Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul:Trade War & Economic Collapse Coming

acidhead

Feb. 14, 2013

Ron Paul:Trade War & Economic Collapse Coming

Nobody explains it better than Ron Paul.

• Like 6

The model asking RP scripted questions says with the final word, "All right, the end of all paper currencies. Dr. Ron Paul. Nice to see ya."...... lol..... totally clueless but well played by the establishment.

Paper currencies would not end under a currency back by a hard asset.... duh.

• Like 5

pfft and no one really believes any of his crackpot theories either.

I think you bring as much logic and reasoning to the table as the reptile depicted in your avatar. I always wonder if you really do believe what you write. His views aren't theories but backed by economic facts and stats. You can't run an economy on fiat money, hasn't worked and never will.
  • Like 2

I think you bring as much logic and reasoning to the table as the reptile depicted in your avatar. I always wonder if you really do believe what you write. His views aren't theories but backed by economic facts and stats. You can't run an economy on fiat money, hasn't worked and never will.

Don't mistake my avatar which was the result of my young son's fascination with the reptile group in the 80's with discussion.

Ron Paul's 'theories' are more fantasies than any reasoned treatise.

Funny though, we've (the US) been using fiat money economy successfully for 4 decades. Successful Fiat economies have existed in one form or another for a millenia.

Edited by ninjadude

Don't mistake my avatar which was the result of my young son's fascination with the reptile group in the 80's with discussion.

Ron Paul's 'theories' are more fantasies than any reasoned treatise.

Funny though, we've (the US) been using fiat money economy successfully for 4 decades. Successful Fiat economies have existed in one form or another for a millenia.

successful?..... lol

InflationChart.png

• Like 6

We don't believe his "crackpot theories". We believe his demonstrable facts. He and Kucinich are at opposite ends of the pole, but they're two of the few representatives that we can deem as trustworthy. They have one thing in common; they both think that the Constitution is more than just an antiquated piece of paper.

• Like 9

We don't believe his "crackpot theories". We believe his demonstrable facts. He and Kucinich are at opposite ends of the pole, but they're two of the few representatives that we can deem as trustworthy. They have one thing in common; they both think that the Constitution is more than just an antiquated piece of paper.

Both now retired as of last month, unfortunately. Who've we got left?

• Like 1

Not sure about Kucinich but RP has announced a future of political activist speeches. I like his style. He never quits for the message of liberty.

I wouldn't be surprised if he runs as the Libertarian candidate in '16.

He's got my vote from Canada.

• Like 3

If the economy eventually collapses, will you admit that Ron Paul was correct?

• Like 3

If the economy eventually collapses, will you admit that Ron Paul was correct?

It already collapsed in 2000 and 2008. Of course he won't. He doesn't understand the cause and effect of the business cycle, so no, he will never admit that Ron Paul is correct until he understands the hazard of Keynesian economics. The free market would have thousands of little bubbles and thousands of little booms, analogous to a stew on simmer, not gigantic institutionalized booms and busts that we get from the price fixers at the bureau. Cause the boom - lament the bust - spend even more money to turn the bust into another borrowed boom - cause the boom - lament the bust - spend even more money to turn the bust into another borrowed boom - wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for you most of them have already come true. I can't believe you would even say this about one of the most true to his word politician in the US who, believe it or not, is actually FOR the people. If Ron Paul was elected as president I'd actually consider living in the place! Right now, unless I can come on and do my part to try help change things, I wouldn't ever consider living there.

What baffles me these days is why an earth people rally behind a leader with about as much integrity as a "too good to be true" product being sold on late night tv.

I don't know what else to tell you but, just think.

• Like 1

It's funny that you mentioned that. I thought about that very thing when I typed my post. Some people mentioned that Rand Paul carried the torch that his dad handed to him. He addressed killer drones and other subjects.

• Like 1

It's funny that you mentioned that. I thought about that very thing when I typed my post. Some people mentioned that Rand Paul carried the torch that his dad handed to him. He addressed killer drones and other subjects.

Not sure what kind of torch that would be because Rand certainly ain't no strict Libertarian like his old man. He's more of a progressive-constitutionalist.

