Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some thoughts to share

revrtolson

Greetings all,

I was reading my email and thinking about all the stuff going on with Hurricane Rita and I wanted to share some thoughts on Spiritual Warfare. I know that some of you may have different religious views than I (I am Christian), but I know there may be those among you that may find this interesting. For those of you who may not be interested in this, I mean no disrespect toward other Beliefs, but I only wish to present this for those who this may be for.

Spiritual Warfare, to some of you, may bring things such as possession to mind more than anything else. I wanted to share a few words on a different aspect of this Warfare...one that we sometimes forget about.

Recently a Chaplain I know posted a writing titled "Satan is doing his job, are you?". It was about a meeting Satan held about how to lead people away from God. Here is a good exerpt:

"As their families fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape

from the pressures of work!"

"Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still,

small voice."

"Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they

drive." To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in

their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world

plays non-biblical music constantly."

"This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers."

"Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day."

(email me for the full post)

The point is, Satan knows he can't stop us from praying and going to church, so he figures to keep us too busy to spend time with God. God knows I am guilty of it all too often, as I know there are those among you who are in the same position. Time is running out. Another post that I received from a Chaplain I know said:

"The storms you see in the natural are but a

reflection of the stirring in the spiritual realm. Take courage, Take

comfort-This life is but a shadow passing in the twilight hours, and

no one can comprehend that which I have for my children."

I am not trying to make any assumptions or say that the hurricanes of late are "God's Punishment", but look at the hurricane seasons over the past few years. Something is stirring. Today, even to me, has proven quite interesting as I had a few "coincidences" that point to this. Let's not let our guard down or turn back now...Christ is coming back soon and we need to be ready...God Bless!

In His Service,

Chaplain (1LT) Robert S. Tolson

Acting Brigade Commander

Maryland Brigade, 2nd Division

United States Corps of Chaplains

revrtolson@yahoo.com

www.uscochq.com

http://mdbrigade.tripod.com

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mako

• Stellar

• draconic chronicler

• revrtolson

:o What! Satan :devil: held a meeting and I was not invited :angry2: What a b******!

Anyway you should read up on how weather works and the cycles of weather through out the century.

^Lol, and why do people think this has to do with religion, our earth is going through another change after 10,000 years....

You have to blame God for all this, after all he admits creating evil and he created Satan (fully knowing what would happen with that one), so any bad things that came from creating evil and Satan can be laid at the door of the all-knowing god!

That makes sense. So I guess its not much of spiritual warfare but somebody who is watching his or her own movie and loving every minute of it.

bro chaplainrev rt olson

i agree wholeheartedly

satan brings darkness causing blindness,fear,confusion.in darkness satan hides; to

harm, to hurt and to bring pain.

let us work while it is yet day ! jesus brings light; to see, to heal,to reveal truth.

jesus brings love and compassion.he has shown us how to love and care for others

he has taught us how to "destroy the darkness" and to destroy the "works" of the devil.

daniel 11:33/ 12:3

per revdberk spec5 1968 ben hoi veit nam/and HE brought me through it all!

Yes he (Satan) does cause all these things. The best part is that we are Champions in Christ. I think one thing, seeing the responses I received, needs to be clarified.

I understand what science says about this weather. I know about the 10,000 year change theory bit as well as the global warming theory that says the gulf temp has increased by 1 degree constant. This is science's view, however.

Ephesians 6:12 says that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but instead against principalities and powers of darkness. This is no movie, nor is it the work of some sadistic or uncaring God, or anything else like that.

Jesus also speaks of the end in the Book of Matthew. He speaks of how the weather will become "abnormal" in a word. He also says that daughter will rise against mother and son against father (I think that one makes itself known quite well in today's society); that babies will give birth to babies (and yet now we have 12 and 13 year old girls giving birth); there will be wars and rumors of wars (the war in Iraq is a good example as well as the rumors of degrading relations with other countries); that we will not know the season (and yet now we are finding ourselves having summer weather in winter and vice versa). This is only a few examples.

The point is, we need to stop looking only to our science or what is "tangible" for the answer. Time is truly of the essence. As I said before, I know that there are those here who may not share the same viewpoint, that Christ is the Son of God. Perhaps, though, it is time that we take another look at what is going on around us. The End is near as Revelations is upon us.

