Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul to Make Major Announcement Next Week

acidhead

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=456#comments

Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton

September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• MasterPo

• acidhead

• Mr  Honeybadger

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/?p=456#comments

Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Jesse Benton

September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

OOOO how exciting. I've been an avid Ron Paul advocate for a long time. My hubby and I donated money to his campaign when we could afford it. He's really above all other who I would have liked to see in the candidacy...

Edited by Ambriel

I bet he's going to endorse Bob Barr. I really hope he doesn't though. I've been a big Ron Paul supporter. But I'm still not sold on Barr. Much of his past voting record isn't very Libertarian.

Well, I'm sure all 5000 Paul supporters will be glued to their asylum chairs.

I can actually hope that Ron Paul might be able to inspire a lasting new party.

Some of his ideas and thoughts are quite good, and they are at least not the same old Kennedy agenda from the 1970s that the Dems still use and seem to be locked into like a kind of time warp loop. The only change they have come up with is selecting a proven habitual liar and friend of terrorists as their presidential candidate, while claiming constantly that he will do wonderful Clinton like things even though they rejected the Clintons. They have finally lost their collective minds.

The US needs two viable parties to keep it from turning into a single party fascist state and the Dems are clearly in a state of dry rot, never anything new, and they stick with old ideas like National Health Insurance which has already been proven a complete disaster in states like Mass. that implemented the program at a state level.

I wish Ron Paul and his people success. I think it is what all of us need. Even though I disagree with him on many things, mostly those would need many members of congress to ever pull off, he and his group so offer some real choice for some new things and some genuine new ideas.

Edited by Bella-Angelique

Was that supposed to be an insulting dig? I'm confused. I don't understand what you were attempting to accomplish with that statement if it wasn't.

But I can assure you, there are far more than 5,000 of us out there. Most of us have never seen an asylum chair :P

Edited for spelling

Edited by Ambriel

Was that supposed to be an insulting dig? I don't understand what you were attempting to accomplish with that statement if it wasn't.

And I can assure you, there are far more than 5,000 of us out there. Most of us have never seen an asylum chair :P

Edited for spelling

The asylum part was based on his behavior traits and those of his supporters. Take that loony Paul supporter during McCain's speech as an example.

As for the numbers, I believe he received less than 1% of the total votes....more or less, and about 40 delegates.

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for quite awhile now.

I tend to think WE are the sane ones.

Leave the asylum chairs for the masses who keep voting in the same knuckle-heads election after election.

He carried several percentile of every state. So your post is factually wrong. In addition to this, you feel the need to insult people who have done nothing to you. It's uncalled for and childish.

From what i've seen on both sides, i see a nation brainwashed by the candidates who offer nothing new and just say what the masses want to hear.

Who are the real sane ones in this case???

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for quite awhile now.

I tend to think WE are the sane ones.

Leave the asylum chairs for the masses who keep voting in the same knuckle-heads election after election.

I agree Ohio. If you vote the same, you will get the same.

The asylum part was based on his behavior traits and those of his supporters. Take that loony Paul supporter during McCain's speech as an example.

I thank you for your opinion

What's he planning to do, run for President as an independent? :D Or is it something weirder -i.e., he's going to start a guerrilla movement in the United States?

From what i've seen on both sides, i see a nation brainwashed by the candidates who offer nothing new and just say what the masses want to hear.

Who are the real sane ones in this case???

Ron Paul is just about the only one. Too bad the "movers and shakers" know that if Paul was elected, their ways would be thwarted in many areas.

I had hopes that Ron Paul would get more support than he did, but the Mainstream Media made sure he got virtually zero exposure.

Regards,

Karlis

:tu:

Yes... I like to make a habit of giving the thumbs up to someone after they make a factually false and rude post. It's sort of our thing I guess. So...

:tu:

Ron Paul is just about the only one. Too bad the "movers and shakers" know that if Paul was elected, their ways would be thwarted in many areas.

I had hopes that Ron Paul would get more support than he did, but the Mainstream Media made sure he got virtually zero exposure.

Regards,

Karlis

.. no doubt the MSM didn't want Ron Paul to have a fair chance along side Coke and Pepsi

yet,

Ron Paul made his mark and we all love him for it!

.. no doubt the MSM didn't want Ron Paul to have a fair chance along side Coke and Pepsi

yet,

Ron Paul made his mark and we all love him for it!

He didn't make a big enough mark. I wish he'd have run for the libertarian party. Try and make them more mainstream for the ultimate goal of making into onto the debates.

RP can run as an independent if he wants. He can start a new party. No biggie. We have plenty.

But he isn't going to be President. Not now, not ever. Ask the Linden LaRusch people.

RP can run as an independent if he wants. He can start a new party. No biggie. We have plenty.

But he isn't going to be President. Not now, not ever. Ask the Linden LaRusch people.

Of course he isn't going to be president. It isn't about becoming president. It's about starting a movement allowing those of your own views down the road to be able to be president.

Of course he isn't going to be president. It isn't about becoming president. It's about starting a movement allowing those of your own views down the road to be able to be president.

And that's just it: Anyone with his views won't be President.

I don't necessarily disagree with certain of his points when I hear them. But the overall package doesn't sell on Main Street, USA.

He didn't make a big enough mark. I wish he'd have run for the libertarian party. Try and make them more mainstream for the ultimate goal of making into onto the debates.
Last time he put his hand for the Presidency was as a Libertarian candidate. Not enough support country-wide, there.

I think he has started a "New Wave" amongst young people, and that wave will ... well, "make more waves". :)

Regards,

Karlis

It really is mind-boggling sometimes to see "conservatives" attacking a genuine conservative like Ron Paul.