Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The boy who 'went to heaven'

Karlis

The story of Alex Malarkey, "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven", has not only made the New York Times’ best seller list, but has attracted interest from people around the world, particularly in Australia. arrow3.gifRead more...
Has anyone read the book, "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven"? If so, what are your thoughts about it?

Has anyone read the book, "The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven"? If so, what are your thoughts about it?

Thats a interesting story and, I want to read that book.

i think its a load of bull. very stereotype description of heaven. why must heaven be white everytime?

Who said it was white every time ? Yeah im sure they faked it because that would be the normal thing for parent to do right after their kid almost died. They probably planned the accident too :tu:

i thought the part where his father thought the kid had brain damage when he started talking about heaven was funny :D instead of actually listening he wonders for the kid's sanity

• Like 1

as soon as someone tries to sell me a book I tend to become skeptical

Be especially careful about books relating to history. This book is about the history of one boy. Now, who are we to believe, and why? And why not? :geek:

children can't lie especially a 6 year old boy about God or Jesus, unless he reads the Bible everyday.

Wanna bet? As soon as a child learns to speak they will lie if they see it can be to their advantage.

Also..since the child has been successfully indoctrinated into the family religion, being told what "god" and his colleagues look like then it should not be such a mystery that his little brain is going to use the descriptions that his parents and the church have poured into him.

It isn't any different that being enamored with sports, for example, and then your dreams will incorporate imagery that you are most familiar with.

At any rate it is a sad story it seems but what I see is the family using the tragedy to market a book for the money it will generate because so many people are aligned with Christianity and they will jump at the chance to read a story of a poor little boy who sees god and heaven and sure enough his description will fit the bible like a glove WHICH, by the way, was also written by man.

I have to agree though that the family's last name does seem to be a stumbling block to whatever shred of credibility it might have.

• Like 1

Wonderful is all I will say.--Robbie

i think its a load of bull. very stereotype description of heaven. why must heaven be white everytime?

Miracles: You do not have to look for them. They are there, 24-7, beaming like radio waves all around you. Put up the antenna, turn up the volume - snap... crackle... this just in, every person you talk to is a chance to change the world... "Hugh Elliott, Standing Room Only weblog, May 6, 2003"

Haven't seen it or heard of it but the first thought that struck me was that heaven can't be much cop if he came back from there and yet everybody is striving to get there

fullywired

He did see God, and in told him that we all should obay his

word. And he also talk to Jesus, and Jesus said also obay his word. And love every one....

I, too, stop believing as soon as someone tries to sell me a book. I'm looking for convincing accounts of NDE to make me feel good about my deceased parents and so forth. As soon as a book is written and put up for sale, it detracts from my store of hope and faith.

Now, to be perfectly paranoid...that last name is too much. So look. Lindsey Lohan, and Britney Spears before her, are concrete regular features of our daily dose of HARD NEWS on Cable, so much so that the message seems to be, "Object all you want, call us idiots, call us shallow jerks, we'll only give you MORE Lindsey Lohan on all channels to show you this is never going to stop and there is nothing anyone can do about it. After Lohan, it will be someone else, but it will, from now on, always be something, plopped smack in the middle of critical news stories of world-changing events, which we will ALSO deliver until it puts you in a coma. We want to make you immune, so we can proceed to indoctrinate you at will. Get used to it. That's the whole point. This is all a TEST...so far." And so is this book with the little boy named Alex Malarkey. They last-named him Malarkey as a test. Will people eat it up even if you name it MALARKEY? Looks like they will! Full speed ahead...

If I sound as if cable news has driven me into loony land, it's because it has. Jiber-jibber-jibber! :w00t:

(But really, you would expect the boy's name to be CHANGED to protect his identity from stalkers and celebrity seekers and such. That makes TWO good reasons to give him a better last name! So it must be deliberate. "Malarkey," to find out what will happen when people see it.)

Edited by Ashtarel

I haven't read this book, but from the comments by those who have, it sounds like it describes a religious afterlife in the same sort of heaven we learn about in Sunday School. That would explain the need to write a book! To lasso this popular NDE thing everyone is so excited about, and associate it with powerful organized religion instead of love, hope, and humanity. Brick-and-mortar religion is out to commandeer the NDE. Cha-ching.

