage in sex.
(eg.  “John vry (na) Jane” (“John is courting Jane”)

2. As a predicative adjective, “Vry” means “Free” as in “Ek is vry” (I am free)

3. As a noun “Vry(heid)” means “Freedom”. (Literally: “Free-ness”; Dutch: Vrijheid”)

The word “Frya” thus means “Free” or “Freedom” and the “Fryan People” means “The Free People”
I agree Alewyn, I made a post same time as you.

Then back in Europe there is Paris, free city.

Edited by The Puzzler, 23 October 2010 - 03:37 PM.

"What's so civil about war anyway?"  - Guns n Roses

#1367    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 23 October 2010 - 03:10 PM, said:

The word “Frya” thus means “Free” or “Freedom”
My feeling is this:

FRY = free* (see below)
FRYA = free-one; someone who is free

FRYDOM => DOM we also find in the word DOMAR

OLB page 40;
"VMBE SEEKUR TO WEESANDE SEND THESA SETMA AND DOMAR MAKAD"
page 42;
"THISSA DOMAR SEND MAKAD FARA NYDIGA MANISKA"
page 43;
"THIS SEND DOMAR FARA HORNINGA"

DOMAR is translated by Jensma as "bepalingen", Sandbach: "regulations".

DOMAR is plural so DOM would be singular (it's the same in Swedish).

The original meaning of FRYDOM does not have to be exactly the same as our "freedom".

* Two relevant phrases of OLB relating to FRY and FRYDOM:

1) page 10 (ODE TO FRYA)

"THA HJA JEEROCH WRDON THA LEERDE HJU HJAM THJU WEERTHA FON THA FRYDOM KANNA.
HWAND SEEIDE HJU.
SVNDER FRYDOM SEND ALLE OTHERA DUUGEDON ALLEENA GOD VMBE JO TO SLAVONA TO MAKJANDE."

Sandbach:
"when they were grown she taught them the value of liberty;
for she said:
without liberty all other virtues serve to make you slaves"

In my opinion this does not really make sense.
I have the feeling that FRYDOM is not exactly the same as "liberty", nor of our nowaday "freedom".
Taking into account the ambiguity of the word FRY in modern languages, with many meanings relating to love,
I would like to coin a theory that FRYDOM has something to do with what we would call (regulations about) sexual freedom or free love.

(This would also explain the religious fanaticism by which the Roman catholic empire has tried to annihilate the Fryish culture for almost 2000 years.)

2) Page 11 (TEX FRYAS)

"THEERA ALLEENA MEEI IK AS FRY KANNA
THEER NEEN SLAF IS FON EN OTHER NI FON SINE TOCHTA"

Sandbach's translation is not very accurate. It says:

"him only can I recognise as free who is neither a slave to another nor to himself"

I don't like Jensma's translation either:
"die alleen kan ik als Fries kennen die geen slaaf is van een ander noch van zijn hartstochten"
=>
"him only can I recognise as Frisian who is neither a slave to another nor to his passions"

The Dutch word "hartstocht", meaning "passion" can be split in two:
harts- = of the heart
-tocht = ... in modern Dutch we only know this word as meaning wind (in a house) => wind of the heart???

I have the feeling that the original meaning of "TOCHTA" is closer to the english "thoughts".

So my improvised translation would be:

"him/her only may I know as free who is no slave of another nor of his/her thoughts"

DISCUSSION
It makes a big difference if you are free of your thoughts (of the mind) or of your passion ('thoughts' of the heart).
In other words: Is someone who is free guided by the mind or by the heart (the feelings or the body)?

Depression is a worldwide epidemic nowadays.
Those people are slaves of their thoughts...
You are free when your mind and body agree.

