Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The anti American Americans

Paracelse

Here I was thinking a God of Love would weep everytime someone defies him, turns out everytime someone defies him their names go on a list and they get dumped into hell instead.

• Like 2

Here I was thinking a God of Love would weep everytime someone defies him, turns out everytime someone defies him their names go on a list and they get dumped into hell instead.

Hell is nothing more than the common grave. The Roman Catholic Church bear the blame of altering it's meaning to imply Hell is a place of eternal suffering. This is only in regards to Human Beings. Don't worry about a non-existent place of 'eternal suffering.' Not for Mankind, anyway.

The Bible does talk of a lake of fire, but it's prepared solely for the Devil and his wicked Angels. The beings responsible for the morally corrupt state of the world today.

No, people have the free will to deify God whenever they please. Just realise there is no middle-ground. Theres Good, and theres Evil. One choice leads to death, the other leads to everlasting life.

It's impossible to serve both the God of Goodness, and the false God of Evil. For you will begin to love one and despise the other.

Take care.

no i will not read carefully or otherwise

stop preaching in the forum

Replying to your absurd, disrespectful, and unjust claim on my 'hypocrisy' involved using the Bible to prove my point that you were mistaken. This often happens in threads associated with God, such as.. Oh, I dunno.. this one.

Besides... True freedom of speech, includes the freedom to preach. I'd like you to reflect on that for a moment, love. Think I'll maybe sig that.

Humbly, I ask you to attempt to overcome your intollerance, and drop your prejudice against Christian's, for it doesn't benefit any of us. Cheers.

• Like 1

Replying to your absurd, disrespectful, and unjust claim on my 'hypocrisy' involved using the Bible to prove my point that you were mistaken. This often happens in threads associated with God, such as.. Oh, I dunno.. this one.

Besides... True freedom of speech, includes the freedom to preach. I'd like you to reflect on that for a moment, love. Think I'll maybe sig that.

Humbly, I ask you to attempt to overcome your intollerance, and drop your prejudice against Christian's, for it doesn't benefit any of us. Cheers.

no not on this forum - you are not to preach on the threads - read the rules

enough with your preaching now

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1

no not on this forum - you are not to preach on the threads - read the rules

enough with your preaching now

I stopped preaching a few posts ago, but I have a right to true freedom of speech. I don't feel a desire to listen to somebody who is clearly intollerant, prejudice and disdainful.

Regardless, take care, JG. I'll say a prayer for you before I go to bed tonight and will hope for the best.

Later.

And I'll say one for you, Insaniac, because anyone who is so callous as to happily consign his fellow man to being forever lost simply because they don't agree with you needs all the prayers he can get.

• Like 2

And I'll say one for you, Insaniac, because anyone who is so callous as to happily consign his fellow man to being forever lost simply because they don't agree with you needs all the prayers he can get.

Callous means one has an indifference to anothers suffering, which is nonsensical because I am far from that. It's better to build someone up, than it is to tear them down. Theres more joy in giving, than there is in recieving.

If you don't agree with a morally just, forgiving, and loving God, thats fine. It really is. Freedom of choice.

The choice is ultimately yours and yours alone, to decide whether or not you want to be "forever lost."

Everyone has the freedom to live however they want. However, wrong conduct comes with it's consequences.

There are no consequences for doing right. Think about it.

I hope that made sense. I'm just trying to point out a truth. I apologise if I come across as disrespectful.

Take care, Wearer.

• Like 1

I stopped preaching a few posts ago, but I have a right to true freedom of speech. I don't feel a desire to listen to somebody who is clearly intollerant, prejudice and disdainful.

Regardless, take care, JG. I'll say a prayer for you before I go to bed tonight and will hope for the best.

Later.

no one is trying to deny you freedom of speech. please dont make the mistake of thinking that means you can say whatever you want wherever you want.

there are guidelines here that state that no one is allowed to preach their religion on the boards. this is not my rule, but it's a good rule.

i am intolerant of people who push their beliefs on others. i make no bones about that as you can see. disdainful...hmm not really applicable here, and what was the other? oh yes, prejudice. also not applicable here. seems like you just want to use nasty words yourself there bud.

ah well water off a duck's back as they say

you go ahead and pray for me, that's very nice of you. thank you.

btw i am not a nonbeliever in god but i do think it's very sad that some people aren't happy unless everyone believes what they do.

well said

Inaniac, I believe in a God who through the sacrifice of his oly son redeemed the sins of the world.

