Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The power of prayer

corakay

If anyone doesn't believe in the power of prayer.....

My husband has been laid off from the union for almost a year and our situation was becoming desperate. Six days ago, we began praying to St. Jude and today he was called back to work. I have always believed in the power of prayer, but have never before felt the hand of God so personally and immediately. Thank you God and thank you St. Jude for your love and compassion.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova Scotia

• corakay

• Cadetak

• Grandpa Greenman

If anyone doesn't believe in the power of prayer.....

My husband has been laid off from the union for almost a year and our situation was becoming desperate. Six days ago, we began praying to St. Jude and today he was called back to work. I have always believed in the power of prayer, but have never before felt the hand of God so personally and immediately.

Good for you're husband im glad he finally managed to get back to work but that does not really mean that the prayer did it. It could have been coincidence.

I love St. Jude .. He's my favorite Saint, I always pray to him for help. Glad to hear that things worked out for you and your husband and yes, prayers do work.

:)

I may have thought it could be a coincidence if it hadn't been so long since he'd last worked...also none of the other guys we know got called back.

The highest expression of prayer is actually direct union with the Godhead. True prayer is the laying aside of thoughts and experiencing enlightenment.

the prayers of a rightous man availeth much . Find one of them you got it made .

Maybe a freshly baptised I would think is quite clean .

I don't think much of this praying to jude stuff . Jude is Dead waiting resurection i don't think its him hearing you in my opinion.

the prayers of a rightous man availeth much . Find one of them you got it made .

Maybe a freshly baptised I would think is quite clean .

I don't think much of this praying to jude stuff . Jude is Dead waiting resurection i don't think its him hearing you in my opinion.

My thinking is that perhaps he is still in communication with God. I don't think he is just dead and waiting in limbo somewhere. I don't think its as simple as that. I also think that God does hear prayers to the saints as well. I don't know and even though I can't quite explain it, I have no doubt that it works.

you must be catholic?

I beleave the Dead are dead , living know they must die ,dead know not anything when you die your thoughts parish kind of deal .

Prayer does work, as a Pagan I pray to different Gods and Goddesses and I call them spells. I am glad your prayer was answered and your Husband is back to work. ;)

you must be catholic?

I beleave the Dead are dead , living know they must die ,dead know not anything when you die your thoughts parish kind of deal .

yes I was raised catholic. I've been dabbling in other areas though, trying some nondenominational churches to find some deeper spirituality. I think that all religions and denominations are interpretations of the same higher being even if we all call it something different. I refuse to believe however that when we die we are just dead. I have felt the presence of loved ones who've passed. I just told the story in a different topic about when my daughter was little and we were celebrating the birth of my son. She reached up to the ceiling, smiled and laughed. I asked what she was smiling about and she replied "grandad." the only one we called grandad was my grandfather who died a few months before I was born and I was named for. I believe he was there "visiting."

Edited by corakay

My thinking is that perhaps he is still in communication with God. I don't think he is just dead and waiting in limbo somewhere. I don't think its as simple as that. I also think that God does hear prayers to the saints as well. I don't know and even though I can't quite explain it, I have no doubt that it works.

how do you pray using Jude?

The Man taught the key to prayer in Mark 11:23,24 give it aread and congrats on your hubbies job.

There is no power in prayer.

At any given time there is two people from my family in the hospital. Each member of my Dad's side of the family has some kind of bad medical condition(except me). No amount of prayer saved my grandpa from dying at the age of 35. My Dad has to have brain surgery every other month, my grandma has little to no memory(doesn't know who I am), my uncle is infertile, my other uncle contracted a lung disease while in the army, he was helping build houses for the homeless, I had two baby cousins die(some medical problems), and the list goes on.

My Dad could die at any given moment. The infamous family quote "If your not dead by the age of fifty your at least dying."

My Dad's side of the family and my Step Mom's family are all christians...no amount of prayer ever helped anything.