Edited by Otharus, 23 October 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#1368    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,113 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 23 October 2010 - 05:09 AM, said:

Abe, I know we went over this before, but since you bring it up again I must tell you again (for the benefit of other readers) that the “Middel Sea” in the OLB had nothing to do with the North Sea. The “Middel Sea” was the Mediterranean. Unless you understand the OLB’s geography, you will not understand the book. Herewith some references to the “Middel Sea” in the OLB with my explanations in brackets:

[i]The Book of Adela’s Followers

Chapter XXI
3. Eastward our boundary went to the extremity of the Aster Sea, and westwards to the Middel Sea (Mediterranean); so that besides the small rivers we had twelve large rivers given us by Wr-alda to keep our land moist, and to show our seafaring men the way to his sea.

The Aster Sea is the Baltic - East Sea - (into 'the direction of the morning') in the east, and the Middel Sea is the Middel Sea in Friesland (into 'the direction of the evening'). No way hosee THIS desription could ever mean the Mediterranean because the Mediterranean is in the south.

The number of rivers should give you a clue: between the Baltic and the Mediterranean are a lot more rivers than 12.

You earlier explanation was that it was a mistranslation, and that 'west' should have been 'south'. But in the original these words, west and east are NOT used. That was nothing but an interpretation by Sandbach.

All the other descriptions you posted from the OLB of the topography are more in agreement with the Mediterrenean.

And that is what I have said before: the OLB is crammed to the brim with inconsistencies... as though it was written by more than one person, and some more knowledgable (or simply more clever) than the other.

Now you try to explain to me why the Middel Sea (according to your first quote including the Aster Sea) should be the Mediterranean. If anything, the OLB should have said the Middel Sea was in the direction of NOON, or better, the south. But it didn't.

Edited by Abramelin, 23 October 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#1369    Alewyn

Alewyn

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

In my previous posting (no. 1361), I have shown that the “Middel Sea” in the Oera Linda Book refers to the Mediterranean and not the North Sea as proposed by Abramelin. The next point of disagreement between me and Abramelin concerns the Baltic Sea.

In “Survivors of the Great Tsunami” I stated and showed on my maps that the OLB referred to the Baltic Sea as the “Balda Sea”. By deduction, I further came to the conclusion that the “Aster Sea” in the OLB refers to the Black Sea.

Abramelin pointed out that the Baltic is today known as the East Sea in most Germanic languages, the “Aster Sea” in the OLB means the “East Sea” and therefore, the “Baltic Sea”. I accepted that at the time and stated my agreement with his explanation both privately and in this forum. However, since my agreement with his explanation, it bothered my as to why I called the Black Sea the “Aster Sea” in the first place (I wrote that portion almost 3 years ago). After checking my notes, I decided to stick to my original interpretation that the OLB’s “Aster Sea” is the Black sea.
I would also like to point out that Abe never mentioned the Baltic languages and others (including Latin) that refer to the "Baltic Sea".

The “Balda Sea”

Let us first look at the OLB’s references to the “Balda Sea”:

The Writings of Konered
Chapter II
9. After the great flood of which my father wrote an account, there came many Juttar and Letne out of the Balda or Kuade Sea (Baltic Sea). They were driven down the Katsgat (@ Western end of the Baltic Sea. The Kattegat continues through Skagerrak into the North Sea) in their boats by the ice as far as the coast of Denamark (Denmark), and there they remained. There was not a creature to be seen; so they took possession of the land, and named it after themselves, Juttarland (Jutland, Denmark).10. Afterwards many of the Denamarkar (Danes) returned from the higher lands, but they settled more to the south; and when the navigators returned who had not been lost, they all went together to Seland (Zeeland, Denmark @ Copenhagen).

The Writings of Beden
Chapter III
33. The stupid people who, by the acts of the Magyarar, were already so much accustomed to folly, believed all that she said, and the mothers clasped their children to their bosoms. When Reintia had brought the king of Hals (@ North Coast of Denmark near the Kattegat) and the others to an agreement, she sent messengers to Askar, and went herself along the Balda Sea (Baltic Sea).
46. The Saxmannar took it over to their marches. The Juttar brought it to Skenland (Norway, Scandinavia) and along the coasts of the Balda Sea (Baltic Sea), and with Askar's navigators it was taken to Brittania (Britain).

