Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ask a Messianic Jew

Ashley-Star*Child

Hell, why not this is turning into a into an 'Ask a....' section lol

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova Scotia

• Ashley-Star*Child

• EmpressStarXVII

• Dr.Divine

This is honestly getting a little out of hand...I need a "Ask a half believer half skeptic" and a "Ask a Jedi" thread.

I never would of guessed you was messeonic jew .

Are you main stream messeonic jew ?

I went to 2 services with them but found i kind of made them hostile . I guess they hated the British isreal doctrine i beleave in with a passion .

They did not want no tribe of Joseph out there.

I use to experment with other sabbath keeping churches .

Use to Try Seven Day Adventist as they have one close to me . But i just wasn't one of them . I never fit .

Tribe of Joseph?

Messianic Jews follow Judaism but believe Jesus was the Messiah. Can't see why you wouldn't fit in.

We beleave Isreal put his name on Josephs sons and not Judaes .

Makes their rabies very angry to even hear such a thing

The 12 tribes of Judea don't change. Who are the sons of Joseph? If you're talking about Jesus' father, he wasn't Jesus' biological father anyway.

We beleave the jews are only 2.5 tribes of Isreal .

And 1 of the other tribes got a way bigger blessing then the Jews . Joseph got one hell of a blessing .

Joseph now is the English type peoples .

france = rubin

Zebulon = holland all ost tribes .

The jews never got the Big Blessing just look in gen 48- 49

If the jews are all of Isreals Children then the Bible never Happened as Ephrium alone was to be a multitude of Nations.

Well, I don't believe that. The 12 tribes of Judea are Hebrew/Jewish in origin, and Jospeh was also a Jew so there's no way any of his descendants would be european.

The first time the word Jew is used in Scripture you know what they are doing?

They are fighting a War against Isreal .

It was never put back together in Scripture .

In Isaiah 11 in the second exodus (a future event) the Jews are still seperate from ephrium .

Jewish people are and always will be God's chosen people, whether they have accepted Jesus yet or not.

But they got some brothers .

And that old Joseph was his fathers favorite . Makes them Some angry but its a fact .

I have to disagree with Cadet (sorry!:P), I like these "ask a..." threads. I'd like to majour in theology one day.

Forgive me if i sound ignorant, but do you only go by the old testiment, and dismiss the new testiment? And if so, why is that?

Well, no we don't disregard the NT, but we follow the laws of the OT. I personally disregard a few of the books of the NT where the writer had absolutely no contact with Jesus whatsoever, and therefore I find irrelevant. Even in the OT anything I find to merely be the opinion of the writer I disregard. I can make up my own mind.

your kind of like a muslim then you pick and chose what ever verses that would fit the way you want to beleave from a bible?

Well, no we don't disregard the NT, but we follow the laws of the OT. I personally disregard a few of the books of the NT where the writer had absolutely no contact with Jesus whatsoever, and therefore I find irrelevant. Even in the OT anything I find to merely be the opinion of the writer I disregard. I can make up my own mind.

Which NT books do you ignore, Ashley, and is that a decision you personally made or is that something all Messianic Jews do?

I also disagree with Cadet, I think these "Ask a..." threads are a great way to promote understanding.

I'm thinking of adding an "Ask a non-denominational Christian" thread, since Preacherbill is answering questions from the point of view of someone who is part of a denomination. I think we also need an "Ask a Catholic" thread.

Edited by IamsSon

I think Nova Scotia refers to the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom of Israel. There were originally 12 tribes of Israel - Asher, Benjamin, Dan, Gad, Issachar, Joseph, Judah, Levi, Naphtali, Reuben, Simeon, and Zebulun. The Northern Kingdom of Israel was invaded in 722BC by the Assyrians, and the tribes scattered. The Southern Kingdom of Judah only had 2. 5 tribes - Judah, Benjamin and the half-tribe of Manasseh (Ephraim being the other half, presumbaly, on account of both being sons of Joseph). Anywho, the race of people we know of as "Jews" all hail from the Southern Kingdom. This has since led to all sorts of theories as to where the other tribes of Israel that were displaced during the Assyrian invasion are now. Nova Scotia is suggesting the possibility of a British Israel. Hope that answers you.

