Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The metalheads thread

Naveed

Yep, the thread for any metalheads here to commune and discuss the best music in the world. Whether it be thrash, classic metal (Iron Maiden, Ozzy...), death, or the metal with devil.gif s stamp of approval; black metal. Oh yeah, none of that sissy nu-metal stuff! It doesn't have devil.gif 's stamp of approval. *zips lips before I start a stupid rant on nu-metal*

Anyways what makes a metal band good to all you other metalheads? Personally I think it doesn't really have to be the lyrics or the style of metal. It all depends on if the band can pull it off good or not, or how good they sound.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kerry_King

• Naveed

• moe eubleck

• Jesus_Freak

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A-HA!!Great topic Nav thumbsup.gif

I'm into any genre,just as long as it kicks ass,mainly mine of course. grin2.gif

It all depends on if the band can pull it off good or not, or how good they sound.

thumbsup.gif

OKay,let me just list some of favs:

Tool,APC,Static-X,Chevelle,gODHEAD,Seether,Cradle of Filth,Slipknot,Devildriver (Coal Chamber too original.gif ),Meshuggah....God there's just too much!! laugh.gif

hehe - i just have to post here because i abosolutely loathe metal Nu or otherwise. Gimme Industrial, EBM or goth anyday cool.gif . My Bro is a metaller and we have a friendly rivalry about the whole subject. Just to wind him up i created this website.

That all said it would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing so be proud of the music you like!

AC/DC, old Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, some Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Saxon, the list is endless but all gr8. thumbup.gif

My favs are: Cradle of Filth, Sentenced, Iron Maiden, Old Metallica, Shadows Fall, Lacuna Coil, PoisonBlack, Darkane, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Soilwork, and then anything that has a goth or just creepy edge to it.

My favorites are Korn, Slipknot, and anything from the 80's.

Godsmack, Incubus (Science, and to a lesser extent Make Yourself, and Morning View), Deftones, Mudvayne, Machine Head, One Minute Silence (rocks!), and Breed 77. ph34r.gif

------ Mind some of these aren't actually Metal, but heavy Rock!!!

THIS THREAD WAS ****ing NECESARY MAN........ thumbsup.gif

mylist: OLD sepultura, SLAYER, old metallica, some pantera, some burzum maybe, etc...

im seeing iron maiden in 2 weeks, hate USA´s MTV and all their "heavy bands"

its a pity metallica has changed so much , they have done during the 90´s everything they were against in the 80´s

dont know what more to tell now........ thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

ive heard new EXODUS is really really amazing......some friends have even tell me its the best album since SEASON IN THE ABYSS ......lets see whistling2.gif

Being a musician, I like to have an open mind about music. I like all kinds. wink2.gif My fav metal bands in no order, Primus (seas of cheese and frizzle fry are pretty heavy) Incubus, Deftones, System of a Down, Tool, Sevendust, Far, Metallica, Puya.

thumbsup.gif

Being a musician

dont want to be rude man, but mostly all of the bands you mentioned cant play a solo. theres no much "musican qualities" in deftones,etc.

so called nu metal bands, which are not even metal, more alternative rock/grunge, repeat the same formula and thats all i think.....thats just my opinion.

deftones has been around for ten years dude. And if you go to thier live shows, yes they jam. For the most part, Nu metal as you call it, is all about rythm. Its all about music that you can feel. If I want to listen to guitar solos, I'd go see B.B. King.

Its all about music that you can feel.

i know deftones have been here for 10 years, they say the pioneered nu metal.

but i cant feel manufactured music, i cant feel music that has only one purpose: to sell records, thats why they release videos every month for MTV. they are not showing any level of music technique.....theres no guitar player thats better than the one next door and they dont want to improve in their skills.

they had the formula and repeated in every song man...its the same rythm linkin park , limp bizkit,etc.

i remember once slipknot guitarist saying in an interview: "theres no solos cause kids arent into them nowadays..." how can i posibly feel that???? lets do what the market says......there are tons of bands out there, especially death metal ones as cannibal corpse which play ****ing perfect music man, they and many more others are really talented guys which can be considered in a category of best guitarists and they havent got money even for touring!!!!!!! its unbelievable.

Edited by Kerry_King

You think your metal is superior. Congratulations on that. thumbsup.gif I shall now call you the metal Nazi, if you so wish. Whatever floats your boat.

If you cant feel the same thing I feel when at a deftones concert,than thats okay with me too. To each his own! thumbsup.gif

But please, I beg you, let us not resort to the the "money making music industry" conspiracy.

We have all bought and payed for albums before. With any genre of music, we are only buying what they are selling. wink2.gif

lol, then I'm a metal Nazi too. I can't stand most Nu-metal bands. The only ones I listen to are Mudvayne, Disturbed, and Stonesour, and thats all I can handle. The rest I listen to now are all pure metal, or instrumental music from movie soundtracks. Plus the record industry has been basically hand picking these bands that really have no talent. Buy a Staind, or Cold album. Only two or 3 songs sound good on them. The we have bands like Creed, who aren't really nu-metal, but are a neo-grunge thing. And at least to me, most mainstream bands all sound the same, even the vocalists, I mean I cannot tell who is who and I can't get into that.

This seems to be the same running theme with rock music. You have an era of good rock than an era of sucky rock. For example: you have the zepplin era followed by a very sorry hair band era. Then rock comes back with metallica and so fourth. Then it starts to suck again with bands like "Firehouse" and "slaughter". Then who comes to save the day? The Pearl Jam/ Nirvana bands. But right now? We are back in the sucky rock era again. I just try to make the best of it. thumbsup.gif

Moe just refuses to be old. Just cuz music sux now, should I be forced to listen to the same "ride the lightning" album untill my ears go numb? NO! That's giving up. That would be surrendering. That is how people get old. I never want to become one of those old men sitting in their rocking chairs , listening to 50 year old music and saying things like "what the hell is wrong with kids these days? "

So Moe adapted and went to concerts and jumped in the mosh pits with the kids and suddenly he had an understanding he never had before. Because the moment you start boxing yourself in and knowiing only one way, is when you start dying. There is a saying: running water never grows stale. Thats just what I do. Just keep on flowing. wink2.gif

Keeping with the japanese theme...

Hyde.

Hyde = AMAZING!

Ive gotten the hyde version of "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" and it rocks my world so much...

And, as a special treat for you all...

http://home.comcast.net/~andydthorley/Meta...lica_vs._FF.mp3

A comparison between for whom the bell tolls (sped up to about 1.2 speed) and "Still more fighting" from Final Fantasy Seven.

Same riff, you guys...same riff...

For me I would have to say that Cradle of Filth w00t.gif has to be my all time favourite, because their lyrics, speak to me in away that no other music has.

I also like Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Borknagar, Immortal, Satyricon, The Sins of Thy Beloved and Tristania, just to name a few tongue.gif

w00t.gif I forgot all about MuDvAyNe!!Powerman 5000's ok too (hate Mike though tongue.gif )

But whatever it is,Tool is still the best there is.Long live Maynard & khrew devil.gif ......

notworthy.gif

post-49-1071564816.jpg

Edited by Engulf

For me I would have to say that Cradle of Filth w00t.gif has to be my all time favourite, because their lyrics, speak to me in away that no other music has.

I also like Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Borknagar, Immortal, Satyricon, The Sins of Thy Beloved and Tristania, just to name a few tongue.gif

Good ones! thumbup.gifdevil.gif