From the above quotes from the OLB, there should thus be no doubt they called the Baltic Sea the “Balda Sea”

From Wikipedia we find the following (Please note the Latin name: Mare Balticum):

The Baltic Sea, in ancient sources known as Mare Suebicum (also known as Mare Germanicum) is also known by the equivalents of "East Sea", "West Sea", or "Baltic Sea" in different languages:
• In Germanic languages, except English, East Sea is used: Afrikaans (Oossee), Danish (Østersøen), Dutch (Oostzee), German (Ostsee), Icelandic and Faroese (Eystrasalt), Norwegian (Østersjøen), and Swedish (Östersjön). In Old English it was known as Ostsæ.
• In addition, Finnish, a Baltic-Finnic language, has calqued the Swedish term as Itämeri "East Sea", disregarding the geography (the sea is west of Finland), though understandably since Finland was a part of Sweden from Middle Ages until 1809.
• In another Baltic-Finnic language, Estonian, it is called the West Sea (Läänemeri), with the correct geography (the sea is west of Estonia).
Baltic Sea is used in English; in the Baltic languages Latvian (Baltijas jūra) and Lithuanian (Baltijos jūra); in Latin (Mare Balticum) and the Romance languages French (Mer Baltique), Italian (Mar Baltico), Portuguese (Mar Báltico), Romanian (Marea Baltică) and Spanish (Mar Báltico); in Greek (Βαλτική Θάλασσα); in the Slavic languages Polish (Morze Bałtyckie or Bałtyk), Czech (Baltské moře or Balt), Croatian (Baltičko more), Slovenian (Baltsko morje), Bulgarian (Baltijsko More (Балтийско море), Kashubian (Bôłt), Macedonian (Балтичко Море / Baltičko More), Ukrainian (Балтійське море ("Baltijs'ke More"), Belarusian (Балтыйскае мора ("Baltyjskaje Mora"), Russian (Балтийское море ("Baltiyskoye Morye") and Serbian (Балтичко море / Baltičko more); and also in the Hungarian language (Balti-tenger

The “Aster Sea”

The Oera Linda Book mentions the “Aster Sea” only once and without any close description. We thus have to look at other clues:

The Book of Adela’s Followers
Chapter XXI - Boundaries
3. Eastward our boundary went to the extremity of the Aster Sea, and westwards to the Middel Sea; so that besides the small rivers we had twelve large rivers given us by Wr-alda to keep our land moist, and to show our seafaring men the way to his sea.
4. The banks of these rivers were at one time entirely inhabited by our people, as well as the banks of the Rene from one end to the other.

Comments:
1. Here the OLB clearly says “Eastward”. The Baltic, however, is North to North-North-East from the Netherlands or central Europe. The only sea that lies in an easterly direction is the Black Sea.
2. “we had 12 large rivers”. The 12 large rivers of Europe include the River Don which enters the Black Sea at its Northern shores.
3. They inhabited the full length of the River Rhine i.e to its origin in Switzerland.  This means the whole of central Western Europe was included.

5. Opposite Denamark and Juttarland we had colonies and a burgh-femme. Thence we obtained copper and silver, as well as tar and pitch, and some other necessaries.
Comment:
Here we clearly see that the Baltic was not one of their borders. They had colonies on the other side of the Baltic.

8. Moreover, our navigators and merchants had many factories among the Heinde Krekalandar and in Lydia. In Lydia the people are black.
Comment:
They had factories in Italy and North Africa. This implies that these were part of their domain. Elsewhere they also mentioned that they had a burghmaid in Spain.

11. From there to Heinde Krekaland (Italy) the inhabitants were called Kadhemar, because they never went to sea but remained ashore.