I have prayed about this quite a bit, and I just don't see how natural it is to have 2 record breaking hurricanes enter the Atlantic Basin in less than a month of eachother. That, combined with the many other things that go on in today's society and in the world show clearly that these are the Last Days. Not some movie, or some joke...or whatever you may think to be true. The Second Coming is soon. I have spoken to someone recently (her and her husband are jewish) and she told me that many jewish people are saying that "something is coming". I ask that we all take heed to this, as truly the time is near...

In His Service,

Acting Brigade Commander

okay, folks, this is ji\ust more christian gobblety gook, misinterpreting your own savior. he says

6: And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

in other words, even though there will be wars, do not take it to be a sign of the end. when will you christians start reading your own gospels and think for yourselves, instead of blindly following your church teachings?

by the way, hurricanes follow an eleven year natural cycle, the the sun, and scientists have been predicting this year to be a really really bad year for hurricanes!

question, read, learn something.

I'm shocked - I agree with GM.

the fact is that people have believed that the end is near for the past two-thousand years. No one knows when the time will come. Jesus will come like a thief in the night.

Regards, PA

Chaplain,

If the Old Testament is the true word of God as Jesus himself said, then I am afraid you are calling the Saviour a "liar", because in the original Old Testament books endorsed by Jesus, the biblical creature Sataniel, has nothing to do with the Fall of Man, War in Heaven, etc. He is still a trusted servants of God, and counted among His "Sons" in the book of Job, long after the Garden of Eden. This is also verified in many of the other ancient Hebrew texts.

Satan's role changed when pagan Greek and Asian ideas of "dualism" contaminated the theology of the Hellenistic Jews, and the new Christian faith. Pagan religion needed a "bad God" to explain the evil in the world, and unfortunately, the early Christians, mostly converted pagan Greeks could only accept the christian doctrine if it was full of the "spice" of pagan religions, with wars among the Gods, and other such nonsense.

Why isn't there a fiery "Hell" in the Old Testament? Because the Pagan Greek followers of Jesus added it to the "Bible". Why isn't everyone tormented by demons in the Old Testament? It is because this was "added" to Christianity by its pagan Greek converts who believed in Demons, as was giving their new religion a Pagan-like "bad god" , which they created by "framing" the Cherubim-dragon Sataniel, which on the contrary, all the pre-Hellenic, Old Testament texts suggest was nothing more than a loyal heavenly creature who sought out, and reported to God the inquitites and sins of mankind. Nothing in the original Bible places Sataniel in the Garden of Eden, nor leading rebellious angels in war a against God, or any connection with a human king known as Lucifer, who does not even appear in the oldest, versions of the Bible that were not tampered with by Christians. This attempt to create a suitable "Devil" out of the old Testament texts where there never was one, is so contrived and lame, that it would almost be laughable, if it were not responsible for terrorizing generation after generation of humans since false Christians first invented this blasphemy to make their religion as "pagan" as all the rest in the Roman Empire that it had to complete with for new converts. Do you realize that the book of revelations is so Blasphemous that it acknowledges the existence of Pagan Greek Gods? Or that the punishment of Satan in that book is a plagiarism stolen from much older Zorastrian text that would happen to their evil dragon god, wrapped in chains and cast into the Abyss? If these were true "revelations" why are they ripped off stories taken from other Pagan religions? Jesus certainly didn't endorse it. All we have is the "word" of a bitter prisoner of Rome, exilede on an island, who claimed his bad dream was a heavenly vision. And for that matter, he stated quite implicitly that Jesus would return in that generation.

I sincerely hope that in your sermons you do not induce some mother to drown her children or chop of their heads because you terrorized her into believing in your ficticious pagan greek demons led by Satan.

It is possible to believe in God, and believe Jesus was his Son, without the blasphemy of filling Christianity with pagan Asian and Greek beliefs, that include elevating an unimportant servant creature into the opponent of God complete with an "army" of Greek demons. Common sense, and a modern understanding of psychology tells us that Jesus was curing mental illnesses, not driving out demons in those New Testament stories, which really should not have been written down in the first place, let alone by pagan Greeks who believed mental illnesses were actually demons. Modern man does not need to believe that nonexistent demons and the Devil are having meetings to decide more non-Christian music needs to be played in restaurants and elevators. Ancient pagans had to have some evil entity, often something "scary" like a dragon, to blame for the evil that men themselves do. Perhaps the reason why the Hebrews were called the "Chosen People" was because they were almost unique in the whole world to acknowledge just one God, without some dualistic evil God opponent to to blame their own shortcoming on. Jesus wasn't trying to create a new religion, nor did he ask his disciples to. He was trying to bring the God of the Jews to the pagan world, and unfortunately he met with only mixed success. Yes, the pagans did accept the Jewish God, but it was all for naught, for they still kept all of their old pagan beliefs too, including demons, and powerful "evil God/Devil" to counter the "good God".

