Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

How to deal with cops under any circumstance

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,102 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

In my experience, being calm and polite will get you much further even if you have done something then mouthing off about how you "know your rights".

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#17    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Like many fellow dark skinned males I was taught how to deal with cops when I was a boy. Never call or initiate eye contact with a cop and run from one if you can even if you havnt done anything because theres always someone who fits your description that did. And If you cant avoid em always say "yes sir" or "yes masta" and never make quick movements with your hand.

#18    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

If you are guilty of something, half-truths seems to get you on your way faster then denial.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Back when I was like 16 I ended up staring down the barrel of 3 felonies cause I didnt keep my mouth shut. Me and some friends were hanging out in a abandoned house. When we got caught the cop who questioned me acted like he was trying to be my friend. Nervous I told him that we had hung out there 2 other times (which was a lie) and didnt do any harm to the place (which was true). Next thing I know im being charged with 3 counts of burglery. Lucky for me the court had to hire me a lawyer cause I couldnt get a public lawyer. Dont ask me why, I never understood it myself. But the guy they hired was really good and got me 40 hours of comunity service, instead of 15 years in a cell.

Come to find out, if I had just said nothing, they would have only been able to charge me with a trespassing ticket, which would hev been a small fine.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#20    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,383 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 09 July 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Doubtful everyone who posts here, in agreement or not, will waste 16 1/2 minutes of their life watching these videos.

First video, first two minutes was enough of that rubbish. Saw the second one. My opinon remains the same after seeing the FlexYourRights videos several years ago which are higher quality than the ones provided in the OP and with less antagonistic rhetoric about "we are a police state." We are not a police state. Even in neighborhoods with higher police saturation.

My advice remains the same, treat the police with respect and if you are doing nothing wrong there is nothing to worry about. Someone getting hurt and/or arrested by doing otherwise will be on them and those who encourage immature behavior. Unlike some we appreciate the job and the service provided by our law enforcement officers. When some do get out of line we ask for accountability but advising everyone to act belligerent and declare their rights is just foolish and far from anything resembling street smarts.

What is most immature about it is the time it would waste when an officer could quickly move on and be available for more important matters.
Nothing being presented here denotes disrespect and so your criticism is strange.  "If you are doing nothing wrong there is nothing to worry about" has nothing to do with defending one's rights.  We are protected from illegal search and seizure and from incriminating ourselves and from being tricked out of our right to remain silent.   If cops dealt with silent people everywhere they went the sheer economics of the landscape would mean they'd have to respect the law of the land not abuse it with word games and mental tricks.

As the OP video suggested that you missed because you can't review something in its entirety before jumping to conclusions, we're not to antagonize the police and make them angry at us.    Your latest advice conforms with the advice presented in the video and you don't even know it.  Advising everyone to act belligerent?  This is an examples of the kind of errors you make when you can't even watch what you think you're talking about.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#21    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

i know it works, if a cop stops you and he sees you know the laws, he will let you go and find another sucker that doesn't.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#22    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,604 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I think  refusal to answer a cop can result in a charge of obstruction of justice  ... you would be hampering an investigation.   If a cop tells you to do something... you'd better do it, unless you want to be manhandled and cuffed ... and possibly beaten.

put your hands down!   WAP! WAP! WAP!.. put your hands down!!  WAP! WAP! WAP! ... put your hands down!  WAP!  WAP  WAP! Stop resisting!!!!!!

Edited by lightly, 10 July 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#23    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

you obviously don't have slightest clue what the thread is about. it isn't about resisting, or not answering, even thou it is your right, believe it or not, it s about not waiving your right, cuz you said something you shouldn't. he was right in the video, 90% are convicted due to their stupidity, and you could be one of them.

Edited by aztek, 10 July 2013 - 01:00 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#24    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,297 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

View Postlightly, on 10 July 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

I think  refusal to answer a cop can result in a charge of obstruction of justice  ... you would be hampering an investigation.   If a cop tells you to do something... you'd better do it, unless you want to be manhandled and cuffed ... and possibly beaten.

put your hands down!   WAP! WAP! WAP!.. put your hands down!!  WAP! WAP! WAP! ... put your hands down!  WAP!  WAP  WAP! Stop resisting!!!!!!

You do have a point and it's one I've often made to folks - even if you feel you are 100% in the right, do what the police tell you and don't give them any excuse to escalate the situation.  Let the attorneys sort it out afterwards.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#25    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,354 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

again it is not about escalating, it is about not waving your right, and those that still can't see it, will most likely end up throwing them away without even knowing it. it s not about being nice to a cop, it is about knowing the rules, and letting a cop know you do know them. cuz he plays by the same rules.
it teaches you not to be a bobo, but apparently there are plenty of bobos in denial around

Edited by aztek, 10 July 2013 - 02:15 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,383 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostRafterman, on 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

You do have a point and it's one I've often made to folks - even if you feel you are 100% in the right, do what the police tell you and don't give them any excuse to escalate the situation.  Let the attorneys sort it out afterwards.
The OP of my discussion highlights the Fourth Amendment, the Fifth Amendment, and even a little Second Amendment included in the 2nd video.   You and lightly are two of the posters that I was referring to in the OP, making the ludicrous claim that you don't have the right to remain silent until your masters tell you you do.  What is this irrational fear of getting beat up just for not answering questions?   If that happened to you, the lawyers would be sorting out a victorious lawsuit afterwards.  

A much more likely escalation is putting you under arrest for surrendering your rights and incriminating yourself.   Don't be a tool.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#27    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,297 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

The OP of my discussion highlights the Fourth Amendment, the Fifth Amendment, and even a little Second Amendment included in the 2nd video.   You and lightly are two of the posters that I was referring to in the OP, making the ludicrous claim that you don't have the right to remain silent until your masters tell you you do.  What is this irrational fear of getting beat up just for not answering questions?   If that happened to you, the lawyers would be sorting out a victorious lawsuit afterwards.  

A much more likely escalation is putting you under arrest for surrendering your rights and incriminating yourself.   Don't be a tool.

Please point to any thread where I've said that.

My point is simply this - be smart and remember that the police have the upper hand in any situation.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,383 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostRafterman, on 10 July 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Please point to any thread where I've said that.

My point is simply this - be smart and remember that the police have the upper hand in any situation.
http://www.unexplain...6

No, the police do not have the upper hand.  They must obey the law and if you know your rights and exercise them appropriately, you will have the upper hand both during the police encounter and in the courtroom afterwards.

#29    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,383 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postlightly, on 10 July 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Here's another example:

and another:

The advice in this 2nd video is invaluable.   You should be thanking me for presenting it for you.  All cops are liars.  They ask questions to give you rope to hang yourself with.   Exercise your Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights folks.  Otherwise, you don't even have them.

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

There are circumstances where reasonable orders of authorities must be obeyed.  This applies to uniformed personnel on aircraft, security personnel in places like banks, and certainly to officers of the regular police.  I do not see where there is a freedom issue involved unless the authority being exercised is arbitrary or unreasonable, and that is unlikely as they are doing their job and want to keep it.  Obviously the spread of videocams to almost everywhere is reducing cases of unreasonable police behavior.  Most cases of trouble of this sort is where the citizen is under some kind of chemical influence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users