Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God love the crazy darlings

Guest Br Cornelius

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rock-Star

• rashore

• Rocketgirl33

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_on_re/us_rel_apocalypse_soon

Hopefully it will shut them up when we are all still here on the 24th I have my doubts though.

How many time does the end times have to not show up, before belief in the end times goes away.

Br Cornelius

If this guy is such a Bible scholar and came to this date from his careful studies, how did he overlook that little verse about no one knowing the day or the hour? Can't wait to hear his rationalization the next day...

This reminds me of a story I read about in the news paper in LA back in the late 70's about this guy who had his own church. For the most part the church was just like any other but one day the preacher said, "God has told me that he is coming and will be here on this date at this time!" so he instructed his followers to sell all their worldly possesions and take all their money out of the banks, give all the procedes to him and he would turn over all the money to the homeless or something. So they did, everyone in that little church sold everything they had and pulled out all of their money and gave it all to the preacher. So he tells them to be here on the day told to him by god and they would all go to heaven together. The day came and they all showed up, but they were missing someone. After 5 days of waiting God never did show up! The next day after that the preacher went missing will all the money. I have the feeling that these folks will be left holding their enpty bag after May rolls around and nothing happens. :tu:

Rocketgirl B)

lol, it's always the end of the world for some group or another.. It always makes me wonder how that group came up with it's specific date..