This is the 21st century. There are esteemed scientists who have shown the compatibility of science, evolution and the Old Testatment creation story, yet there are Christians who insist on making it an absurd six day fairy tale. If you mean to interpret/preach Christianity as a religion based on ancient Greek and near eastern pagan beliefs and fear of demons, then this religion will only continue to diminish. It is not that a nonexistent "devil" is driving people away from God, it is that most Christian sects still preach pagan superstition and fairy tales in a modern world, that could, with some common sense applied to religious beliefs, still be a "Christian World".

Edited by draconic chronicler

Christ is coming back soon and we need to be ready...

Humanity has heard that for 2000 years. We'll still wait another 2000, and another 2000 after that before anything comes of it.

He speaks of how the weather will become "abnormal" in a word.

Who says the weather is abnormal?

that babies will give birth to babies (and yet now we have 12 and 13 year old girls giving birth)

Whoah, first of all, I dont consider 12 year olds babies. Not only that, but it was in the past that 12 year olds were considered old enough for marriage and pregnancy. Its not accepted like that anymore.

there will be wars and rumors of wars (the war in Iraq is a good example as well as the rumors of degrading relations with other countries)

So were all the wars in the past. Even more so, because they didnt rely on up to date information.

that we will not know the season (and yet now we are finding ourselves having summer weather in winter and vice versa).

Dont exaggerate. Btw, I wasnt aware it snowed in Florida too often for quite some time, yet they disinguish the seasons quite easily.

The End is near as Revelations is upon us.

The end is always near and revelations is always upon us it seems. Hell, in the BC world, we could have said the same.

I ask that we all take heed to this, as truly the time is near...

You say that so often it seems you're wondering who to convince, us or yourself.

"Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they

drive." To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in

their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world

plays non-biblical music constantly." ?????

geez, this is just ridiculous, this looks like ideas of christian fanatic from 1000 years ago, who still lives in fear of satan and belief of the bible.

the weather is well explained by science and has nothing to do with religion. there is always some prediction or teaching writen somewhere, but its always very abstract, writen for people who interpret it as they wish, somehow i never seen anything saying "that will happen exactly then,by that with this"

Somehow, I think we are being jerked around by a person or persons that are trying to make their assertions look official – Here is what a Google of the United States Chaplains Corps shows:

The United States Chaplains Corps, Inc. is a nationally recognized non-profit civilian service organization, consisting entirely of volunteers who are willing to give of themselves to the communities in which they live.

You do NOT need to be an ordained Minister or a military Chaplain to become a member of the USCC. In fact, many of our members are simply our neighbors that have a desire to serve their community in a variety of ways. Our membership proudly consists of chaplains currently serving in local hospitals and nursing homes, Veterans' Administration, VFW, American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Vietnam Veterans of America and other veteran-oriented organizations, within the prison system and within their own communities. Most of our Chaplains are non-clerical civilians and members of the lay community in which they reside. The United States Chaplains Corps, Inc. serves as the focal point for these diverse groups to come together in a common ministry.

A major focus of our membership is to pay respect and to honor deceased members of the military and, upon request, to provide ministerial assistance and pastoral counseling to their families. We also have a strong presence in the senior community; serving as chaplains at local Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Hospice residences.

In addition, many volunteers of the United States Chaplains Corps, Inc. are available within their own communities to preside at funerals, to officiate at weddings, to visit nursing homes and hospitals, to serve as a spiritual resource in their workplaces, to help the homeless, visit the imprisoned, officiate at sports' events and to provide whatever pastoral assistance is requested or needed regardless of one's religious affiliations and beliefs.

The ordained and designated chaplains of the United States Chaplains Corps, Inc., as well as our affiliated members, stand ready to serve as emergency responders in assisting local authorities during times of crisis as well as being a resource for the community.

