Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ask A Satanist

demonic presence

So, after the opening of the ask a pagan thread, SC suggested i create an ask a Satanist thread, so ask away, i can clear up any misconseption you have about the Satanic faith and answer any question you might have wanted to know the answer to

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• demonic presence

• Nova Scotia

• SilverCougar

• Chauncy

Please my fine satanic friend. What does a satanist believe in?

*she asks to get that bit out of the way*

Now, a real real question... I remember when I worked with a satanist.. he had explained once that one of the things that satanists believe in is change and the chaos of such. That Satan is just a figure head with no more meaning then the Michilan man is for the tire store. XD

Please my fine satanic friend. What does a satanist believe in?

*she asks to get that bit out of the way*

Now, a real real question... I remember when I worked with a satanist.. he had explained once that one of the things that satanists believe in is change and the chaos of such. That Satan is just a figure head with no more meaning then the Michilan man is for the tire store. XD

true, Satanists do not believe in an actual external deity, we believe that we are our own gods and shape our own destinies, Satan is a symbol for indulgence, and our carnal instincts, though, as many Satanists forget, it is also a symbol for a dark force in nature that can help you get what you want if you learn use it.

true, Satanists do not believe in an actual external deity, we believe that we are our own gods and shape our own destinies, Satan is a symbol for indulgence, and our carnal instincts, though, as many Satanists forget, it is also a symbol for a dark force in nature that can help you get what you want if you learn use it.

yay! XD

Now another one.. in the chat you mentioned rituals.

What are they?! XD

so, dp, are satanists encouraged or discouraged from participating in other belief systems?

yay! XD

Now another one.. in the chat you mentioned rituals.

What are they?! XD

rituals, there are three basic types of Satanic ritual, Destruction, Compassion, and Lust, basically they are rituals fueled by psycho drama (we "summon" Satan and other demons to induce a lot of emotional energy) for a specific purpose, if one of your friends is sick and in the hospital, you do a compassion ritual to help them, if someone hurts you or your friends, a destruction ritual to hurt them back, if your looking for a new girlfriend, a lust ritual to help you get one, they are rituals in which through the tapping of the dark force of nature your emotions are amplified and sent out through, a kind of shared subconcious with the world

Note: Some of my fellow Satanists will disagree with me about the subconcious connection and how the ritulas work, those are just my opinions

so, dp, are satanists encouraged or discouraged from participating in other belief systems?

well that depends on what you define as belief system, if you mean other religions, then they are discouraged, the belief in a external deity is discouraged by just about every Satanist out there, but, they are permitted to participate in systems of occult practice that fit in with Satanic philosophy (such as Chaos Magick, Hermetics, etc.) though they could help out with some other religions and participate in some aspects of it, joining another religion and worshipping there god is self deceit which is one of the Satanic Sins.

Do Satanist really only eat the dark colored M&M's?

Do Satanist really only eat the dark colored M&M's?

oh yes, the other colors are too over rated :rolleyes:

rituals, there are three basic types of Satanic ritual, Destruction, Compassion, and Lust, basically they are rituals fueled by psycho drama (we "summon" Satan and other demons to induce a lot of emotional energy) for a specific purpose, if one of your friends is sick and in the hospital, you do a compassion ritual to help them, if someone hurts you or your friends, a destruction ritual to hurt them back, if your looking for a new girlfriend, a lust ritual to help you get one, they are rituals in which through the tapping of the dark force of nature your emotions are amplified and sent out through, a kind of shared subconcious with the world

Note: Some of my fellow Satanists will disagree with me about the subconcious connection and how the ritulas work, those are just my opinions

I see. So you don't really have that whole three folds rule that most pagans have. *nods* Intresting indeed!

Though.. the satyr side o' me looooves the lust spells. *snickers*

From my experiences with Satanists (The ones I have spoken with and what I have seen and read) all believe in Satan as a diety and worship him. I think you are the first to state other wise and that is were my question comes from. Now technacly a Christian is a Christian because they follow Christ. Buddists are Buddists because they follow Buddha and ect. So wouldnt you be under a diffrent catagory than a Satanist? Another point I have debated with other Satanists is the belief of Christ and the Allmighty, who they from both their beliefs and practices do say exist. Do you believe the same?

I have heard that there are perhaps two forms of Satanism. I guess it would make sense because just look at how many forms of Christianity there are. What would the differences be if there are indeed two forms of this religion?

From my experiences with Satanists (The ones I have spoken with and what I have seen and read) all believe in Satan as a diety and worship him. I think you are the first to state other wise and that is were my question comes from. Now technacly a Christian is a Christian because they follow Christ. Buddists are Buddists because they follow Buddha and ect. So wouldnt you be under a diffrent catagory than a Satanist? Another point I have debated with other Satanists is the belief of Christ and the Allmighty, who they from both their beliefs and practices do say exist. Do you believe the same?

well here is what most people get stuck on, Satan in Hebrew translates to Adversary, and as Satanists we are the adversarys of all other religions, we disagree with and pity all those who worship a God becasue they waste their lives praying to some invisible godform instead of living their life to the fullest.