Chapter XXIII – Wodin and the Magyarar
5. In the year 101 after the submersion of Aldland a people came out of the east. That people was driven by another. Behind us, in Twiskland, they fell into disputes, divided into two parties, and each went its own way. Of the one no account has come to us, but the other came in the back (North-North-East) of our Skenland (Scandinavia –Finland), which was thinly inhabited, particularly the upper part.
10. Eighty years afterwards, just at the time of the yule-feast, they overran our country like a snowstorm driven by the wind. All who could not flee away were killed. Frya was appealed to, but the Skenlandar (Scandinavians) had neglected her advice. Then all the forces were assembled, and three hours from Godahisburch (Gothenburgh, Sweden) they were withstood, but war continued.
11. Kat or Katerinne was the name of the burgh-femme of Godahisburch.

From the above it should be clear that Fryasland encompassed the whole of Western Europe, Scandinavia, the Balkans and North Africa. Their reference to the “Aster Sea” can thus reasonably be interpreted as to mean the Black Sea – their Eastern boundary.

With the above explanations I would like to emphasize that I stand by my original interpretation and maps of the OLB’s “Frya’s Land” as these appear in “Survivors of the Great Tsunami”.

#1370    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,113 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

Short reply: how many rivers - big and small - are there between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean?

This thread is LONG, I know.

But I am not inclined to repeat everything I posted.

#1371    Alewyn

Alewyn

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostOtharus, on 23 October 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

My feeling is this:

FRY = free* (see below)
FRYA = free-one; someone who is free

I have the feeling that FRYDOM is not exactly the same as "liberty", nor of our nowaday "freedom".
Taking into account the ambiguity of the word FRY in modern languages, with many meanings relating to love,
I would like to coin a theory that FRYDOM has something to do with what we would call (regulations about) sexual freedom or free love.

(This would also explain the religious fanaticism by which the Roman catholic empire has tried to annihilate the Fryish culture for almost 2000 years.)

[
Otharis, If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the word Frya or Fryan People has something to do with "Free Love" rather than "Freedom"?
If this is the case, I am afraid I have to disagree with you. Throughout the Oera Linda Book we see that the people of Frya were a very pious lot:
1. Their young men had to be married by the age of 25 or they were bannished from society (to protect the girls and women).
2. Any act of fornication was severely dealt with and the perpetrators were sent to the penal colony in Britain.
3. Any person who had a relationship or wanted to marry a foreigner were bannished for life. etc,etc.

The OLB is very clear that "Frya" meant "freedom" or liberty i.e free from bondage or enslavement. It realy had nothing to do with "free Love". Remember they did not have contraceptives and somebody (men)would have had to take responsibility for taking care and providing for a family and especially the children.

#1372    Alewyn

Alewyn

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 23 October 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

Short reply: how many rivers - big and small - are there between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean?

This thread is LONG, I know.

But I am not inclined to repeat everything I posted.
The point is that the OLB specifically refer to the large rivers only - 12 of them.
From Spain to the River Don there are 12 large rivers in Europe. The small rivers have nothing to do with the discussion.

#1373    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,113 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 23 October 2010 - 08:01 PM, said:

The point is that the OLB specifically refer to the large rivers only - 12 of them.
From Spain to the River Don there are 12 large rivers in Europe. The small rivers have nothing to do with the discussion.

No, it's from the Black Sea to the Mediterannean.

Then Spain doesn't even show up in this equation, except maybe the Straits of Gibraltar.

River Don? Check your maps.

BETWEEN the Black Sea and the Middle Sea (or the Mediterannean according to your interpretation).

That would be Greece and the Balkans, part of Turkey and Italy.

No 12 big rivers in between, sorry.

Show me where you are convinced I am wrong.

But between that Middle Sea in Friesland and the east end of the Baltic, sure, 12 rivers and a couple of small ones?

______

EDIT:

Posted Image
http://en.wikipedia....anseatic_League

If you prefer to stick to YOUR interpretation of the OLB, you are lost.

Edited by Abramelin, 23 October 2010 - 08:58 PM.