In His Service,

Acting Brigade Commander

Whoah wait a minute, wait one minute... A chaplain commanding a brigade? Why the hell are you calling it "Maryland brigade" in the first place? I've never seen something like that, I've only seen numerican references such as "3rd brigade".

Please, sir (:rolleyes:), tell me what you do as acting brigade commander... and why a 1LT is in acting command of a brigade in the first place.

Stellar, check out his link for the Bridage:

http://mdbrigade.tripod.com

It seems that they assign your rank to you. I guess if 1st looie is as high a rank as is available you would be the acting commander. It's not like it is really a military organization anyway, just what we professional military sneer at, civvies wanting to play soldier! :yes:

It's not like it is really a military organization anyway, just what we professional military sneer at, civvies wanting to play soldier!

Noo... I would never have thought that a whole organisation such as that was based on "lets pretend we're all in the military!" I should have known better. God damn civvies. Not only are they slow, have a hollywood outlook on the military, but now it seems to be more and more common for civvies trying to pass off the impression that they know about the military, or worse, are military :rolleyes:

Im sorry, but you have no right to call yourself 1LT until you've done all your military training, including the platoon commander's course.

Dang it! I wish I would have looked at his "title" more closely. If I had known he was just a "fake" chaplain, I wouldn't have spent so much time on that post!

Stellar, check out his link for the Bridage:

Wow, you sure can tell who spent his quarter century in the Air Force. Look at my gross misspelling of Brigade! Sorry to any Army or Marine troops out there, we don't have that organizational level, I guess Air Group would come closest. :yes:

Apology accepted, after all I spent more time with the Army and continue to do so now, and didn't notice he wasn't a real chaplain, though thought he was probably NG or reserve. With OP Iraqi Freedom, they are literally crawling out of the woodwork everywhere. I never knew about this fake Chaplain thing, but do know of so called "State Guards" developed for "wannabe soldier" civilians, usually obese ones that could never get in the real army.

and didn't notice he wasn't a real chaplain, though thought he was probably NG or reserve.

Thats what I thought.

I had thought along the same lines, but the United States Chaplain's Corps didn't ring true. I know that each of the services maintain their own Chaplain's Corps, and call it "Army Chaplain's Corps", "Naval Chaplain's Corps' or "Air Force Chaplain's Service", etc and I couldn't see any of them voluntarily giving up any of their authoritiy or manpower to a centralized Corps. That's when I started checking out the USCOG and the Maryland Brigade. :yes:

This needs to be moved to the "Believers vs Skeptics" forum. The OP is basically asking for harsh criticism.

okay, folks, this is ji\ust more christian gobblety gook, misinterpreting your own savior. he says

in other words, even though there will be wars, do not take it to be a sign of the end. when will you christians start reading your own gospels and think for yourselves, instead of blindly following your church teachings?

by the way, hurricanes follow an eleven year natural cycle, the the sun, and scientists have been predicting this year to be a really really bad year for hurricanes!

question, read, learn something.

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors.

The scipture goes on to say in the 33 vrs as written above. Are you willing to risk it GIDEON I pray that you dont wait because the end is closer than you think. ALSO ponder on this....

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. :yes:

Psa 55:19 God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God. :no:

Edited by MALCHI41

Are you willing to risk it GIDEON I pray that you dont wait because the end is closer than you think.

I don't know about GM, but ol' Mako is more than willing to risk it. Your man-god stated around 2000 years ago that he would return while some of that generation still lived and they died and he didn't return....End of times, I would expect the Zoroastan end of times before your! :yes:

You are probably right Mako, the Christian prohpecy "blew it" almost 2000 years ago, and must now be regarded as "false". And let's face it, much of it was a total rip-off of the Zorastrian one anyway. I mean, could it be a coincidence that both religions in their Apocolypes story would have an evil dragon bound in chains and imprisioned for 1000 years? The Zorastrian story is far older, and the Christians merely changed the dragon's name from Ahriman to Satan.

It is amazing that this most ridiculous, and obviously plagiarized of all Biblical texts has not been removed, but still regarded as holy writ. It makes all Christians seem like buffoons to acknowledge this idiocy as part of their religion.......... though I kind of like the idea of an army of fire and brimstone spewing heavenly dragons destroying the wickedest, one third of the human race, as we are not doing a very good job of controlling our population otherwise! :)