Sorry to be so cynical, but fear of seeming cynical is an enabler. Evil prospers when good men stay silent. :geek::innocent:

Edited by Ashtarel

I'm conflicted on this. On the one hand, I feel like the guy IS exploiting his kid's tragedy for cash, but I really can't blame him too much because their medical bills are probably astronomical. On the other hand, THIS:

Incredibly, father of four Kevin Malarkey has not only seen more good come out of the horrific accident that almost cost his son’s life – but if he had his time again, he would not change a thing.

Really, Mr. appropriately-named Malarkey? So your love of fame and fortune is so great that your son's tragedy is more than well worth it? Despicable. :angry:

Edited by Pinx

Illusion, I don't believe there's heaven exists. The boy was in dream......

Uh no it was not a dream, he almost had his head cut off the doctors say he should have died and he knew what was said by people saving his life. Hello ???

6 year old boy, young, trusting mind, never questioning what he's being told by figures of authority (parents, priests, etc), sponging all the information with unfailing enthusiasm and naive trusting belief in them...

His brain goes in shut-down mode, comatosed for 2 months in state of shock and perpetual dream. At 6 years of age he doesn't have all that rich and vivid memories or life experience to fuel his imagination to make his dreams full of different visions, so what does he dream about? About what he knows so far... and obviously, his vision of heaven, big shiny gate, angels and whoever else he met there will be in accord to what he was already told he should expect to see in heaven.

That shouldn't be a surprise really, to anyone.

Out of body experience cases are documented in history, who knows, he might have had one, explains seeing his father talking to a man near a helicopter and all that, in same time, his family can easily be overjoyed with him returning to their lives so they may slightly twist what they hear from him to match their stories to form the overall "miracle" picture we're all to see. It's a circle of suggesting what you remember, doesn't mean it's intentional, but think about... once he mentions remembering that he saw his father, and heaven, and all that, wouldn't it be just natural for an overjoyed parent to ask something like "when they took you away, we all cried and called you, do you remember that?" and young mind will quickly match up some mix of memories, dreams and illusions to fill in the blanks and they boy will answer "yea... yea I do".

Happens all the time, not only to him, plenty of accident victims tend to fill in the blanks, brain is wired to do that, it doesn't like not having any memory of time frames that there should be some memory to remember.

Great story of survival nevertheless, that alone is a 'miracle' of it's own!

If you search the name all you find is info about the book how to buy it, or where to send donations to etc. Thank is surely suspect to me...the last name? perhaps how ridiculous it is is simply because its real? lol I've truly seen stranger things, although I must admit that it is a bit much if they want people to believe it's all true :D

I picked up on the name thing too. Might as well be Alex Poppycock.

Taking the young boys story and putting it into a book is a marvelous idea. How else can you spread the word of something miraculous happening ?. Skeptics say they want proof, however when proof is attempting to show itself, they whine some more. No skeptic wants to read a book, they just want to turn a page and see an answer. I have interviewed many people, including kids for NDE's ( currently working on my own manuscript, and possibly a book ). I had the opportunity to speak to a child who had a very close recollection to what Alex has had, YET, his family has no religious ties at all, they are in fact Atheists. When I talked to them, they were completely surprised, telling me their child has never been introduced to religion outside of what a 5 year old MIGHT see on T.V, or a movie. He had not yet started school, and didn't leave the house much, if not at all. The family also being Atheist, had no religious programs and watched nothing of the sort. However, for that 5 year old boy to point to the cross around my neck with the figure of Jesus, and simply say " He was with me, he was my friend ", that took my breathe away. Out of the 50 or so individuals I interviewed, this boys case was the best example of life after death that I found.

Even in my younger years, my grandmother had told me when she had a heart attack and had " died ". She said she drifted to the top of the room, where she could see the doctor operating on her. The nurses were giving up, but the doctor rallied them together and wanted to just try for another minute. Suddenly she came back after a few more rounds with a defibrillator. She witnessed it all, and when she was well enough to speak, thanked that doctor. She told the doctor everything that happened in that room for those few minutes, the doctor was stunned to say the least.

Is it wrong to hope for something else when death comes to us ?. Perhaps it is the people that want nothing to do it, in fact just pass on. The individuals that want to continue their journey move on to a different place.

God Bless, Azalin