Noone is abandoned, or consigned to the lonesome grave, because everyone is redeemed by the blood of the lamb Jesus. That's why the Catholic church holds true to the doctrine of Purgatory, we all go there to be purged of our sins.

Callous means one has an indifference to anothers suffering, which is nonsensical because I am far from that. It's better to build someone up, than it is to tear them down. Theres more joy in giving, than there is in recieving.

If you don't agree with a morally just, forgiving, and loving God, thats fine. It really is. Freedom of choice.

The choice is ultimately yours and yours alone, to decide whether or not you want to be "forever lost."

Everyone has the freedom to live however they want. However, wrong conduct comes with it's consequences.

There are no consequences for doing right. Think about it.

I hope that made sense. I'm just trying to point out a truth. I apologise if I come across as disrespectful.

Take care, Wearer.

I'm sorry but I don't think I need building up... Morality that comes from rules (don't do this because... if you'll do this, I'll do that) is maybe OK for people who think like kids but an adult doesn't need the fear of punishment to act morally... or fear of a reward for that matter. Your perspective is flawed. You act because of a god, I act because of Me.

Anyhow back to the topic. I dont agree with everything these folks have done, but I get it. This is the result of a over bearing government who has went way to far infringing the rights of the people.

• Like 2

Anyhow back to the topic. I dont agree with everything these folks have done, but I get it. This is the result of a over bearing government who has went way to far infringing the rights of the people.

Being a libertarian at heat (see Etienne de la Boetie, discourse on voluntary servitude) I understand what you are saying but on the other end, isn't choosing god over a governement a leap towards an other extreme?

Their beliefs could be deadly.. Radical religious groups worry me more than the government.. They are often blinded by their undeniable faith in God, and tend to lose sight of the "picture".

Right. Don't let the body counts fool you.

Being a libertarian at heat (see Etienne de la Boetie, discourse on voluntary servitude) I understand what you are saying but on the other end, isn't choosing god over a governement a leap towards an other extreme?

Being a Libertarian means that you are free to express yourself openly and within the market as long as you do not infringe on the property of another individual. If the individual chooses god over his GOV so be it... it's her choice.

I should add: GOD and GOV should never be compared.... one is make believe and the other tries to make you believe.

• Like 2

one is make believe and the other tries to make you believe.

Ok that was the quote of the day that I will actually remember :tu:

• Like 1

Being a Libertarian means that you are free to express yourself openly and within the market as long as you do not infringe on the property of another individual. If the individual chooses god over his GOV so be it... it's her choice.

I should add: GOD and GOV should never be compared.... one is make believe and the other tries to make you believe.

Excellent I love it.

• Like 1

And old co-worker of mine is a sovereign citizen, I had to listen to a whole spiel on how all the laws don't apply because of a technicality between nautical and civil law and even if they did, they didn't because all Americans were declared enemies of the state back during the great depression to allow the passage of the social security law. He sold Liberty Dollars and buried bullets in 10 gallon buckets in his backyard for the "revolution". He wasn't a Christian though, he believed that the nephilium were aliens that brought us here as clones to mine gold. Mind you, he doesn't run around blurting all this out. You actually had to talk to him and have somewhat of a pro-libertarian mindset before he would open up to you. His brothers were of the same mind, but didn't invest the effort into hoarding bullets or gold. He isn't really alone over here in Iowa either, they have their own network and even militia.

• Like 1

And old co-worker of mine is a sovereign citizen, I had to listen to a whole spiel on how all the laws don't apply because of a technicality between nautical and civil law and even if they did, they didn't because all Americans were declared enemies of the state back during the great depression to allow the passage of the social security law. He sold Liberty Dollars and buried bullets in 10 gallon buckets in his backyard for the "revolution". He wasn't a Christian though, he believed that the nephilium were aliens that brought us here as clones to mine gold. Mind you, he doesn't run around blurting all this out. You actually had to talk to him and have somewhat of a pro-libertarian mindset before he would open up to you. His brothers were of the same mind, but didn't invest the effort into hoarding bullets or gold. He isn't really alone over here in Iowa either, they have their own network and even militia.

There are quite a lot who,overtly or covertly, subscribe to the same thing. Their problem is once they start their "big revolution" they will be a few thousand against many millions. And it will go under as the harebrained uprising. The only problem I see is that they will furnish a good excuse to change some laws, for which those that have nothing to do with it will pay.

Id choose God over government everytime. If that makes me extreme, so be it. Though I must be about the most boring extremist on the planet.