#1374    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 23 October 2010 - 07:43 PM, said:

Remember they did not have contraceptives and somebody (men) would have had to take responsibility for taking care and providing for a family and especially the children.
Where did you read this?

#1375    Alewyn

Alewyn

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 23 October 2010 - 08:30 PM, said:

No, it's from the Black Sea to the Mediterannean.

Then Spain doesn't even show up in this equation, except maybe the Straits of Gibraltar.

River Don? Check your maps.

BETWEEN the Black Sea and the Middle Sea (or the Mediterannean according to your interpretation).

That would be Greece and the Balkans, part of Turkey and Italy.

No 12 big rivers in between, sorry.

Show me where you are convinced I am wrong.

But between that Middle Sea in Friesland and the east end of the Baltic, sure, 12 rivers and a couple of small ones?

____

If you prefer to stick to YOUR interpretation of the OLB, you are lost.

Proverbs 26:4

#1376    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

Otharis, If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the word Frya or Fryan People has something to do with "Free Love" rather than "Freedom"?
No, I said:

"FRY = free
FRYA = free-one; someone who is free"

...and to be more clear I would add that FRYA was also the name of the first mother.

FRYAS is short for FRYA.S.BARN = children (or people) of FRYA

FRYDOM = FRY-DOM;
Dom (plural domar) is still a word in Swedish, meaning: judgement, opinion (oordeel, vonnis, uitspraak).
So "frydom" would be something like the definition of being free. I will think of a better translation.

And I did not mean the sort of "free love" that was experimented with by hippies in the late sixties/ early seventies.
More that it was free of feelings of guilt or shame, like introduced with the Adam & Eve myth.
Archaeology from Greece and India has many examples of sexually explicit artwork, even on temples.

Throughout the Oera Linda Book we see that the people of Frya were a very pious lot
In my dictionary (van Dale 1986), the second meaning of "pious" is hypocrite...

1. Their young men had to be married by the age of 25 or they were bannished from society (to protect the girls and women).
2. Any act of fornication was severely dealt with and the perpetrators were sent to the penal colony in Britain.
3. Any person who had a relationship or wanted to marry a foreigner were bannished for life. etc,etc.
I agree that they had rules and ethics, but when it comes to relationships between the sexes, they may very well have been different from the judeo-christian tradition that we know (as well as other known matriatrchal cultures).

Chapter I, line 23-27 show that all BURGFAMNA had a man:

ADELA - APOL
SYTJA - STORO
JALTJA - ABEELO
DYWER - E.NOCH
DUN.ROS - FOPPO

So it was normal that Burgfamna had a partner.
The (Federal) Mother was chosen out of the burgfamna and apparently had to leave her man.
We know that Adela had children and that she refused to become the new Mother because she wanted to stay with Apol  (chapter 1 line 3).
In the translations it says that she wanted to "marry" Apol.

The original text says:
"THAT IK NEEN MODER NEESA NAVT NILDE THRVCHDAM IK APOL TO MIN EENGA JEERDE"

Does anyone claim to know what "EENGA" ment in those days?

Do you believe that, when she was elected to be Federal Mother, she was still a young virgin without partner or children?

This is just one example of the translation being a modern interpretation.
I will go through the relevant parts to show what the original text says when I have more time.

The OLB is very clear that "Frya" meant "freedom" or liberty i.e free from bondage or enslavement.
"FRYDOM" being their most important value, they must have had a different sort of "marriage" than that from the "pious" judeo-christian tradition.

Edited by Otharus, 24 October 2010 - 06:43 AM.

#1377    Otharus

Otharus

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:12 AM

View PostOtharus, on 23 October 2010 - 05:45 PM, said:

"SVNDER FRYDOM SEND ALLE OTHERA DUUGEDON ALLEENA GOD VMBE JO TO SLAVONA TO MAKJANDE."

Sandbach: "without liberty all other virtues serve to make you slaves"

Let me explain why this does not make sence.

