Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What do you believe about religion?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:28 PM

We're different kinds of agnostics then, Stamford.

Ahh, Aslan, you just put it more clearly than me, 'tis all.  wink2.gif

Probably should have stuck with "fence sitter"  blink.gif

Actually, I am really a Neo-Fascist Satanist, with links to David Iyke!!!!  whistling2.gif

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#32    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:39 PM

I mean if am gonna live fair life i wanna at least be rewarded for it later

Ah, but you see I'm content to live a good life for goodness' own sake tongue.gif There's something to be said for being able to live a good life, without any of that "god fearing" stuff needing to motivate you wink2.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#33    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina )

I don’t believe in god…the afterlife…the so called ‘spirit world’, or astral planes, and so on and so forth; I simply have enough confidence in myself and my place in the world that I don’t somehow need to validate my existence by assuming I’m part of a ‘grand plan’ by some higher being.
I don't see religion as a way of finding my place in the world . Allthough I believe in a spiritual realm . I beliveve it is something we can't escape . I just don't know what it is , and I won't know untill I die .

I consider religion nothing but control…

I consider it more of a science .. original.gif  

#34    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Midnight Shadow

• 2,745 posts

• Ride the Air

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:21 AM

crosswarrior
1. Let your post consist of what you believe; why you believe it; and how it effects how you live.
2. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT bash another religion, or posting. Or try frantically to "Convert" the last poster. This goes for Atheist, Christians, Buddiest; Everyone.
3. Please put all that you wish to say in 1 post. Please only add another post if absolutly necessasary.
4. If what anyone says offends you...Then make your own posting and discuss that aspect, or contact that person by some other means other then this thread.
I understand that this is somewhat constrictive; but I am trying to keep this from turning into a senseless brawl. If everyone follows these guidelines there should be a much greater chance of being able to avoid meaningless verbal attacks.

Just a slight reminder since we have made it to page three ... wink2.gif  

Posted Image

#35    crosswarrior

crosswarrior

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• In The Name Of God, Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation. AMEN

Posted 16 January 2004 - 07:47 PM

Thank you I was just about to repeat myself. grin2.gif  

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
(Justice, though heaven fall)

Enter freely. Go safely and leave something of the happiness you bring.

#36    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 16 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

Ignore this I will bbl and edit it..

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#37    Nethius

Nethius

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 02:08 PM

1. Let your post consist of what you believe; why you believe it; and how it effects how you live.

i believe in big bang (or something similar) and evolution

I believe this, because i think believing in a God is no different then believing in a tree spirit or water spirit.  If there was a God, shouldn't he do something to prove to all the non believers that he does exist?  since that # is growing more and more each day?

it doesnt effect my everyday life'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users