Out of my entire family tree only two people where "healthy"...and in all God's infinite irony he gave good health to my pagan great grandma and me the non religious guy.

I will always remember what one of my Dad's doctor's said: If prayer worked I would be out of a job.

Prayer alone holds no power...you have to give it power. Will yourself to the things that need to be done...pure will power can even heal medical conditions(look up the Placebo drug).

Edited by Cadetak47

Be carefull Corakay the spirit world can put on some shows .

One time my Brother rented a house that was suppose to be haunted (you would hae to know my brother) sure enough one night in happens .

He wakes up and looks out of his bedroom and there is a old lady setting on a bed ,she gets up and walks to the window and looks out the window . (sure enough its the lady that died in the house ) he said their was like a blue light shining in the window .

My brother just went back to sleep in the morning when his girlfriend wakes up .He looks at her and says i guess your going to have some help with the house work .

My brother don't lie , he did see something . And others that rented the House seen something there too .

But what was it ? don't you think the Spirit world could put on a show of a person that use to live there .I mean us men can put on a tv program recorded years earlier . Why can't the Spirit world put on a Show too ?

Nice way of Keeping people decieved.

The bible teaches they are Dead . A deep sleep .

Will they wake up some day? yes . To them they are already there as because they have no thoughts there is no time perriod . So its just like a split second in their minds but it may of been thousands of years that pass .

Edited by Nova Scotia

I just want to Add , Go look at what daniel was told in the last verse of the book of Daniel .

for thou shalt rest and stand in thy lot at the end of the days .

Why would Daniel be resting till the end of days but jude is up there answering prayer? Daniel was greatly loved by God .

Why is no King David in heaven ? The bible says plainly he never accended to heaven . But in the last days he will be raised up .

There is no power in prayer.

At any given time there is two people from my family in the hospital. Each member of my Dad's side of the family has some kind of bad medical condition(except me). No amount of prayer saved my grandpa from dying at the age of 35. My Dad has to have brain surgery every other month, my grandma has little to no memory(doesn't know who I am), my uncle is infertile, my other uncle contracted a lung disease while in the army, he was helping build houses for the homeless, I had two baby cousins die(some medical problems), and the list goes on.

My Dad could die at any given moment. The infamous family quote "If your not dead by the age of fifty your at least dying."

My Dad's side of the family and my Step Mom's family are all christians...no amount of prayer ever helped anything.

Out of my entire family tree only two people where "healthy"...and in all God's infinite irony he gave good health to my pagan great grandma and me the non religious guy.

I will always remember what one of my Dad's doctor's said: If prayer worked I would be out of a job.

Prayer alone holds no power...you have to give it power. Will yourself to the things that need to be done...pure will power can even heal medical conditions(look up the Placebo drug).

I understand your pain. I don't talk about this much, but I lost a daughter a few years ago. For a long time, I thouhgt God was a joke. Why would He give me this beautiful child just to take her away from me (in a very traumatic way.) Then a few months later we were in a car accident which has taken most of the use of my left leg and left me in daily pain.

To be honest, I didn't pray for a long time. I didn't want anything to do with God. I took almost two years, but I went and talked to my priest and just being with him gave me a sense of peace...like God was there holding my hand. I don't know why these things happen to us, but I do know that God is there. Sometimes He answers our prayers, but they just aren't the answers we want.

We all have our burdens to bear....unfortunately it seems like some have more to bear than others. I have come to terms with the fact that there was a reason for these things (and many others I have not mentioned) and that I will never know it until I die and am reunited with God and my daughter.

That was why I made this post. I was trying to rejoice in the little things...the prayers that God does answer in the way we want. To some a job may seem like a little thing, but to us it was a turning point in a life that has been beating us up lately. It was the first time we truly prayed in a long time and we were answered. I think that is something to rejoice over and that it truly was the work of God.

I just want to Add , Go look at what daniel was told in the last verse of the book of Daniel .

for thou shalt rest and stand in thy lot at the end of the days .