If:
To make someone slave = to take away one's freedom.
and:
Liberty = freedom (or is there a difference?)
=>
the above sentence would say:
"without freedom all other virtues serve to take away your freedom"

How can anyone take away your freedom, if you don't have it?

#1378    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,113 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

View PostAlewyn, on 23 October 2010 - 08:01 PM, said:

Oh really?

From your post 1369:

so that besides the small rivers we had twelve large rivers given us by Wr-alda to keep our land moist, and to show our seafaring men the way to his sea.

==

5. Opposite Denamark and Juttarland we had colonies and a burgh-femme. Thence we obtained copper and silver, as well as tar and pitch, and some other necessaries.
Comment:
Here we clearly see that the Baltic was not one of their borders. They had colonies on the other side of the Baltic.

Oh really? Opposite Denmark and Jutland is south Sweden, or Skenland as the OLB calls it. That doesn't contradcit that the Baltic is the eastern border.

The Aster Sea is the eastern border, in the direction of the morning, the Middel Sea is the western border, in the direction of the evening. You say the Aster Sea is the Black Sea, and that this Middel Sea is the Mediterranean. That would make Frya's Empire quite tiny...well, that's according to the maps I have.

==

Comments:
1. Here the OLB clearly says “Eastward”. The Baltic, however, is North to North-North-East from the Netherlands or central Europe. The only sea that lies in an easterly direction is the Black Sea.

Who said we must look from the Netherlands?? It's rather obvious they talk from the northern edge of Europe as a whole, the coastal area from the Frisian Middel Sea in the west to the Baltic in the east.

I would like to see where in history the Black Sea is called Aster Sea or something similar. To me (and about every other person than you who wrote about the OLB) it's obvious the OLB means Ost Sea/ East Sea/ Baltic.

That later in the OLB the Baltic is called Balda Sea is no proof; it only suggests the OLB name changed into what is now used in English speaking countries.

Edited by Abramelin, 24 October 2010 - 10:15 PM.

#1379    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,709 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

If this is the case, I am afraid I have to disagree with you. Throughout the Oera Linda Book we see that the people of Frya were a very pious lot:

The OLB is very clear that "Frya" meant "freedom" or liberty i.e free from bondage or enslavement. It realy had nothing to do with "free Love". Remember they did not have contraceptives and somebody (men)would have had to take responsibility for taking care and providing for a family and especially the children.
O.E. freo "free, exempt from, not in bondage," also "noble, joyful," from P.Gmc. *frijaz (cf. M.H.G. vri, Ger. frei, Du. vrij, Goth. freis "free"), from PIE *prijos "dear, beloved" (cf. Skt. priyah "own, dear, beloved," priyate "loves;" O.C.S. prijati "to help," prijatelji "friend;" Welsh rhydd "free"). The adverb is from O.E. freon, freogan "to free, love." The primary sense seems to have been "beloved, friend, to love;" which in some languages (notably Gmc. and Celtic) developed also a sense of "free," perhaps from the terms "beloved" or "friend" being applied to the free members of one's clan (as opposed to slaves, cf. L. liberi, meaning both "free" and "children"). Cf. Goth. frijon "to love;" O.E. freod "affection, friendship," friga "love," friðu "peace;" O.N. friðr, Ger. Friede "peace;" O.E. freo "wife;" O.N. Frigg "wife of Odin," lit. "beloved" or "loving;" M.L.G. vrien "to take to wife, Du. vrijen, Ger. freien "to woo."

to free, love - beloved, friend, to love equals free from beloved, friend

The 2 meanings are co-joined and intertwined in a free beloved people type role imo.  Like the free people, beloved of Freya/Wralda.

I say it's both and used in a co-joined term.

I found it again - Priam and Paris - as I saw the word Priam in priyah - Beloved father - Paris - free  Trojans even appear this way, free, loving people. No father loves more than Priam, it is stressed in the Iliad, he is a very proud father of his beloved son Hector.

#1380    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,709 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

Sorry, should have read all the posts first.

Edited by The Puzzler, 24 October 2010 - 10:52 PM.