Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Human evolution: the next stages

humankind flexible skeletons tentacles colour-changing skin

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,547 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

There have been a number of speculations lately concerning the eventual form humankind will take, particularly with regards to the role technology plays in our lives and how this could reshape our physical and mental selves.

http://www.guardian....ion-next-stages

Posted Image

#2    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 10 July 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

There have been a number of speculations lately concerning the eventual form humankind will take, particularly with regards to the role technology plays in our lives and how this could reshape our physical and mental selves.

http://www.guardian....ion-next-stages

they forgot to mention an option i think is much more likely: we will just "become one" with machines. Self-induced evolutionary process, if you will....

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well an interesting topic, and one that can be speculated on endlessly, but heres 5 Signs Humans Are Still Evolving, and how

quote:  

"But not only are we still evolving, we're doing so even faster than before. In the last 10,000 years, the pace of our evolution has sped up 100 times, creating more mutations in our genes, and more natural selections from those mutations. Here are some clues that show humans are continuing to evolve.

And point number 4 on the following list states our brains are shrinking!!!

"While we may like to believe our big brains make us smarter than the rest of the animal world, our brains have actually been shrinking over the last 30,000 years. The average volume of the human brain has decreased from 1,500 cubic centimeters to 1,350 cubic centimeters, which is equivalent to a chunk the size of a tennis ball.

Now for the list:

http://mentalfloss.c...-still-evolving

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

http://www.dailymail...-scientist.html

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#5    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Creatures evolve to suit their habitat.  I won't be surprised in a couple of thousand years if we look like the Asguard from Stargate.  Unless something drastic happens and we lose technology.  We don't have any threats which would make us evolve over time.  Especially something like colour changing skin, which is a defensive trait.  We don't need it, though it will probably become possible through genetic augmentation. That's how Humankind will evolve, we will augment ourselves with technology,

#6    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 11 July 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

they forgot to mention an option i think is much more likely: we will just "become one" with machines. Self-induced evolutionary process, if you will....

It begins...

Posted Image

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#7    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,421 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostDark_Grey, on 11 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

It begins...

Posted Image

#8    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

god, i hope it's wings, as hovercars & jetpacks are taking too damn long!
bloody lazy scientists.....
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#9    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostDark_Grey, on 11 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

It begins...

Posted Image
won't be too bad if they all look like seven of nine.....
;-)

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Postshrooma, on 12 July 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

won't be too bad if they all look like seven of nine.....
;-)

hehe, Ive always like a couple of things about seven of nine... can you guess? :lol:

eta my image vanished, heres another

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 12 July 2013 - 12:12 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Postseeder, on 12 July 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

hehe, Ive always like a couple of things about seven of nine... can you guess? :lol:

Posted Image
i've always had one BIG thing about her seeder!
but if we WERE to become borg-like in the future, i should imagine that the next world war will be fought between the makers of viagara & duracell.....
;-)

#12    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

No1 on your list would seem to counter this argument pretty well seeder-
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=250971
which i knew was never in doubt.....

#13    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Considering the kinds of mysterious surprises our dear Universe has proven to have up its sleeves... I'm sure it won't be "just" change in shape or size of any one or more body parts. Consider a universe filled with an energy soup right after the big bang, observed by an imaginary body-less observer, just so we can relate. How exotic, compared to that soup, may I ask, is the that far unheard-of matter. And when you've had all these loose particles, how much of a surprise when you find, for the first time in the history of the entire universe, particles combining to form atoms, once believed to be indivisible. Having had loose atoms flying around for billions of years, imagine the surprise of our observer when it finds that these atoms are able to further combine to form stars and galaxies. What a view. All from that soup. What an evolutionary step when a staggering variety of heavier elements are further created, not only that they join and become larger and heavier, they will exhibit all kinds of different properties. When you've observed all these stars, planets and galaxies for a few billion years and I said to you that the next evolutionary step would be this matter becoming able to grow by itself, even move by itself? BS, you say. I've observed the laws of physics for billions of years, no such thing what you're saying. Then I say: haven't you learned by now that the universe keeps creating stuff that beats any kind of anticipation? Yes, here we are, we have life. Watching life for a few billions of years, what kind of imagination does it take to predict that this life, or, in essence matter, or even just energy fields, becomes conscious of itself? Yet here we are, wondering about who we are, where we come from and where we are going. It takes a sad person to guess that all there is left in this universe is physical evolution. That the next great mysterious step will be. . . . . a smaller brain. Really?? Is that our best guess? After all this? It would be a wasted universe. Would it not?

Edited by Rolci, 12 July 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#14    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

i think jacques' point is probably the most valid though- us humans are a pretty impatient bunch, and we're not going to hang around for thousands of years waiting for mother nature to gift us with super-tough cyborg bodies when we can do the job ourselves in a fraction of the time.....
(and who WOULDN'T want to be as cool as Motoko Kusanagi...?)
:-)

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postshrooma, on 12 July 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

No1 on your list would seem to counter this argument pretty well seeder-
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=250971
which i knew was never in doubt.....

hehe, off topic but...

Ever fancied trying GAGA ice creams?  ( Not Lady gaga)

"One from the chest freezer: Restaurant sells breast milk ice cream"

When a well-stocked ice cream parlour says they sell every flavour, there are usually limits.

But one restaurant in London is selling breast milk ice cream which is being served to customers in a cocktail glass.

http://www.dailymail...-Baby-Gaga.html

I wonder if seven of nine understands "bitty"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users