• Like 2

Not sure what kind of torch that would be because Rand certainly ain't no strict Libertarian like his old man. He's more of a progressive-constitutionalist.

I have to admit as a subscriber of Rand Paul's channels, I'm not liking some of the things I'm hearing from him lately, acidhead. He's not the non-interventionist his father is for one thing, and seems to be falling into two divergent lines of reasoning between how we deal with ourselves and how our American exceptionalism deals with the rest of the world. You and I both march to the same banner and we've clashed on Rand Paul in the past where I was looking at him relative to his peers and you were grading him absolutely, and it's looking more and more like he's appealing to the mainstream of the Republican party, which I'm sure is great politics, but it's also a far cry from carrying the torch of his father. A small part of me wants to believe that he'll push all the right political buttons just to ascend to power in the White House like his father never could, and then pull the walls down and give everyone a liberty spanking, but with all the influences Washington puts on our politicians, I know that's like asking for a miracle.

Acidhead, you were right in the past to say that Rand Paul is no Ron Paul. You and preacherman76 may have been calling him out in the wake of the Mitt Romney endorsement but I can't say you guys didn't have the kernel of truth in your criticism. One of Ron Paul's last public comments about his son that I can remember is that he hoped Rand stayed true to the message of liberty. I've always wondered if he said that with any reservations behind it. How I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to their political conversations around the dining room table. It reminds me of one of Rand's last public comments about his father, that the lobbyists don't even knock on his door because they know he can't be bought and they'll be wasting their time. I wish I could say the same for Rand Paul but it seems like achieving the ultimate political power in this country and being bought go hand in hand.

Admitting all this just reinforces my belief that Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich were both a one-in-hundreds breed of rare. I will listen to both of these guys if they continue to stay active in speaking out on the issues. I'm glad Ron Paul is planning to as you said. Though I don't expect his message to change at all now that all that political weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

• Like 2

A small part of me wants to believe that he'll push all the right political buttons just to ascend to power in the White House like his father never could, and then pull the walls down and give everyone a liberty spanking, but with all the influences Washington puts on our politicians, I know that's like asking for a miracle.

You never know. I also wonder what they talk about in private.

He's got my vote from Canada.

Should be able to do a write in vote by then. Youll be a legal citizen of America wether you like it or not. Its called force immigration. Or the Pathway to Citizenship. Just be sure to sign up for some of our welfare and food stamps as well. Well send the check directly to your Canadian address.

• Like 1

The North American Union. Just like the EU except Canada and the USA absorbs all of Mexico and Latin America. ... South America.

An invasion of sovereign property.

Edited by acidhead

Lets add it to the agenda. It would be more cost effective then a trade agreement with the Eurozone and Russia/Japan.

The Reality is the United States is in for a big surprise. Capitalism is about to crumble so all you USA corrupt system supporter's think it will last, your sadly mistaken. All I'm going to do is watch and not talk to much mumbo like I been hearing. the great country that enslaved people, terrorized other countries,forced their so called democratic ways on countries,killed leader's because they don't agree with their power structure ,and fought wars for no real reason...Kharma is making it's way back and watch how the country turns out then. I don't care who doen't like what I said I did. Financial doom awaits the greedy.

• Like 1

It already collapsed in 2000 and 2008.

generallly we call those recessions or in extreme cases depression. NOT economic collapse as defined by RP. But believe what you will.

Edited by ninjadude

I can't argue with that. He might be Ron Paul Lite. Let's hope that he's just more nuanced and subtle in the presentation of his ideas. Maybe he knows how to play the game.

• Like 1

generallly we call those recessions or in extreme cases depression. NOT economic collapse as defined by RP. But believe what you will.

Whose definition of "economic collapse" do you use? I was using the term "collapse" colloquially to mean a period of "negative growth".

The tech bubble collapsed in 2000, the housing market collapsed in 2008. Both of these resulted in recession which is just fine. We have a recession every four years in this country and we always have. What's so special about this generation that they think they're entitled to mortgage our future to pad the numbers they produce? This is immoral, ninjadude. This is a game of diminishing returns and dumping debt onto our young people and it's not right.