Now, I have a quick question for you. What is the Messianic Jew's stance on mainstream Christianity? Do you see Christians as actual followers of God that have just been misguided by wrong interpretation of scripture, or do you see Christians as totally wrong and right out in their beliefs.

Another question - are there many Messianic Jews that accept the book of Enoch as the word of God also?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :tu:

Regards, PA

You said that the Jews will always be gods chosen people, whether they choose to accept him or not. What exactly does that mean? Will the Jews be the only ones to get into heaven? Why is it that God has chosen people when he is supposed (at least thats what I think) to love us all equally? If he loved us all equally, wouldn't that make us chosen people as well?

I think Nova Scotia refers to the ten tribes of the Northern Kingdom of Israel. There were originally 12 tribes of Israel - Asher, Benjamin, Dan, Gad, Issachar, Joseph, Judah, Levi, Naphtali, Reuben, Simeon, and Zebulun. The Northern Kingdom of Israel was invaded in 722BC by the Assyrians, and the tribes scattered. The Southern Kingdom of Judah only had 2. 5 tribes - Judah, Benjamin and the half-tribe of Manasseh (Ephraim being the other half, presumbaly, on account of both being sons of Joseph). Anywho, the race of people we know of as "Jews" all hail from the Southern Kingdom. This has since led to all sorts of theories as to where the other tribes of Israel that were displaced during the Assyrian invasion are now. Nova Scotia is suggesting the possibility of a British Israel. Hope that answers you.

Now, I have a quick question for you. What is the Messianic Jew's stance on mainstream Christianity? Do you see Christians as actual followers of God that have just been misguided by wrong interpretation of scripture, or do you see Christians as totally wrong and right out in their beliefs.

Another question - are there many Messianic Jews that accept the book of Enoch as the word of God also?

Thanks for taking the time to answer :tu:

Regards, PA

I'm actually saying i beleave the british are the tribe of Joseph . Ephrium is the British commanwealth Austrailia ,Canada , South africa, new zealand ect . Mannasah is America .

All only one tribe of isreal .

Other peoples like French , Dutch , scadinavians , maybe even spanish are all tribes of isreal .

They are like the Sand of the Sea .

But Joseph got the Blessing of carrying his fathers name in prophecy .

So if it Says Hear ye house of Isreal its speaking to America ,Brittian, Austrailia , Canada , New Zealand its not speaking to jews .

This is the Key to unlocking the prophecys of the Bible . And Ashly i would be Carefull what i throw away in that bible its there for a reason.

Just because mainstream Christianity and messionic jews want to Ignore Gen 48 and 49 don't mean the church of God is .

Well I can't speak for other MJ's but I think people are free to follow whatever faith they choose. As for Enoch, well, I'm one of them. :) The Coptic Ethiopian church has always had Enoch in their Bible. And thanks for clearing up the tribe thing.

Empress,

No I don't believe only the Jews go to Heaven (and I also don't believe in hell - there are temporal 'prisonhouses' in Heaven but not 'hell' all brimstone and fire), I instead believe EVERYONE goes to Heavento meet their maker or gets sent back reincarnated until they find their way. I interpret God's chosen people to be the fact that the Jews had a direct link with God and constant contact. Jesus himself was a Jew, so when God decided to send his own son, He sent him as a Jew.

IamsSon,

Like I said any book where the writer had no direct contact with God or Jesus. Romans, Corinthians, etc.

Nova Scotia,

I'm a Messianic Jew, not a Muslim, and it's not so much picking and choosing, it's the fact that I like my scripture to be directly from God, and where the writer has no direct contact with God they are making their own rules. I'd even go so far as to say that the apostles wrote in a few of their own opinions on what they thought was right at the time.

Muslim,

No not quite.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

You ever read how Paul claimed to have been taught? Gal 1

You know before Paul started writing books of the bible . he had a decent life . he was well versed in old testament scriptures . After his life just kept getting worse .

What was his motive ? Did he really have an experience on the road to damascus ? The apostles Accepted him .

Paul himself warned if if Any man or a Angel from heaven preach any other gospel then that ye have recieved let him be accursed .

Paul certainly did not beleave in muhamed coming , or mormon . or jws books . He was reconised by Christ apostles as Being Ligit .

Im just saying Paul claimed he did get it from God and Christ students Beleaved him .

But you have chosen not too .