Why would Daniel be resting till the end of days but jude is up there answering prayer? Daniel was greatly loved by God .

Why is no King David in heaven ? The bible says plainly he never accended to heaven . But in the last days he will be raised up .

I know all the things that the Bible says and I don't think that they are wrong...I just think that we don't quite understand them. I also know that the Church teaches us about prayer and saints....I think the Church knows what the Bible says. I'll have to look into how the Church reconciles this. I, however, am ok with the fact that we can't understand God's plan.

Nothing wrong with praying Corakay . Its just in my opinion You should pray to your heavenly Father in Christ name .

And if you find God is not listening to your prayers pray to the Father for the wisdom to see why .

Pray to the Father for wisdom and faith . Ask him to show you why if hes not listening to you .

Nothing wrong with God ,he will hear prayer . If your prayer is not being aswered its you you have to exsamin.

There mght be something wrong .Use your bible beware of Men.

Sorry to Hear about your daughter I beleave you will see her again.

Forget about Jude Pray to your heavenly father through your high priest Jesus Christ . Forget about the men

Nothing wrong with praying Corakay . Its just in my opinion You should pray to your heavenly Father in Christ name .

And if you find God is not listening to your prayers pray to the Father for the wisdom to see why .

Pray to the Father for wisdom and faith . Ask him to show you why if hes not listening to you .

Nothing wrong with God ,he will hear prayer . If your prayer is not being aswered its you you have to exsamin.

There mght be something wrong .Use your bible beware of Men.

Sorry to Hear about your daughter I beleave you will see her again.

Forget about Jude Pray to your heavenly father through your high priest Jesus Christ . Forget about the men

I think that in praying to the saints, we really are praying directly to God. It's not like he shuts his hears and says I cant hear you! It's more of the intent begind the prayer. God knows that when we are praying to St Jude it's because we feel we are a hopeless case. And it's not like I think St Jude answers my prayers...I know it's Christ Himself. But why not pray to the saints as well? I believe (and I know others don't) that St Jude is there with Christ and that I am praising God with St. Jude.

OK, that sounds all jumbled, but I can't get my thoughts down quite right.

I understand your pain. I don't talk about this much, but I lost a daughter a few years ago. For a long time, I thouhgt God was a joke. Why would He give me this beautiful child just to take her away from me (in a very traumatic way.) Then a few months later we were in a car accident which has taken most of the use of my left leg and left me in daily pain.

To be honest, I didn't pray for a long time. I didn't want anything to do with God. I took almost two years, but I went and talked to my priest and just being with him gave me a sense of peace...like God was there holding my hand. I don't know why these things happen to us, but I do know that God is there. Sometimes He answers our prayers, but they just aren't the answers we want.

We all have our burdens to bear....unfortunately it seems like some have more to bear than others. I have come to terms with the fact that there was a reason for these things (and many others I have not mentioned) and that I will never know it until I die and am reunited with God and my daughter.

That was why I made this post. I was trying to rejoice in the little things...the prayers that God does answer in the way we want. To some a job may seem like a little thing, but to us it was a turning point in a life that has been beating us up lately. It was the first time we truly prayed in a long time and we were answered. I think that is something to rejoice over and that it truly was the work of God.

Think about it this way...God did give you the job but he's also the one who took the old one away.

God is not all good...truely good people stop evil if they have the power to.

"With great power there comes great responsibility"

"Evil only prevails when the good men do nothing"

Ive met better men then God.

cadetak47 he is going to stop it someday (when the lesson is learned)

and he can fix what is broken

and he can wake up those asleep .

cadetak47 he is going to stop it someday (when the lesson is learned)

and he can fix what is broken

and he can wake up those asleep .

What lesson? Is my dad's brain problems sopose to somehow teach him something? Was there some marvelous lesson to be learned when my baby cousins died? When my uncle was in the army he contracted a bad lung disease while building houses in a poor no named island country...whats the lesson there...don't help people or I will make you sick?

God can do a lot of things...but he doesn't and thats the problem.