Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man, 41, has over 600 Cabbage Patch dolls

Still Waters

An avid Cabbage Patch Kids fan has dedicated three rooms of his flat to his collection of more than 600 dolls that he says are his children.

Bachelor Dan Knowlton, 41, has spent thousands of pounds buying the soft cloth dolls and has even visited their 'birthplace', where he adopted his favourite doll after Mother Cabbage went into 'labour'.

He spends several hours a week caring for the cuddly toys - changing their outfits and dusting the beds, chairs and shelves where they sit.

http://www.dailymail...assing-80s.html

• Like 2

Seems like a perfectly reasonable collection to me... Nothing wrong in that..... :unsure2:

Just suprised he's a Batchelor! :whistle:

• Like 4

Seems like a perfectly reasonable collection to me... Nothing wrong in that..... :unsure2:

Just suprised he's a Batchelor! :whistle:

orders 601 cabbage patch dolls in an attempt to become irresistible to women.

• Like 3

orders 601 cabbage patch dolls in an attempt to become irresistible to women.

ROTF!!

• Like 2

I too am surprised he's a bachelor. Well I suppose he doesn't want to loose custody or have to pay child support.

Weirdo.

My sister collects those dolls too.

Weirdo.

• Like 2

I too am surprised he's a bachelor. Well I suppose he doesn't want to loose custody or have to pay child support.

Weirdo.

My sister collects those dolls too.

Weirdo.

Your sister collects them?

Is she single by any chance?

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 3

WTF is wrong with this guy. Nothing spells gay like 601 cabbage dolls

Obviously the man has some sort of eccentric abnormality probably coupled with some hording tendencies.

So what?

He's certainly not hurting anyone with his collection or habits. He even manages an online community for collectors, so he's not an idiot, and he probably makes money from that as well.

I don't see the problem here. To each his own.

Edited by Purplos
  • Like 2

Hmm...The guy works for a living, and is so passionate about something in his life that gives him joy, he is willing to spend his own time, money, and effort on it.... Not breaking any laws, not causing others grieve...

More power to him.

Yep, it's odd, but such is the spice of life.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want one of those creepy things, not to mention over 600. :alien: Got to wonder if he's okay in the head.

I'm a big believer to each to his own but I wouldn't want those dolls laying around my house giving me dirty looks. Will they burn?

• Like 2

I didn't know you could still get them!

• Like 1

I'm a big believer to each to his own but I wouldn't want those dolls laying around my house giving me dirty looks. Will they burn?

Put enough napalm on them and they will :tu:

TiP.

• Like 1

It could be a paternal thing. Take a close look, he resembles a cabbage patch doll.

• Like 2