Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BIOHAZARD: ASSAULT a film underway

(31oha2a121)

well im ew to this sort of thing so ill get right to the point. i am a student working of a resident evil film, as someone has to put right what anderson did wrong.

your probably thinking he cant do this but if you stay tuned here youll see the makings of the film until its done and then, hopefully the film itself! thumbsup.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• (31oha2a121)

• TooFarGone

• OneEye

• crissangelslave

Um...you're a student? Is this part of your coursework?

Moved to artists section.

This is actually really amazing. He's shown some really cool screenshots and everything of the costumes, props etc. I've had a good read through the script as well and it's pretty good.

Has he than grasped what Anderson couldn't, and that Resi is a horror genre, and is not about martial arts action?

Yeah the costumes and props are top notch.

The script is very cool also although it's hard to read with little dialouge becuase there is so much writing about where the camera is movie.

But that's the norm for a script.

thanks gain for the support guys! i am student, but i assure you this isnt for coursework, this is entierly for fun and the fans, you guys.

any help offered be it script reading, or any other help, especially suggestions, now is the time, because in twoo weeks is the first shoot.

please read it again and tell me anything you find will make it beter.

Biohazard__ASSAULT.doc

Not that it's any of my business but....how are you funding your own movie?

lol well, im funding it mself, ive already spent £400 on it. its about time i got it done

Hey 31 are there gonna be any other monsters in this movie other than the zombies and that licker i saw?

hmm....

The script isn't bad...I see it's a sort of mini-movie, rather than a full blown feature length thing (maybe...what? Half an hour to forty minutes?). Makes sense given you're funding it yourself.

It's interesting....had I done it, I probably would have used civilians as the central characters, rather than soldiers though. The problem is that when your main characters are heavily armed, well trained soldiers, the temptation is to put them in far more direct, far less subtle danger than you would normally, with neither yourself nor the audiance under any illusion that they're not going to be able to handle it, and the transition from horror movie to action movie begins. An unarmed civilian being chased by one zombie is far scarier than a group of soldiers being chased by fifty...

That's the mistake Anderson made if you ask me...was anyone, at anytime, remotelly worried that any of the main characters was going to die? Alice was some kind of superhuman, who could fight legions of zombies without breaking sweat, Jill and Carlos were protected by the timeline (not that Anderson paid much respect to the game timeline I suppose) and the whole thing stopped being about survival, and more about "how many big explosions and overdone fight scenes can we have"?

I will say your script does manage to avoid using the copious amounts of ammunition that I was afraid of...it's good to see your unit actually running away from the zombies, instead of the unrealistic image of them making a stand, fighting hordes of zombies hand to hand, with rock music playing in the background *cough*Anderson*coughs*.

Overall, it's not bad...you managed to avoid a potential pitfall in the story you chose to tell, and I look forward to seeing the finished product original.gif

hmm....

The script isn't bad...I see it's a sort of mini-movie, rather than a full blown feature length thing (maybe...what? Half an hour to forty minutes?). Makes sense given you're funding it yourself.

It's interesting....had I done it, I probably would have used civilians as the central characters, rather than soldiers though. The problem is that when your main characters are heavily armed, well trained soldiers, the temptation is to put them in far more direct, far less subtle danger than you would normally, with neither yourself nor the audiance under any illusion that they're not going to be able to handle it, and the transition from horror movie to action movie begins. An unarmed civilian being chased by one zombie is far scarier than a group of soldiers being chased by fifty...

That's the mistake Anderson made if you ask me...was anyone, at anytime, remotelly worried that any of the main characters was going to die? Alice was some kind of superhuman, who could fight legions of zombies without breaking sweat, Jill and Carlos were protected by the timeline (not that Anderson paid much respect to the game timeline I suppose) and the whole thing stopped being about survival, and more about "how many big explosions and overdone fight scenes can we have"?

I will say your script does manage to avoid using the copious amounts of ammunition that I was afraid of...it's good to see your unit actually running away from the zombies, instead of the unrealistic image of them making a stand, fighting hordes of zombies hand to hand, with rock music playing in the background *cough*Anderson*coughs*.

Overall, it's not bad...you managed to avoid a potential pitfall in the story you chose to tell, and I look forward to seeing the finished product original.gif

759073[/snapback]

its going to be alot onger than 20 minutes my friend, every proffesional, puts 3 minutes to each page of script plus the credits mentioned in italics are 4 mintes alone. it wont be 1 30 but itl be closer to one hour my guess is.

also seeing amry ppl with training and such scared of simple zombies is a scary thougt for me at least, the fact that they are well trained in millitarty situatuions, but cannot handle the chaos of being overrrun. also if you notice they use their training alot, like hunk has a rifle strapped to his back and never uses it. this is to signify he has the skills as it were to handle himself, then later you notice a deterioration in those skills, as hhe has to face his nightmare, a situation worse than raccoon city.

also anderson did have a central character die unexpectadly even though we knew he would, the stars guy.he was bit in the beggining sure, but he had alot of screen time.

and yeah sorry the script is rushed i gave myslef a deadline alot of detail is in my head, sorry. mellow.gif

but cool, good to hear another opinion and il make sure they dont fire off too many rounds thumbsup.gif

l stear away from action im sticking to the atmospheric game style on this one laugh.gif

thanks or the input, just updated the script accordingly.

lol yeah about that, icant even get a friggin' trailer on here!!! angry.gif

ok, so my £80 worth of props is on its way, that completes my spending, maybe a bit more makeup but other than that im done. 2 weeks people, after that ill start posting screenshots.

im already sarting work on the introductory credits, they lok ok, i just need to render them.

May I ask where the screens are?

Neat script! grin2.gif

cheers my friend and welcome to this topic!

here are alot of screen shots, of the costumes and generally effects i can achieve, their not from the actual film.

post-19415-1122659080_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122659096_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122659102_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122659109_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122659119_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122659131_thumb.jpg

hers some more, the STARS costume and the UBCS costumes.

post-19415-1122660282_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122660315_thumb.jpg

post-19415-1122660338_thumb.jpg

loli think its slightly surpassed tha, when you spend 400 on a film i think it deserves that at least! laugh.gif

I'm very impressed with the pictures considering your low amount of funds! The gore on the zombies could do with a touch up but then again this is a movie with a 400 pound budget, not one with several million. I wish you the best of luck!

P.S. can you let us have a peek when your done?

loli think its slightly surpassed tha, when you spend 400 on a film i think it deserves that at least!  laugh.gif

761300[/snapback]

True, but it's pretty much just a fan film, and it is "home-made" tongue.gif

thanks jenk! laugh.gif ill try but the limit will always stop me putting stuff on here ill have to find another ay, sorry dude. dontgetit.gif

of ourse its a fan film, as i said im putting right the rongs, label it what you will, it isnt going to be some kids running around a garden in a camo t shirt and ketchup on their face is it.

of ourse its a fan film, as i said im putting right the rongs, label it what you will, it isnt going to be some kids running around a garden in a camo t shirt and ketchup on their face is it.

761381[/snapback]

It isnt? huh.gif Crap *screws up admission ticket*

laugh.gif hey there nick you crazy guy! sorry to dissapint, or at least i really hope it doesnt end up like that. ( i et it will.)

so is the outbreak credits a good idea then or not? i thought it would be really emotional to have a montage of people getting infexcted in really nasty ways in slo mo with the sad slo music over the top. like a guy is holding his eyes and when he lets go theres just blood streaming out of them, and other civvies are vommiting up blood.

is that too harsh? im going for an 18 rating here laugh.gif