Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Haunted places in Portland Oregon?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    fcpit

fcpit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

the burger king has been tore down by CCC to build a foot care place.the spirit that was there was a security guard that was shot and killed one night. And buttertoes is now the cowpie

#17    lisabates100

lisabates100

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

I live in portland and Iv been to the Lotus room and in the ladies room you really dont feel alone! Its got a dark feeling and it makes you pee real fast to get out of there! And also i have a photo of that little girl at Oaks Park! she is just standing there watching my family go by!She has ;long dark hair and a white dress but i think she looks dressed in even  older clothes then just the 70s.to me she could have been a child from the 1800s or early 1900s.i think there was a bow in her hair,a large
one like they used to wear in the olden days.Shes standing there plain as day only you can tell shes not of this time.She makes me feel sad for her.

#18    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

View PostNoahJaymes, on 02 October 2006 - 07:20 AM, said:

Portland - LOTUS-nightclub downtown - Reports of something VERY creepy in the basement - has scared employees so badly, they refuse to talk about it. a bartender, alone after closing had finished cleaning the bar-i.e. no glasses were left out, etc. and went downstairs-to the creepy basement?-and heard a CO2 canister activate.  A very distinct sound and not made when not in use-that is to say there is no pressure release on CO2 cylinders.  Upon coming back upstairs the bartender found an upside-down shot glass on the bar.

How could the upstairs of the Lotus Cardroom not be haunted? The building used to be a hotel but now the ground floor is a bar (with legal gambling due to it being grandfathered in) and the upstairs appears to be abandoned. It looks creepy from the street.

#19    Kings2012

Kings2012

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

View Postlisabates100, on 08 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

I live in portland and Iv been to the Lotus room and in the ladies room you really dont feel alone! Its got a dark feeling and it makes you pee real fast to get out of there! And also i have a photo of that little girl at Oaks Park! she is just standing there watching my family go by!She has ;long dark hair and a white dress but i think she looks dressed in even  older clothes then just the 70s.to me she could have been a child from the 1800s or early 1900s.i think there was a bow in her hair,a large
one like they used to wear in the olden days.Shes standing there plain as day only you can tell shes not of this time.She makes me feel sad for her.

Is it possible to post the pic? Curious to see since I've been there a few times myself.

#20    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

for what it's worth, i highly highly advise against going to the shanghai tunnels. i finally made it on one of their tours after two years of wanting to go and it was such a huge disappointment. the group is huge, 50 people then you split up into two groups...the tour guide speaks so quietly you can barely hear him, you're all squished into tiny tunnels and can barely see anything. it's not at all the tunnels i expected, it is basically a little 'u' shape under some extremely loud bars.

i don't mean to sound negative or mean, i read the reviews only after i went and wish i would have read them before. it is a major letdown.

#21    dm08

dm08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

View Postskydivingstars, on 11 November 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

for what it's worth, i highly highly advise against going to the shanghai tunnels. i finally made it on one of their tours after two years of wanting to go and it was such a huge disappointment. the group is huge, 50 people then you split up into two groups...the tour guide speaks so quietly you can barely hear him, you're all squished into tiny tunnels and can barely see anything. it's not at all the tunnels i expected, it is basically a little 'u' shape under some extremely loud bars.

i don't mean to sound negative or mean, i read the reviews only after i went and wish i would have read them before. it is a major letdown.

To each their own, of course.  But I toured the Shanghai Tunnels and completely loved it.

#22    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

View Postdm08, on 11 November 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

To each their own, of course.  But I toured the Shanghai Tunnels and completely loved it.

oh yeah, absolutely. i'm glad you loved it so much! i think i was just disappointed that i didn't see anything, hear anything or feel anything. i wasn't expecting it but i knew with such a large group and so much noise, that the chances were very slim. it is incredibly rich in history though, that part of the tour definitely doesn't disappoint.

#23    Xedajio

Xedajio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• And with strange aeons even death may die

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

The freaking Catacombs, those are super, super scary. Ive been down there, and I got such bad feelings from going there that I had to leave. I live about an hour away from portland, and Ive never gone back to there. Also, I know its not in portland, but Cloudcap Inn on Mt. Hood and Tillyjane campsite are the most haunted places ive been. Ive seen a lady walking around in 1900's attire around 2 in the morning on several occasions.

#24    dm08

dm08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostXedajio, on 13 November 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

The freaking Catacombs, those are super, super scary. Ive been down there, and I got such bad feelings from going there that I had to leave. I live about an hour away from portland, and Ive never gone back to there. Also, I know its not in portland, but Cloudcap Inn on Mt. Hood and Tillyjane campsite are the most haunted places ive been. Ive seen a lady walking around in 1900's attire around 2 in the morning on several occasions.

Were you with your friend Jack Daniels at the time?