There is another form of Satanism, what I am speaking of is LaVeyan Satanism, of the Church of Satan, there is a theistic form such as the Temple of Set, they believe that there is a deity known as the Prince of Darkness that has been portrayed as Satan, Set, Hades, and all the other evil gods of the time, and through the worship of him they can become gods after death. Then there are the Devil Worshipppers, who worship the Christian devil, i still refer to those as Christians since they believe in Christian Dogma, they are just reversed Christians

well here is what most people get stuck on, Satan in Hebrew translates to Adversary, and as Satanists we are the adversarys of all other religions, we disagree with and pity all those who worship a God becasue they waste their lives praying to some invisible godform instead of living their life to the fullest.

There is another form of Satanism, what I am speaking of is LaVeyan Satanism, of the Church of Satan, there is a theistic form such as the Temple of Set, they believe that there is a deity known as the Prince of Darkness that has been portrayed as Satan, Set, Hades, and all the other evil gods of the time, and through the worship of him they can become gods after death. Then there are the Devil Worshipppers, who worship the Christian devil, i still refer to those as Christians since they believe in Christian Dogma, they are just reversed Christians

Still, wouldnt your belief system still be catagorised as a Hebrew religion like Christianity or Jewish faith since its background has to do with the Hebrew culture? I would also think to keep from being under the catagory of the Church of Satan or the devil worshippers you and others of your belief would change the name of your faith. Much like the Buddists who did not strictly conform to true Buddism became Shaolin or something similar to this example.

Still, wouldnt your belief system still be catagorised as a Hebrew religion like Christianity or Jewish faith since its background has to do with the Hebrew culture? I would also think to keep from being under the catagory of the Church of Satan or the devil worshippers you and others of your belief would change the name of your faith. Much like the Buddists who did not strictly conform to true Buddism became Shaolin or something similar to this example.

well i guess you could catagorize it as a Hebrew faith, but not many people would, the Church of Satan was set down by a man named Anton LaVey, and he understood the meanings of all the symbolism and name far more than i do, i am only speaking what i know and i dont claim to know everything, im sure in time other sects of the Satanic faith will pop up, but the CoS has only been around for 41 years so not much has happened yet

I would just like to ask what attracted you to satanism ?

well, when i was younger i was a Christian, after a while though i realized that to me Christianity was a sham, so i looked into other religions, i was an atheist for about a year, and then i accidently stumbled upon Satanism, i saw an add on the internet for some website selling satanic ritual accessories, and i wondered about what Satanists believed, back then i thought it was all about devil worhsip much like many mis informed people do, so i searched for a website about it, and came upon the church of satan home page, i read there beliefs and rules and agreed with them, so i bought a copy of the Satanic Bible, read it, and realized that it was a book of basically my beliefs exactly, so ever since that day i have considered myself a satanist.

I see Satan as a creation of the Christian faith. does this mean you also believe that the christian god exists.

If so does this mean you credit this Christian god with all the power of lore?

I see Satan as a creation of the Christian faith. does this mean you also believe that the christian god exists.

If so does this mean you credit this Christian god with all the power of lore?

if you would have read the first question i answered, i already explained this

if you would have read the first question i answered, i already explained this
and your answer was:

Why is the Christian creation Satan used as a symbol for indulgence and your carnal instincts?

Why is the Christian creation Satan used as a symbol for indulgence and your carnal instincts?

Because Satan means Adversary, and as Satanists we are the adversaries of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinudism, etc. All of the god worhsipping religions, Satan is used to represets indulgence, carnal instincts, and the gratification of the self, which is just about the opposite of what the other religions do, with there rules against indulgence, their doctrines holding back the basic instincts that as an animal we humans have, He is used as a metephoric entity that embodies all that we as Satanists hold sacred.

Because Satan means Adversary, and as Satanists we are the adversaries of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinudism, etc. All of the god worhsipping religions, Satan is used to represets indulgence, carnal instincts, and the gratification of the self, which is just about the opposite of what the other religions do, with there rules against indulgence, their doctrines holding back the basic instincts that as an animal we humans have, He is used as a metephoric entity that embodies all that we as Satanists hold sacred.

Thanks for clearing that up. As there are theistic satanists aswell.

Why do Satanists feel it important to promote indulgence, carnal and animal instinct in humans?

Thanks for clearing that up. As there are theistic satanists aswell.

Why do Satanists feel it important to promote indulgence, carnal and animal instinct in humans?

becasue it is our basic instincts, we dont believe in supressing what we feel we need, if you want something, get it, though there are some rules that we do have none of them supress any of our natural desires and urges, though we have a moto, indulgence, not compulsion, dont do something just because you can, or because your used to always doing it, only do it if you feel you really want or need to.

Some extra info for you all

The Nine Satanic Sins

1. Stupidity

2. Pretentiousness

3. Solipsism

4. Self-deceit

5. Herd Conformity

6. Lack of Perspective

7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies

8. Counterproductive Pride

9. Lack of Aesthetics

The Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours,

who, because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in anothers lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires.

If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.