#25    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

View Postskydivingstars, on 11 November 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

for what it's worth, i highly highly advise against going to the shanghai tunnels. i finally made it on one of their tours after two years of wanting to go and it was such a huge disappointment.
It's not as good as the Seattle Underground. Those tunnels go quite a ways and are still in some degree of use.

#26    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View Postscowl, on 13 November 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

It's not as good as the Seattle Underground. Those tunnels go quite a ways and are still in some degree of use.

I can't say I've heard much about the Seattle Underground. I'll have to google that one. I really felt as if the Shanghai tunnels were basically just four or five basements cleared out to make it seem like tunnels. I could very well be wrong, it just wasn't the greatest experience. :(

#27    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postskydivingstars, on 17 November 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

I can't say I've heard much about the Seattle Underground. I'll have to google that one.

Although they aren't that spooky, the Seattle tunnels are long and you travel underground for several blocks. They were created when Seattle decided to raise the street level due to flooding and sewer problems. When finished this turned the second stories of buildings into street-level stories. During this transition which took years, the original ground levels stayed open below the raised streets (yes, it is as stupid as it sounds). Once the buildings had built their new ground levels even with the raised streets, they built new sidewalks between the street and building with brick arches leaving the old sidewalks below them. These "tunnels" under Seattle sidewalks are now retaining walls on one side holding the streets up, the original ground level of buildings on the other side, and a brick arch above you holding up the new sidewalk.

While walking around an abandoned city that was covered a hundred years ago sounds scary, it's not really. They're still being used for other things. There are modern gas pipes, phone lines, fiber optic lines, electrical conduits and other utilities in every direction. The tunnels became cheap accessible places for these new improvements.

Edited by scowl, 21 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#28    hartwoman

hartwoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Take time to develop your own ideas.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

Ive heard there are 2 different companys doing the ShanghiaTunnel tours here in Portland. One is sposed to be large grouped and lame, the othere put on by Portland Walking tours is sposed to be better of the two tours of the tunnels.

:passifier: KATHY....

#29    Mekelyn

Mekelyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostSakari, on 09 May 2010 - 12:39 AM, said:

I moved to Langlois,Oregon a little over a year ago....Working in Coos Bay.

Before I moved here ( my family lives in Port Orfard , have for 25 years , they left me in Sparks ,Nevada to grow up on my own )I had seen a site , and I looked at it a lot...It was something like " Oregon x "....It had some pretty cool places to go check out , but for the life of me , I can not find it now...It was a paranormal site for the Oregon Coast....If I find it , I will post it....Come by for a world famous hot dog sometime :)

Oh , for you :

THIS IS WHAT JEFF FOXWORTHY HAS TO SAY ABOUT 'LIVING IN OREGON' . .

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Oregon.

If you've worn shorts, sandals and a parka at the same time, you live in Oregon.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed the wrong number, you live in Oregon.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Oregon.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Oregon.

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C' and back again in the same day, you live in Oregon.

If you install security lights on your house and garage but leave both doors unlocked, you live in Oregon.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Central, Southern or Eastern Oregon.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a 2 layers of clothes or under a raincoat, you live in Oregon.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow and ice, you live in Oregon.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Oregon.

If you feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash, you live in Oregon.

If you know more than 10 ways to order coffee, you live in Oregon.

If you know more people who own boats than air conditioners, you live in Oregon.

If you stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal, you live in Oregon.

If you consider that if it has no snow or has not recently erupted, it is not a real mountain, you live in Oregon.

If you can taste the difference between Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Dutch Bros, you live in Oregon.

If you know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye salmon, you live in Oregon.

If you know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Clatskanie, Issaquah, Oregon, Umpqua, Yakima and Willamette, you live in Oregon.

If you consider swimming an indoor sport, you live in Oregon.

If you know that Boring is a city and not just a feeling, you live in Oregon.

If you can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese and Thai food, you live in Oregon.

If you never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho, you live in Oregon.

If you have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain, you live in Oregon.

If you think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists, you live in Oregon.

If you buy new sunglasses every year, because you cannot find the old ones after such a long time, you live in Oregon.

That's funny because we say that about Washitonians.
I live very close to the Oregon/Washington border and have been looking for a reputable group that investigates the paranormal but have, to date ben unable to find anyone who is serious about investigations.

#30    Mekelyn

Mekelyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Posthartwoman, on 09 April 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Ive heard there are 2 different companys doing the ShanghiaTunnel tours here in Portland. One is sposed to be large grouped and lame, the othere put on by Portland Walking tours is sposed to be better of the two tours of the tunnels.

Hi Kathy
I did a Haunted Portland walking tour a few years back and.... well.. it was lame.  We were given "emf detectors" and walked around downtown in the hopes of finding a emf field.  I got so bored I started checking out if the trees gave off an em field.
Good luck with your haunted hunts and let me know if you find anything good.  :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users